Main Menu

OBH walk out

Started by MSchroeder, Mar 04, 2012, 08:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MSchroeder

So I was having dinner with my cousin who is in town for spring training - he is a starting pitcher in the Toronto Blue Jays organization.  Anyways he is fast tracked to make the big leagues by the end of this year or sometime next season.  Point of the story, he says "man I need a good walk out song when I come to the mound.". OBH was the first thing that came to mind.  I throw it on in the truck after dinner and he lost it.  So needless to say he will be using that each game he pitches.  Pretty cool.  I'm hoping if he makes the big leagues he sticks with it.

tdb810

WOW! So cool, and good luck to your cousin! Keep us posted!
.....Back at the Model Home

Ruckus

Good stuff and good luck to him.  O's fan here so I think he should have chosen Librarian instead.
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

GO4IT

Quote from: Ruckus on Mar 04, 2012, 09:29 AM
Good stuff and good luck to him.  O's fan here so I think he should have chosen Librarian instead.
My condolences on being an O's fan. Angelos has ruined the team.

On the bright side, I was at an O's-Yanks game last year and they surprised the heck out of me by playing Black Metal during a break to change pitchers.  Of course I jump up and go nuts while surrounded by 40,000 clueless people.

MSchroeder

His name is drew Hutchison if any of you baseball folks want to follow him.

johnnYYac

;D

Walk across the infield
T'wards the pitcher's mound
I can hear the organ playin'
Its such a pleasant sound

Ramble from the bullpen
To the hall of fame
Since they test for steroids
Things have never been the same...
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

Ruckus

Quote from: johnnYYac on Mar 04, 2012, 05:17 PM

;D

Walk across the infield

Ramble from the bullpen
To the hall of fame
Well played!  Yeah even Sawks fans deserve credit some times

oistheone

Dude, your cousin is Drew Hutchison?!? That's so effin' cool. I've been a Toronto resident and Jays fan my entire life, and Anthopolous has been raving about Drew for the last few months. Fingers crossed he makes the cut right off of spring training. Even if he doesn't, it seems like he'll be up sooner rather than later.

The fact that he is going to use MMJ as a walkout tune just made him my favorite Jays pitcher. Best of luck to him, I'll be pulling for him all season!

Jackets N Pones

Quote from: johnnYYac on Mar 04, 2012, 05:17 PM

;D

Walk across the infield

Ramble from the bullpen
To the hall of fame

Hahaha nice!

...When the Astros traded Berkman, they had no...idea
Here it is, in its entirety, our cover of ELO's Telephone Wire

sweatboard

I'm a huge cards fan and I always thought Matt Holliday should use it as his song as he steps up to the plate. 
There's Still Time.........

blucas

Quote from: GO4IT on Mar 04, 2012, 11:09 AM

On the bright side, I was at an O's-Yanks game last year and they surprised the heck out of me by playing Black Metal during a break to change pitchers.  Of course I jump up and go nuts while surrounded by 40,000 clueless people.

Another beleaguered O's fan here, all the way back from the Memorial Stadium days.  Angelos definitely was a kiss of death.  Probably the worst owner in all major sports.  What a shame...
soft and warm all the time make you want it over and over

Ruckus

Quote from: blucas on Mar 04, 2012, 10:57 PM
Quote from: GO4IT on Mar 04, 2012, 11:09 AM

Another beleaguered O's fan here, all the way back from the Memorial Stadium days.  Angelos definitely was a kiss of death.  Probably the worst owner in all major sports.  What a shame...
Ha!  I don't mean to hijack this thread but should add that I must enjoy the pain.  I chose to become an O's fan around 6 years ago, abandoning my former AL love, the Yanks.  Yes I used to live in NY until 96 and now reside in the Oriole country.  I really do feel for the die hards that have followed them through this awful decade and a half.

BUT it's spring and I have hope ;D

MSchroeder

Quote from: oistheone on Mar 04, 2012, 08:13 PM
Dude, your cousin is Drew Hutchison?!? That's so effin' cool. I've been a Toronto resident and Jays fan my entire life, and Anthopolous has been raving about Drew for the last few months. Fingers crossed he makes the cut right off of spring training. Even if he doesn't, it seems like he'll be up sooner rather than later.

The fact that he is going to use MMJ as a walkout tune just made him my favorite Jays pitcher. Best of luck to him, I'll be pulling for him all season!

yep.  sure is.  he's a great kid.  real solid head on his shoulders.  he thinks he will probably start at double A after spring training even though he is with the big leaguers for spring training.  he thinks he might make it up to the bigs by mid summer depending on how the team is doing.  glad you've heard of him.  i haven't followed what people say about him; i prefer to just listen to what he has to say because he is pretty humble. 

MSchroeder

he liked Black Metal too, but OBH was too perfect.

ms. yvon

AWE.SOME.  i'm a national league follower, but will tune in to a toronto game or two to see if i can see your pal taking the field.

(baseball!!)
"i don't mean to brag, i don't mean to boast, but we like hot butter on our breakfast toast."

oistheone

Damn, Hutchison is soarin' through the ranks! Made the jump to the show from AA, and is starting tonight against the Royals. I'll be pulling for him not only as a Jays fan, but as an MMJ fan as well. Congratulations and best of luck to your cousin!