At Dawn Vinyl Question

Started by jcoyote, Feb 03, 2012, 08:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jcoyote

I know this has already been covered, but I had a question.  I have been confused on which At Dawn to purchase on vinyl.  Plus, I don't think I've ever actually started a new thread, so have some empathy.  I came across a new copy dated 2001.  180 gram, Darla.  Label on the front had a key to a download, but did not include the actual copy of the cd. Not a problem, since I already have it.   Is this the one I should purchase?  There was nothing to where I could tell if this was the limited # of copies.  Is this the newer run that is not so full sounding?  For What It is Worth, Steve Hoffman.com said the new copy is good.  Still... I only want to buy this once.

Thank you. 

Im The Dude

I'd just buy that one. I have looked online for an first pressing but no luck. The one I have is blue and red vinyl. i got it back in 2008. I didn't get a download of it. It sounds great. Good luck in you vinyl collecting!
7/9/03 6/8/04 10/4/08 5/2/10 8/27/10 10/18--10/23/10(T5) 8/10/11 8/12/11

jcoyote

Thanks!  Yea, I'm going to pick this one up.  I can see how this is a very addicting hobby.  I don't need anymore of those, but will try to pace myself. I remember now the picture discs from the New Year's show.  I wish I would have purchased those!!

Penny Lane

they don't a have picture disc for TTF, AD or Circ do they?  just double-checking....
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

johnnYYac

Quote from: Penny Lane on Feb 06, 2012, 05:03 PM
they don't a have picture disc for TTF, AD or Circ do they?  just double-checking....
Noop.  Colored vinyl or "reg'lar" vinyl.
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

headhunter

Quote from: johnnYYac on Feb 06, 2012, 05:24 PM
Quote from: Penny Lane on Feb 06, 2012, 05:03 PM
Noop.  Colored vinyl or "reg'lar" vinyl.

Correctamundo.  Don't matter which one you get, just get it on vinyl.  The best late night listening material for your heart and soul.
was some shakin' and some record playin'

Dillsnufus

i ordered from BN last month. that was a mistake. they delayed it,.
Gazziza My Dillsnufus

rusty95

Quote from: Im The Dude on Feb 05, 2012, 12:12 AM
I'd just buy that one. I have looked online for an first pressing but no luck. The one I have is blue and red vinyl. i got it back in 2008. I didn't get a download of it. It sounds great. Good luck in you vinyl collecting!

hmm... mine are green and blue anyone know the difference??
Y'all got any disco ball back there?

jcoyote

Thanks for your help!!  I picked it up a couple of days ago.  It ended up being the black vinyl copy.  I will listen to it tomorrow night.  I simply cannot wait...!!!

Dillsnufus

was there more than one copy?
Gazziza My Dillsnufus

jcoyote

There was not...If I go back in there and see another copy, I will let those on the board know.  I was in Charlotte over the weekend @ Manifest.  You think you're going to go in and see all this stuff that hopefully they are not wise to, but that obviously was not the case.