Happy Valentine's Day

Started by Penny Lane, Feb 13, 2012, 10:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Devil Ledbetter

Quote from: ericm on Feb 14, 2012, 04:57 PM

And one for my beautiful, and wonderful daughter Melissa, who today is celebrating three years of being in remission,and kicking cancer's ass!!  :-*  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: 

Melissa - LIVE

Enjoy, and Happy Valentines Day to all. You guys are the best. :beer:
I love that song, and your celebration of your daughter's remission makes it all the more touching.
We understand it's the '90s.

Tired Eyes

Quote from: Devil Ledbetter on Feb 14, 2012, 05:10 PM
Quote from: YouAre_GivenToFly on Feb 14, 2012, 04:58 PM
Hooray for the commercialization of a social construct/biological response!

Just kidding.. kind of. Hail, hail to the lucky ones.

Pearl Jam - Hail, Hail (Lyrics)
Ah, an all-time favorite! Nice to see other PJ fans here.

Agreed on both counts!

pawpaw

Quote from: Fully on Feb 14, 2012, 08:31 PM
Look y'all I got a Valentime from @yimyames!!! (Pretty sure he meant it just for me ;D ;D ;D )

:bath: ::) ;)

Hmmm...Santa Barbara County, Channel Island off the coast? Cool picture.
"I'm able to sing because I'm able to fly, son. You heard me right..."

ALady

Quote from: Devil Ledbetter on Feb 14, 2012, 09:10 PM

And one for my beautiful, and wonderful daughter Melissa, who today is celebrating three years of being in remission,and kicking cancer's ass!!  :-*  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: 

Melissa - LIVE

I love that song, and your celebration of your daughter's remission makes it all the more touching.

My thoughts exactly.  So happy you have so much to celebrate today, Eric!
if it falls apart or makes us millionaires

woodnymph

That is wonderful news indeed Eric!!!  Congratulations to you and your family!!!  Definitely makes it an ultra-special day! :-D
Daylight is good at arriving in the night time

Fully

ericm - Congratulations on your daughter's continued good health. Every day you have with her must be a true gift.  :beer:

ericm

Thanks for all the kind words.  8)

Yesterday was another big day for us, and I wanted to share our good fortune, and blessings with my extended family.   :)
"Where's Jim going?"

tdb810

Quote from: ericm on Feb 15, 2012, 12:04 PM

Yesterday was another big day for us, and I wanted to share our good fortune, and blessings with my extended family.   :)
Excellent, excellent news eric! Can't wait to celebrate with you!
.....Back at the Model Home

Crispy

Great to hear this, Eric. I remember you telling the story while we were in CO, and what a story it is. Best to you guys.
"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

johnnYYac

Eric, didn't know your daughter was ill.  Really great that she's winning the fight.  This is awesome! 
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

MamaKel

Eric, congratulations to you and your family on your daughter's recovery. I cannot begin to imagine what you endured...thank you for sharing such a blessing. I will pray for you and your family...that you continue to be blessed. Give her a big hug from everybody here...I'm sure she has a very bright future!!!!

vespachick

Quote from: Penny Lane on Feb 14, 2012, 12:01 AM
for Vespa:

Paul Weller - Wishing On A Star

Aawwww, what a sweetie you are!  That's a helluva valentines project you had for yourself g'friend!  What a thoughtful chickadee!   :-* :-*
My jacket's gonna be cut slim and checked

crazylove

Quote from: Crispy on Feb 15, 2012, 12:32 PM

Great to hear this, Eric. I remember you telling the story while we were in CO, and what a story it is. Best to you guys.
I remember this amazing story as well.  Wonderful to hear she is doing so well.  Congratulations to a girl who is soooo lucky to have you for a Dad! :thumbsup:
"You could kill someone up here and bury them in the snow! No one would ever find them!"- Penny Lane

crazylove

Penny,
You are one of a kind! I know there is so much more to you than rock and roll! You have the deepest soul and open heart of anyone on this forum.  Only you would think to do this, pick each and every song that fits the person and share it with all of us! 

Love you bunches!

There is only one song Valentine's Day in my humble opinion!

Van Morrison - Crazy Love
"You could kill someone up here and bury them in the snow! No one would ever find them!"- Penny Lane

ericm

You guys are all so very kind.  8) I posted that video yesterday for my daughter, and also as a feel good Valentines Day story that might bring some smiles.

Little did I know that I'd be the one doing so much smiling. All your thoughtful pm's, texts, and responses were so very touching, and  have really made the last couple of days even better. I didn't think it could get any better, but knowing so many of you here, I should have known better.  Thanks so much.  :-*

The warmth, caring, and love that this place has for each other never ceases to amaze me. I'm proud to be a part of this family, and look forward to seeing each and every one of you at a show sometime soon.  :beer:

Eric

"Where's Jim going?"

Penny Lane

Quote from: crazylove on Feb 15, 2012, 07:01 PM
Penny,
You are one of a kind! I know there is so much more to you than rock and roll! You have the deepest soul and open heart of anyone on this forum.  Only you would think to do this, pick each and every song that fits the person and share it with all of us! 

Love you bunches!

There is only one song Valentine's Day in my humble opinion!

Van Morrison - Crazy Love

thanks, Crazy! how could i forget THE song!

i'm also sorry i didn't get to everyone and i got tired, plus i couldn't remember what people's favorites were...
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

sweatboard

There's Still Time.........

YouAre_GivenToFly

The wind blew me back, via Chicago, in the middle of the night.