New York Football Giants

Started by zanjam, Feb 04, 2012, 01:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

iLikeBeer

Quote from: Ruckus on Feb 07, 2012, 11:08 AM
:))Dude.  Not real.  I thinks there's one of my friends imitating me after game 7 of Cubbies /Marlins.

I don't know what was worse for me.  Game 7 of that series or watching the Cubs come unglued in that infamous 8th inning of game 6 when they had a 3-0 lead and were just 5 outs from winning the pennant?! 

Of course, worse for me even still was watching Jose Mesa blow a 2-1 save opportunity in the bottom of the 9th that would have given the Indians their first World Series since 1948?!  And of course, it was those damn Marlins that did it to the Indians that year as well?!   :-\

Ruckus

Quote from: iLikeBeer on Feb 07, 2012, 02:20 PM
Quote from: Ruckus on Feb 07, 2012, 11:08 AM
:))Dude.  Not real.  I thinks there's one of my friends imitating me after game 7 of Cubbies /Marlins.

I don't know what was worse for me.  Game 7 of that series or watching the Cubs come unglued in that infamous 8th inning of game 6 when they had a 3-0 lead and were just 5 outs from winning the pennant?! 

Of course, worse for me even still was watching Jose Mesa blow a 2-1 save opportunity in the bottom of the 9th that would have given the Indians their first World Series since 1948?!  And of course, it was those damn Marlins that did it to the Indians that year as well?!   :-
Yeah, ouch on the Mesa one for sure.  I know what you're sayin about 6 and 7.  6 was the emotional blow up one.  7 was the depressed feel of resignation one.
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

TEO

The hands down local favorite I will add... :)
"You are only as young as the last time you changed your mind" T. Leary

zanjam

THAT.  WAS.  AWESOME!!! 

Thank you, fellow Jints fans, for sharing in my excitement!!  It was a crazy few days around these here parts.  Finally getting back to normal :)
anything + reverb always = better

ericm

"Where's Jim going?"

Ruckus

Quote from: ericm on Feb 08, 2012, 12:52 PM
Sorry Ruckus.  ;)

"]
;D
Classless.  Just Classless.  Deadheads these days. :(  Or that's what Francessa would say right?  No need to get all jealous Eric that our QB is infinitely more fuckable than yours.  Ugh, I can't believe I had to choose a team to root for.  One day the Jets will be in the Super Bowl against the Eagles, Skins or Cowboys and you will know my pain.  Nah you won't.  You guys don't have the inferiority complex us long time Jets fans have.
Seriously, congratulations to you mouth breathers.  The less classless team deservedly won.

I heard that following the game, Coughlin yelled at some Giants fans taunting Jizzelle and some sensitive  ;) Patriots fans to chill out.  After some open mouthed, dim eyed stares at one another, the Giants fans slowly broke into a "Fire Coughlin" chant.  Thank you very much.   I'll be here all week.
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

ericm

Quote from: Ruckus on Feb 08, 2012, 08:43 PM
Quote from: ericm on Feb 08, 2012, 12:52 PM
Sorry Ruckus.  ;)

"]
;D
Classless.  Just Classless.  Deadheads these days. :(  Or that's what Francessa would say right?  No need to get all jealous Eric that our QB is infinitely more fuckable than yours.  Ugh, I can't believe I had to choose a team to root for.  One day the Jets will be in the Super Bowl against the Eagles, Skins or Cowboys and you will know my pain.  Nah you won't.  You guys don't have the inferiority complex us long time Jets fans have.

No way Rob. 1st off have you seen Eli's wife? :o  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup: Sanchez can chase all he wants, but Eli has done VERY well for himself,imo!

2nd, I'll have no trouble rooting for little brother over any NFC East team. They're our rivals, not the Jets. Same way I'll always root for the Mets over the Red Sox.
"Where's Jim going?"

ericm

"Where's Jim going?"

joe v

Quote from: Jahmazed on Feb 05, 2012, 10:34 AM
Quote from: mahg33ta on Feb 04, 2012, 09:23 AM
mods please lock this thread

Agreed, enough Giants smack talk this week.. let the game begin!
Smack talk time now ;)
My Perfect Day = Snowboarding on a powder day in the trees & listening to my favorite music.