Metallica's Orion Festival in Atlantic City

Started by Penny Lane, Feb 07, 2012, 03:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Penny Lane

Looks like Metallica's big announcement was this festival:

Metallica have just announced that they will be headlining the Orion Music+More festival in Atlantic City NJ on June 23rd and 24th. The festival also features 22 other artists picked by Metallica. Tickets go on sale Feb. 11th, with a special Metclub pre-sale starting tomorrow Feb. 8th. The video below has more info:

Metallica themselves will play the complete Ride the Lightning one night and Metallica aka "The Black Album" the other while some 20 other bands–among them, Arctic Monkeys, Modest Mouse, Cage the Elephant, Titus Andronicus and Lucero–will entertain on multiple stages. (What, no Questlove?!) Metallica fan club members can grab up discounted $125 all-fest passes or $225 VIPs during the pre-sale, which begins on Wednesday at 10 a.m., while the rest of you will have to wait until Saturday to pay more for the same thing.

http://metalassault.com/news/2012/02/07/metallica-to-headline-2-day-orion-festival-in-atlantic-city/

Lucero
The Black Angels
Roky Erichson
Modest Mouse
Arctic Monkeys
Cage the Elephant
Titus Andronicus
Gary Clark, Jr
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

YouAre_GivenToFly

Somewhere in the universe, the 16 year old version of me is really, really excited.
The wind blew me back, via Chicago, in the middle of the night.

mahg33ta

APR

Nice to learn that Modest Mouse is there.  This could mean they will schedule some other East coast shows in June.  I'll keep my eyes open for that news.

I saw Metallica in 1990..... definitely worth it to experience them live.

e_wind

Metallica was my first live show that I chose to go to consciously when I was in 6th or 7th grade. St Anger and beyond is garbage, but this line up is actually good. If it was local I too would be there.
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

Penny Lane

I think I want to do this festival. It's just Sat/Sun, the lineup is great, and I missed Metallica at Bonnaroo because I was trying to get the rail for MMJ. (ended up meeting Ghosts, which was totally cool!) Plus this would finally give me a reason to go to AC.

ericm-how far is this from you?

Murph

Yea I think I have to do this one as well.  Modest Mouse and Atlantic City in the same weekend is too good to pass up.  Anyone know if they are selling one day tickets or if you just have to buy a weekend pass?

Penny Lane

Quote from: Murph on Feb 13, 2012, 11:47 AM
Yea I think I have to do this one as well.  Modest Mouse and Atlantic City in the same weekend is too good to pass up.  Anyone know if they are selling one day tickets or if you just have to buy a weekend pass?

so far i just see the early bird passes (150$)..no singles..