Which Jim O'Rourke album do I get?

Started by Tracy 2112, Jan 19, 2012, 06:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tracy 2112

Be the cliché you want to see in the world.

Tracy 2112

Jaimoe

Sonic Nurse by Sonic Youth. I'm serious. One of the best rock albums of the last decade and Jim had a lot to do with it.

Tracy 2112

Quote from: Jaimoe on Jan 20, 2012, 12:12 PM
Sonic Nurse by Sonic Youth. I'm serious. One of the best rock albums of the last decade and Jim had a lot to do with it.

I have just about every SY release (including Nurse) but had heard some of his solo stuff is good, but don't know which one to get.

Penny Lane

Quote from: Tracy 2112 on Jan 20, 2012, 12:37 PM

I have just about every SY release (including Nurse) but had heard some of his solo stuff is good, but don't know which one to get.

i'm also a fan of Sonic Nurse--even though it's lower on my list of favorite SY albums...and i'm not into that kind of music..when i'm in the mood--GREAT ALBUM
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

sweatboard

I only have one

Insignificance

I would recomend it.  I haven't listened to it in a long time.  I need to dig it back out.  I listened to it quite a few times but I think I might appreciate it more now. 
There's Still Time.........

Jaimoe

Quote from: Penny Lane on Jan 20, 2012, 01:06 PM
Quote from: Tracy 2112 on Jan 20, 2012, 12:37 PM

i'm also a fan of Sonic Nurse--even though it's lower on my list of favorite SY albums...and i'm not into that kind of music..when i'm in the mood--GREAT ALBUM

It's near the top of my SY list. Hey, they are almost all great though.