Main Menu

Record Store Day

Started by TheThird, Feb 29, 2012, 06:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheThird

Anybody know of any definite releases?
[url="http://www.discogs.com/user/TheThird/collection"]http://www.discogs.com/user/TheThird/collection[/url]

BH

This is what I'll be looking for in case someone wants to buy it all, wrap it up and ship it to me.   ;)     Seriously though, if someone sees the M. Ward 7" send me a PM.   If that's all I get, I'll be happy.

Ryan Adams Heartbreak/Black Rain 7"
Flaming Lips - Heady Fwends
New Multitudes 10"   (Is this something different?)
M. Ward - Primitive Girl 7"
White Stripes - Hand Springs 7"
Chris Robinson Band - New Suede Shoes 7"
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

johnnYYac

Quote from: BH on Apr 10, 2012, 12:54 PM
New Multitudes 10"   (Is this something different?)
Jay Farrar, Will Johnson, Anders Parker, Yim Yames
New Multitudes

DETAILS
Format: 10" LP
Label: Rounder
Release type: RSD Exclusive Release
More Info:

Tracks:
"Freedom's Fire"
"Talking Empty Bed Blues (demo)"
"Healing Hand"
"Chorine My Sheba Queen (demo)"

An intimate interpretation of American icon and musical legend Woody Guthrie's unrecorded lyrics from a dream team of Americana torchbearers: Jay Farrar (Son Volt), Will Johnson (Centro-matic), Anders Parker (Varnaline), and Yim Yames (My Morning Jacket). The collaborators seamlessly converge the sepia-toned essence of the time honored past with the risks needed to forge the future. This exclusive Record Store Day 10" includes 2 previously unreleased demo tracks and an additional 2 tracks not available for purchase anywhere else.

More on releases here: http://www.recordstoreday.com/SpecialReleases
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

e_wind

My list

Eddie Vedder 7"
M. Ward 7"
J. Dilla 7"
New multitudes 10"
Flaming lips and fwends 
Ringworm The Venemous Grand Design
Ringworm Justice Replaced by Revenge
Futurebirds
Refused - the shape of punk to come
Wilco - the whole love box set. 
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

ALady

Does anyone know how limited that Flaming Lips thing is?  Is it the thing that comes with the tote bag?

Asking for a friend.
if it falls apart or makes us millionaires

walterfredo

If anyone happens to see the Phish 'Junta' release I would love some help tracking it down, I know my local store will not have it, I think it might be fairly hard to come by and I'd love some help. 

BH

Quote from: ALady on Apr 11, 2012, 03:07 PM
Does anyone know how limited that Flaming Lips thing is?  Is it the thing that comes with the tote bag?

Asking for a friend.

10,000 which seems like more than most of the other stuff but still pretty limited considering fans of all the contributers will also probably be interested.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

joey_rogo

Quote from: walterfredo on Apr 11, 2012, 03:09 PM
If anyone happens to see the Phish 'Junta' release I would love some help tracking it down, I know my local store will not have it, I think it might be fairly hard to come by and I'd love some help.

I've got my eye on this as well. I'll probably pick up 2 if my local shop has it. I'll keep you updated.

ALady

Oh, that's pretty good.  Thanks, BH.  Any idea if the Fwends thing is the same thing as the tote bag thing?

fredo, I will keep an eye out for Junta for you as well.
if it falls apart or makes us millionaires

walterfredo

thanks all!  Would love one that came with the Pollock print, but would be a happy camper with the regular one all the same. 

joey_rogo

i didn't even know there were 2 different versions?!? o man.

also, they are 'previewing' the record at nectar's this saturday in burlytown. i'll be in town but for alabama shakes instead.

walterfredo

Quote from: joey_rogo on Apr 11, 2012, 06:42 PM
i didn't even know there were 2 different versions?!? o man.

also, they are 'previewing' the record at nectar's this saturday in burlytown. i'll be in town but for alabama shakes instead.

a limited number of the copies will have a new Junta related Pollock print, and I believe those copies will cost more. If someone is able to grab me one I can send payment via paypal immediately.  Thanks!

subinai

jones

Junta will be the only thing I'm after. The problem is that I'll be on a cruise (I know, poor me) so I will have no chance of getting a copy the day of. I will obtain it in some fashion, I just hope it's not through an overpriced auction on eBay.

Any help would be greatly appreciated people!

YouAre_GivenToFly

Its kinda of silly that Wilco is doing that box set thing. I've paid my Whole Love dues, as I've already purchased it on LP, got the 10" last record store day, and got the blue 7" "I Might" single. I'd like to have it all in one box, and they even had that box available for seperate purchase in their webstore a few months back, but it has disappeared.
The wind blew me back, via Chicago, in the middle of the night.

e_wind

I agree about the wilco thing, but since I only own the I Might 7", I'll buy the box set depending on price.

Seems lots of peeps are gonna be looking for Junta. Im not a Phan so if I see it I'll pick one up for someone here

e_wind

I really REALLY want the EV 7" and the refused record, but with EarXTacy gone, I don't know how easy it'll be to come across them. So if anyone sees em...  :thumbsup:

jones

Thanks in advance to anyone that can help! It looks like fredo would have firsts on Junta. I can PayPal immediately as soon as I return if someone lands an extra. Not to be presumptuous or greedy, but I would take more than one if they were available so that I could leave one sealed. So if you see one, buy it!

I will be without internet access from 4/15 to 4/22.

Ruckus

Quote from: YouAre_GivenToFly on Apr 12, 2012, 10:06 AM
Its kinda of silly that Wilco is doing that box set thing. I've paid my Whole Love dues, as I've already purchased it on LP, got the 10" last record store day, and got the blue 7" "I Might" single. I'd like to have it all in one box, and they even had that box available for seperate purchase in their webstore a few months back, but it has disappeared.
Well if Kicking Television is any indication, this'll be available a few years later for 40% off. ;)
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head