Box Set Ideas aka AMAZING T5 #1 compilation video - The Tennessee Fire! (scroll)

Started by johnnYYac, Feb 09, 2012, 12:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bluesky

Thank-you so much Dillsnufus for putting this up!!! And to all the tapers!!! :-*

woodnymph

I'm still on War Begun... had to jot down as best I could the bit about the big... pool.... the reflecting... pool... you're diving in off of the diving board in the back and you cant see where the edges stop and you cant see where the end is, but you're in the pool and it feels good, and you're... just absored by it, just consumed by it, and this place is kind of like a reflecting...pooool....

:-* :-* :-*

So grateful to have witnessed these miraclesssss of music and spirit and amazing friends  :-*
Daylight is good at arriving in the night time

Penny Lane

Quote from: bluesky on Feb 14, 2012, 11:16 PM
Thank-you so much Dillsnufus for putting this up!!! And to all the tapers!!! :-*

Dill---this is seriously incredible...thank you so much!
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

Im The Dude

Wow, what a great f'n video! thanks so much.
7/9/03 6/8/04 10/4/08 5/2/10 8/27/10 10/18--10/23/10(T5) 8/10/11 8/12/11

Dillsnufus

thanks guys :) i hope whoever did this does it for the rest of the shows if they can. I swear if they do t6  i'm video taping all of it.  God damn MMJ would you release this already?! anyway thanks for the complements i saw this skimming recent mmj vids on youtube and i saw this and had to post it .
Gazziza My Dillsnufus

Fully

As someone who couldn't go to T5, this is the closest I'll ever get to experiencing it. It's really wonderful and so nice to see the back of Trish's head and hear Penny talk too!

tdb810

Quote from: Penny Lane on Feb 14, 2012, 11:10 PM
Whoever filmed Evelyn is right behind tbd---check out the 21 min mark! I'm right beside her because I keep asking if someone's taping or getting pics...how annoying of me..
you could NEVER annoy me!

Whoa, Dills -- this is so sweet of you to put this together! Wow, what magical memories.  Remember the first night guys?  The excitement and anticipation were almost to much too handle! 
Thank you so much!
The reflecting pool rambling is lovely....
.....Back at the Model Home

Dillsnufus

Quote from: tdb810 on Feb 15, 2012, 10:20 AM
Quote from: Penny Lane on Feb 14, 2012, 11:10 PM
Whoever filmed Evelyn is right behind tbd---check out the 21 min mark! I'm right beside her because I keep asking if someone's taping or getting pics...how annoying of me..
you could NEVER annoy me!

Whoa, Dills -- this is so sweet of you to put this together! Wow, what magical memories.  Remember the first night guys?  The excitement and anticipation were almost to much too handle! 
Thank you so much!
The reflecting pool rambling is lovely....

i didn't make this but thanks. sorry for hijacking the thread.
Gazziza My Dillsnufus

Bigsky

darkglow

man... POWERFUL.. is all i can say after watching that video.

the whole idea of the terminal 5 week is still a bit hard to believe in my head... how did it all happen so fluidly like that?

darkglow

hahah.. and FYI my youtube handle is "bitchisyoucrazy" and i got a shout out in the credits.. how cool of that guy...

i remember a few of us still up at 4am the morning after the concert watching that video clip of "evelyn" that i shot with my little point and shoot digital camera.. looks like some of that made it into this video..

i hope if he's doing a compilation for night 2.. he uses my video of PWW

Phone Went West - My Morning Jacket (Terminal 5)

sweatboard

Yep, I can't believe how good that sounds.  Nice post Dark, even though I can't bring myself to listen to the whole thing (still holding out for the official release).  It's getting a little crazy though.  They really need to announce this for record store day or I'm just going to start thinking they really don't give a shit about how much we care about these shows.  It's a fan club, your fans are rabid.......feed them!!!!! 
There's Still Time.........

Dillsnufus

I really hope it isn't a rsd release. cause i'll camp out for it. also i'm totally getting the flaming lips lp with yim yames collab.
Gazziza My Dillsnufus

TheThird

Quote from: Dillsnufus on Feb 16, 2012, 01:11 AM
also i'm totally getting the flaming lips lp with yim yames collab.

Did I read this right?!?!?! FLAMING LIPS WITH YIM YAMES? Where did you hear about this?!
[url="http://www.discogs.com/user/TheThird/collection"]http://www.discogs.com/user/TheThird/collection[/url]

Dillsnufus

youtube dan from canada (does vinyl reviews and stuff) said it hope he's right.

update: sry i think he was mistaked sorry for raising your hopes
Gazziza My Dillsnufus

BigHerm

Quote from: TheThird on Feb 16, 2012, 09:27 PM
Quote from: Dillsnufus on Feb 16, 2012, 01:11 AM
also i'm totally getting the flaming lips lp with yim yames collab.

Did I read this right?!?!?! FLAMING LIPS WITH YIM YAMES? Where did you hear about this?!
http://www.spin.com/articles/bon-ivers-virgin-diaries-inside-grammy-neophytes-big-weekend?page=0%2C0&utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=021412

QuoteTo Whitney," booms My Morning Jacket drummer Patrick Hallahan, his glass raised to Justin and Nate's. "It's so crazy: Just this past Tuesday Jim [James, My Morning Jacket frontman] and I were playing records at this party we have with our friends back home in Louisville, and we were just whipping out Whitney records. Every song was slammin'." We're in the garden behind Levi's "Haus of Strauss," a cozy villa just around the corner from the Chateau Marmont that the denim juggernaut has converted into a showroom for the occasion. Vernon and James are meeting for the first time tonight, bonding from the start over their individual contributions to an ongoing collaboration with the Flaming Lips. "Is it an EP or an album?" James asks. "No idea!" Vernon replies as they both pivot into place for a photo together. Though Hallahan's tribute had Houston in mind, the evening itself was originally arranged to celebrate the Grammy nominations of Bon Iver, My Morning Jacket, and the beard-less Aussies of Cut Copy. Not counting the series of hors d'oeuvres making the rounds, chef Ludo Lefebvre has prepared a five-course meal. "Every time I have been nominated for something, I have lost," the Frenchman jokes as we're seated. "So I am crossing my fingers and hoping for you this weekend." Halfway through our entrées, Bon Iver's Song of the Year nominee, "Holocene", begins to drift from the speakers overhead. "Can't we get some different music?" asks Vernon's father, Gil, with a wink.

BadfooT

Quote from: johnnYYac on Feb 09, 2012, 02:35 PM
Quote from: e_wind on Feb 09, 2012, 12:38 PM
i don't think i could buy a box set full of things I already own...
Oh, I own them all too, but figured it might be the best way to get a repressing going that would temp someone like us, who own the individual pieces.  Having the bluray available separately, too, would be ideal.  Including AC is a must.

I emailed Badman about Oko and here's the transcript.  Note the Acoustic Citsuoca bit at the end.

To Dylan Magierek [dylan@badmanrecordingco.com]

Hi there,

I'm a regular contributor to the My Morning Jacket website fan forum.  Many folks are frustrated that the LP version of Okonokos is nowhere to be found, 'cept for a guy on eBay with 4 copies selling for $100 each and a couple of used copies in Denmark for around $85.  Any chance there are plans for a repressing or some such?  I posted today my pipe dream that Oko be re-released as a deluxe box set, with CD and bluray of the concert video of the same name, to include the LE video "Acoustic Chorale".  Anyway, thanks for listening and if you know of any copies available for under $100, let me know.  I have mine but a few friends asked around, so...

His reply:

Hi John,

Thanks for the inquiry.  We had Okonokos available for six years.  We sold through all of our copies, except a few in our archives, this last fall.  Our license is up on the album.  I sold a few slightly damaged boxes, through our site, recently to die hard fans, and may have another one or two around.  I'm sure there are some stores out there that have a few on hand, as I have seen sales on Soundscan very recently.  So, folks may want to call around and see if they can locate something.

We will soon be out of our colored versions of Acoutica Citsuoca, so if folks want those they may want to jump on them soon, too.

Cheers,

Dylan
Badman

I have been looking for a while. I guess he is down to two and the price is now 200 a pop.  What a dick.

Dillsnufus

can you believe circuital has been out for almost a year and still no info on the t5 box release?

Lay low - My Morning Jacket
found this on my phone
Gazziza My Dillsnufus