Main Menu

Record Store Day

Started by TheThird, Feb 29, 2012, 06:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ManNamedTruth

Quote from: Im The Dude on Apr 19, 2012, 10:28 PM
Quote from: ManNamedTruth on Apr 12, 2012, 03:20 PM
I plan on hitting up a store or 2 and will keep an eye out for Junta and any other records yinz are looking for.

What stores? Im going to head to Attic Records before their midnight opening. Did you go there late year? Any tips? I've only been to Jerry's on RSD.

I plan to hit up The Exchange in Monroeville and maybe Attic. I've been to Attic Records a couple times but not on RSD. They're definitely the best record store I've been to, I always have to put a bunch of stuff back on the shelves or I'd spend way too much dollar there. Do you mean they open at midnight tonight? I won't be able to swing that so no advice there. The Exchange has a bunch of locations in and around Pittsburgh, and are a RSD participating store. They have a fairly small vinyl selection but it's pretty quality considering. That's where I got my MMJ pic discs weeks later after RSD as well as the Friends Again 7".
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

Im The Dude

Quote from: ManNamedTruth on Apr 20, 2012, 02:44 PM
I plan on hitting up a store or 2 and will keep an eye out for Junta and any other records yinz are looking for.

What stores? Im going to head to Attic Records before their midnight opening. Did you go there late year? Any tips? I've only been to Jerry's on RSD.

I plan to hit up The Exchange in Monroeville and maybe Attic. I've been to Attic Records a couple times but not on RSD. They're definitely the best record store I've been to, I always have to put a bunch of stuff back on the shelves or I'd spend way too much dollar there. Do you mean they open at midnight tonight? I won't be able to swing that so no advice there. The Exchange has a bunch of locations in and around Pittsburgh, and are a RSD participating store. They have a fairly small vinyl selection but it's pretty quality considering. That's where I got my MMJ pic discs weeks later after RSD as well as the Friends Again 7".

I'll let you know how I do. I hope to get a few things. We'll see if I'm lucky.
7/9/03 6/8/04 10/4/08 5/2/10 8/27/10 10/18--10/23/10(T5) 8/10/11 8/12/11

e_wind

Eddie Vedder Eddie Vedder Eddie Vedder please someone hook a brotha up there are none that I know of in Louisville
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

robb

how are these things popping up on ebay already?
some get stoned, some get strange, sooner or later it all gets real.

Im The Dude

Quote from: ManNamedTruth on Apr 20, 2012, 02:44 PM

My trip for RSD was well worth the wait. I went to Attic Records at 10pm lastnight and waited for 2 hours for them to open. I was 10th in line and most of the people in front of me were looking for the Phish release. There were people lined up around the block by the time they opened. I got in and found:

Uncle Tupelo - the seven inch singles ltd.#1593 (only 6 copies there)
Bruce Springsteen - Rocky Ground (they had probably 20 copies there)
New Multitudes 10 inch EP (probably 8 copies there)
M. Ward - Primitive Girl (there was only one copy of this and I got it. I really wanted the Eddie Vedder 45 but they didn't have it. Mostly every 45 was in the same bid I was looking at first. Which was nice.)
Leonard Cohen - Live in Frederiction EP (it was $10 and I always liked this stuff but never got any on vinyl)

After that I checked out which took half an hour. There was a ton of people there. Great turn out and I got all that I wanted. Good luck to everyone today!

e_wind

I knew I shouldnt have gone out last night. I'm just now making it out to my store

Dillsnufus

listening to heady fwends now. the jim james track is no big deal. like his voice is unnoticeable. it might be the backing vocals actually.

my pick up:
new multitudes
el camino
heady fwends
eddie vedder 7"
MC5 7"

thats it
I'll post my pics of my copy of heady fwends later. i'm interested to see what everyones look like.
1000th post :birthdays:
Gazziza My Dillsnufus

Im The Dude

Quote from: Dillsnufus on Apr 21, 2012, 12:07 PM
listening to heady fwends now. the jim james track is no big deal. like his voice is unnoticeable. it might be the backing vocals actually.

my pick up:
new multitudes
el camino
heady fwends
eddie vedder 7"
MC5 7"

thats it
I'll post my pics of my copy of heady fwends later. i'm interested to see what everyones look like.
1000th post :birthdays:

How many copies did you see of the Vedder  45?

Dillsnufus

originally they didn't even put it out! the newbury comics i went to (faneuil hall) did a poor job managing RSD this year. so they were a couple i guess.

ps listening to the new multitudes release. the empty bed blues demo is hauntingly good.
Gazziza My Dillsnufus

e_wind

I made it out so late all I ends up getting were The Flaming Lips Heady Fwends and The Flaming Lips/Mastadon Split. I also got non-RSD releases though. The Alamaba Shakes LP and a Pearl Jam/REM split 7" and a PJ Alive 7"

robb

did anybody run across an extra copy of the gary clark jr release?
some get stoned, some get strange, sooner or later it all gets real.

Ruckus

Mississippi John Hurt
Arbouretum/Hush Arbors
Blunderbuss
Junta Pollock
Herb Alpert's Greatest Hits of Greatest Hits
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

Dillsnufus

Quote from: Ruckus on Apr 21, 2012, 03:04 PM
Mississippi John Hurt
Arbouretum/Hush Arbors
Blunderbuss
Junta Pollock

blunderbuss??? was it an exclusive rsd version?
Gazziza My Dillsnufus

deathstick

All I got was the James Brown and the MC5 singles. The store I hit didn't have anything else I was looking for (GG Allin and The Bronx split). My friend at Amoeba in LA said they didn't even get the Wilco box there. Funny enough his dad was one of the first in line at the store I went to and he got the only one they had there. Starting to think this is turning into a cash grab unfortunately, with the pressings so low and the demand so high for some of this stuff.

Ruckus

Quote from: Dillsnufus on Apr 21, 2012, 03:44 PM
Quote from: Ruckus on Apr 21, 2012, 03:04 PM
Mississippi John Hurt
Arbouretum/Hush Arbors
Blunderbuss
Junta Pollock

blunderbuss??? was it an exclusive rsd version?

no no..sorry.  just the black vinyl.  just picked it up with the other stuff.

Dude ganked the Shabazz Palaces from under my nose and the Jeff the Brotherhood went right away.  Just glad (though I wasn't worried about it) that I snagged a Mississippi John Hurt, which I am currently spinning 8)
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

headhunter

Jackpot today.

I got to my store Looney Tunes about an hour before they opened and there were still about 60 people on line ahead of me.  Over 200 on line by the time they opened!

Vinyl is back!  Big Time.

My score:

New Multitudes
Flaming Lips and Heady Fwends
Genesis - Stop the Pigeon blue vinyl
Pete Townsend - quadrophenia Demos 2
Jeff the Brotherhood - Upstais at United
Gary Clarke Jr - hwul raw cuts
Grace Potter
Of Monsters and Men
Uncle Tupalo
Sprinsteen

And a bunch of 45s from

Eddie Vedder
Richard Thompson
Justin Townes Earle
Civil Wars
Ryan Adams
Flaming lips
Horrible Crowes
Patterson Hood

Some cool free goodies too including Willie Nelson ep of Just Breathe and a 45 of With God on our Side from the Dylan Amnesty benefit album

Also picked up 1 cd by Tedeshi-Trucks.

Hope it rains tomorrow.  I need some indoor time!

was some shakin' and some record playin'

Dillsnufus

i was kinda bummed not getting the wilco box but it was too expensive for my taste. was there anything special about it? is it the same one people got on their site?
Gazziza My Dillsnufus

headhunter

The Gary Clarke record is incredible!
was some shakin' and some record playin'

Dillsnufus

you should check out the new multitudes one too.  :thumbsup: great stuff
Gazziza My Dillsnufus

ManNamedTruth

I didn't make it to Attic Records today but found most of what I was looking for at The Exchange. I got there at 12:30 today and was surprised to see the Junta Pollock edition. Right after I snagged it up they called someone back to let them know it was sold and a lady came in looking for it for her daughter. She had been to several record stores looking for it and tried buying it from me. I had to wait til they opened some more boxes up to find Headdy Fwends. The Stripes/Jack White 45's aren't RSD releases. They didn't have the Stipes swirled vinyl I was looking for. I'm going to keep Junta sealed up and will consider selling.

That's motherfuckin' John Oates!