MMJ @ IFC Independent Spirit Awards (airs Sat. Feb. 25 @ 10pm EST on IFC)

Started by johnnYYac, Feb 24, 2012, 01:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnnYYac

A tweet from MMJ tour manager Eric Mayers, referring to Jimmy the P, MMJ roadie, at the IFC Independent Spirit Awards, which airs tomorrow night @ 10 pm on IFC...

@Eric_Mayers: God smiling down upon Jimmy The P. #mmj #ifcspiritawards http://t.co/lRgWy9Yn
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

subinai

apparently so! my friend at IFC just confirmed that MMJ, K'naan, and garfunkel and oats are slated to perform. set your dvrs!

Fully

johnnYYac

Fully

Very nice photo work there, John. Now if anyone can tape their performance for those of us who don't have IFC, life would be awesome.

johnnYYac

Thanks, Fully, but that photo is not my handiwork. Bo tweeted that his performance tonight would be dedicated to Bryan Cranston and someone replied with that photo.  I should have given credit where due, but...  photo by Desi Moore (@DudeItsDesi).

johnnYYac

lucylew

Being that I am an awards show junkie (sad but true) I was planning on watching this anyway, but now I'm sooooo excited.   :beer:

EasyRyder

Quote from: Dillsnufus on Feb 25, 2012, 01:12 AM
Quote from: johnnYYac on Feb 24, 2012, 11:47 PM

;D

the levels of awesomeness contained within your work are rich. Bromine is an underrated element, much like Bo himself.

If anyone wants the link to stream online: http://www.ifc.com/syncs/spirit-award?tz=e
"As citizens of eternity we ought to be without anxiety."

Dillsnufus

Gazziza My Dillsnufus

EasyRyder

Quote from: Dillsnufus on Feb 25, 2012, 10:31 PM
is there suppose to video on that link? i don't see it.

sorry, Dill, I thought there was but I think I was mislead by some confusing verbage on the site  :embarassed:

I'm gonna keep looking though. Wish I had IFC.

johnnYYac

Thank god they came on an hour in.  I understand now why everyone there enjoyed getting plastered on whiskey, courtesy of one of the sponsors.  A mid-afternoon buzz to kill the pain of an award show so cool it doesn't give a shit, I guess. 

MMJ were, of course, good... though not great.   I was quite surprised they dusted off that golden oldie OBH.  Carl's guitar was nearly absent from the mix, so one had to wait for Jim's guitar to save the day at the end. 

EDIT - weird, but watchIng it on the DVR this morning, Carl's guitar is right on. 

Jackets N Pones

Awesome - thanks for posting. Definitely beats last night's slam dunk contest...
Here it is, in its entirety, our cover of ELO's Telephone Wire

EasyRyder

sounds pretty damn good to me!! I'm loving the song choice given the event...that had to have been loud  :thumbsup:

thx for the link, CC

Dillsnufus

Gazziza My Dillsnufus