Nice Omnichord for sale

Started by Johnny_Yac, May 18, 2010, 09:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarkW

Now you've confused me, YYacc.  Here we are back in July last year:

Quote from: johnnYYac on Jul 11, 2010, 04:47 PMThey run around $700, which is what my 4 'chords cost me.

Fast forward to January 2011, and:

Quote from: johnnYYac on Jan 10, 2011, 10:07 PM
Lots of tasty 'chords up on eBay, though prices are high.  This bodes well for my 7 'chord collection (kind of like the stock market for Omnichords).

From four to seven in six months?  You've been scratching your 'chord itch on the quiet!

I hope that Mrs Y doesn't frequent these parts...   ;D
The trouble with the straight and the narrow is it's so thin, I keep sliding off to the side

MrsYYac

SEVEN Omnichords??!!! It only takes one of his damn lazer harps to drive me up a wall, and now he's got seven of the things? Excuse me, I'm off to find a hammer...

walterfredo

Quote from: MrsYYac on Apr 27, 2011, 11:16 AM
SEVEN Omnichords??!!! It only takes one of his damn lazer harps to drive me up a wall, and now he's got seven of the things? Excuse me, I'm off to find a hammer...

epic first post

Ruckus

;D
How many more accounts can you create Flyguy? ;D
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

MarkW

pwnd
The trouble with the straight and the narrow is it's so thin, I keep sliding off to the side

johnnYYac

Aw, gee, hon.  I thought  I told you I'd cashed in the girls 529s.  And now I can almost pull off Black Metal. 

Mrs. Y is fully aware of my habits and prefers an Omnichord collection and MMJ obsession to having an affair, an expensive sports car, a drug/alcohol problem, or whatever other stereotypical mid-life crisis example you can imagine.

And I stand corrected.  I currently have 6, so its not so bad:

1- OM-84 (signed by YY)
1- OM-150
2- OM-200m (one doesn't work 100%)
1- OM-300
1- QChord
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

DejaView2011

Quote from: johnnYYac on Apr 24, 2011, 09:42 AM
Here's Bowie doing S&G's America at a 9/11 tribute concert, using an Omnichord.

http://youtu.be/IS4ZW6f89QI
I remember watching this and wondering what he was playing. Wow!  Thanks for posting this. @JonnyYac, could you help me pick out my first Omnichord? At 29 guitars I gotta move along to something that takes up less space. Lol. Plus I've wanted one for almost a year now but. Knew no one with any education on them at all. I'm not as interested in "vintage" ones as I am in one with more of the bells and whistles to play with. The newer model looks cool as hell. Is it a good one to get as a first?
Why does my mind blow to bits everytime they play that song?

DejaView2011

So, there's several Suzuki Q Chords up on eBay now. One for under 200.00! I'm ready to hit BUY IT NOW but wont without word from my omnichord master.

johnnYYac

From my experience, while hardly an expert, I would recommend an Omnichord based on your needs, interests, and $$$.

I spent a lot of time and money finding a unit that allowed me to cover MMJ and YY tunes.  The one he used the past 3 years or so is the OM-200m.  A good unit will go for $200 to $500. 

For a simpler, analog 80s sound, I'd recommend the OM-84.  There are plenty around and you can sometimes score one for cheap (under $200).

The newest model, the QChord, was my first and sometimes  I regret owning it (though I spent an hour playing it last night and thoroughly enjoyed it).  Its  a departure from all models before it, more digital in sound with almost 100 instrument voices. 

You can hear the QChord, OM-84, and OM-200m on my site's Recordings page.

johnnYYac

Check out this circuit bent OM-27.  Haven't seen one quite this decked out, but its approaching $1000 on eBay.

Squidfanny - Circuit Bent OMNICHORD OM-27 (july 2011)

from the eBay posting:

This is a long video, as there are a lot of new features to demonstrate.
If you prefer to skip ahead then these are the exact times you'll want -
First 7 minutes are a general jam to show all of the various features in action.
Drum / Rhythm Mods are Demonstrated at - 9:17
LFO is demonstrated at - 10:35
Touch Points are Demonstrated at - 12:50
Sonic Glitch is Demonstrated at - 15:42

DejaView2011

:D :D :D JonnYac, we're having a blast with this thing!! Thanks for helping me pick it out! We really should do a collaborative cover of a MMJ song. Even if you film yourself playing something I can lift the audio track and add other tracks to it.
         I think it would be mighty awesome if a bunch of us forum musicians got together and recut a MMJ song. It seems like the thing to do these days, but it would be a first being an all forum/internet collaboration.

johnnYYac

This looks good, for anyone wanting to own the model Jim uses on stage the last few tours.  Good price, looks clean, good condition.

http://cgi.ebay.com/RARE-SUZUKI-OMNICHORD-MODEL-OM-200m-CHORD-MEM-Case-MIDI-/110731014220?pt=Keyboards_MIDI&hash=item19c815304c

Hawkeye

Score!  I Yac'd 'er right up.  Thanks Yac!  As long as everything works, I'm a happy camper!  Are these things fairly durable?  Is it heard of for buttons to break, and if so, are these usually scrapped or repaired?
We could.

johnnYYac

Quote from: Hawkeye on Aug 17, 2011, 07:43 PM
Score!  I Yac'd 'er right up.  Thanks Yac!  As long as everything works, I'm a happy camper!  Are these things fairly durable?  Is it heard of for buttons to break, and if so, are these usually scrapped or repaired?
Congrats!  I take full credit if your happy with it and no responsibility if you're not.  :thumbsup:

I beat on mine quite heavily, mostly the strumplate.  Its holdin' up well; just jammed out on it today.  The thing to avoid is maxing the volume knobs, mashing buttons too hard, and playing it in the bathtub.

:bath:

I met a fella through eBay who can repair and refurbish Omnichords.  If anyone needs his number, give me a shout.  I've got another OM-200m that hasn't worked right since I got it.  I keep meaning to get it fixed.

Let me know how it turns out.  I think the only thing you might want is an AC adapter.  Look at the specs, as the polarity on the AC plug is different.  If you play a lot, you go through batteries pretty severe.

Have fun!

Hawkeye

Well, I think I really F'ed up.  Itching to play the new 'Chord, I plugged it into the 12VDC power supply that runs my external hard drive...it wouldn't stay powered on...looked in the manual and it says you can only use THEIR power supply or you can seriously damage the electronics...went to Wal-Mart and picked up some C batteries, but it still won't stay powered on.  Not sure what to do...thinking about filing some sort of concealed damage claim?  That may be kinda shitty of me, but the guy still gets his money and I just get my money back...worth a shot?  I got an overhead projector one time that was smashed up and I filed a claim.  It still worked and I kept it and still have it, but the glass top was smashed.  Carrier was UPS that time, though.  This shipped USPS.

Yac, any chance you can hook me up with your repairman to see if this thing is salvageable?
We could.

DejaView2011

Johnny! You've got us all buying Omnichords now!

EvilGirl

Have just seen this thread.

I have an Omnichord for sale.

Message me if interested..thanks.

Hawkeye

I may be interested EvilGirl...what model is it?

Mine's still collecting dust (not working).
We could.

EvilGirl

Sorry for the delay in replying..have been away.

It just says on the front Omnichord Suzuki..on the back its says OM-27..hope that helps.