Main Menu

Deluna Fest 2012

Started by Jon T., Mar 05, 2012, 10:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jon T.

Early bird tix for this are $99.95 and are apparently almost sold out.  I doubt that anyone that is not local will be interested in this yet, based on past lineups.  However, they brought on a new promoter, former Foos tour manager Gus Brandt, who has many, many connections to the music business.  This festival is shaping up to be huge.  And based on the bands I've heard, I wouldn't be surprised to see the boys on the lineup.

http://www.delunafest.com/

e_wind

I'm definitely interested, though last years line up was pretty bad...
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

TheThird

What are some rumors?
[url="http://www.discogs.com/user/TheThird/collection"]http://www.discogs.com/user/TheThird/collection[/url]

Fully

Please keep us posted. I'd be plenty thrilled to see PJ at the beach!

Jon T.

You're telling me!  They played here once in 96 94 as a fundraiser for an abortion doctor that was murdered.  I had kind of resigned myself to the fact that would be the only time I will have seen them.  Really, really hoping that changes!

Fully

Quote from: Jon T. on Mar 09, 2012, 04:32 PM
You're telling me!  They played here once in 96 as a fundraiser for an abortion doctor that was murdered.  I had kind of resigned myself to the fact that would be the only time I will have seen them.  Really, really hoping that changes!

I saw them in Columbia, SC several years ago. I'd be happy with them closer to Tennessee, but the beach would be pretty badass.

e_wind

So do we think that pearl jam will be touring? If not I'm buying tickets

e_wind

Multiple sources say PJ, Foo, Zach BB, and Blink182

A local pensacola radio station supposedly confirmed Pearl Jam and Dave Mathews. I don't believe it

Jon T.

I don't think DMB is credible.  They are playing Hangout Fest, which is less than
50 miles away. And there are already three headliners with ZBB, FF & PJ.

wpgmmj

I dont think the Pearl Jam rumor is credible either. One, usually forum mods post a "tweet" before things are being announced, but if its only for this one festival they may not not. Two, PJ fans usually hear about this stuff well before it gets announced. And thee, I have a feeling it could be Soundgarden not PJ. People have heard rumors about "pj' playing certain fests the last few years and it has always turned out to be soundgarden. I guess ppl hear that its PJ management in discussions and not realize they handle Soundgarden now as well.

APR

We'll find out soon enough.... neither PJ or Soundgarden has shows booked in the fall (nor Vedder solo, Cornell solo, or various band members' others projects have shows around then).  There is a rumor that Pearl Jam will be playing Alpine Valley again around Labor Day. So if they're in the Midwest early in the month, no reason they couldn't make it to Florida.  I don't think they would go two full years without doing at least a small US tour.  Maybe that's wishful thinking though since Stone said the album won't be out until next year.

darkglow

holy smokes.. not bad.. not bad

Fully

I think I would go to that. I could get a condo, take the kids and a babysitter for night time. I always like to see Pearl Jam. Has the Pensacola Beach sand improved? Orange Beach isn't too far away, but it would be nice to be right there.

Jon T.

I couldn't be happier with this lineup.  Seeing Pearl Jam on the beach is worth the $100 alone, everything else is gravy.

What do you mean improved, Fully?  From the spill?

joe v

I see the Wallflowers are playing there also. Maybe Jack Irons appears back on the stage with PJ :thumbsup:
My Perfect Day = Snowboarding on a powder day in the trees & listening to my favorite music.

e_wind

Can't really justify this unless its PJs only US show this year

Ruckus

There's some nice little nugs in there.  Jazzy Jeff, Fishbone, anders Osborn, Bonerama, Wood Brothers, etc. 
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

Fully

Quote from: Jon T. on Apr 17, 2012, 09:03 AM
I couldn't be happier with this lineup.  Seeing Pearl Jam on the beach is worth the $100 alone, everything else is gravy.

No, the last time I went to the beach there - and I was a child then - I remember it being very pebble filled to the point where it hurt my feet to walk on it. I hope they've brought in new sand so that it is as nice as the Orange Beach area. As far as spending the money mostly to see PJ, I am fine with that too. I wasted seventy dollars to see Drake. Pearl Jam and a trip to the beach would be a great way to spend a September weekend.

Jon T.

Quote from: Fully on Apr 17, 2012, 10:11 AM

No, the last time I went to the beach there - and I was a child then - I remember it being very pebble filled to the point where it hurt my feet to walk on it. I hope they've brought in new sand so that it is as nice as the Orange Beach area. As far as spending the money mostly to see PJ, I am fine with that too. I wasted seventy dollars to see Drake. Pearl Jam and a trip to the beach would be a great way to spend a September weekend.

I have never heard that before.  We have the same white quartz sand - fed in from the Gulf of Mexico that Orange Beach/Gulf Shores does.  Were you maybe on the Sound side instead of the Gulf side?  Regardless, it's not like that now. 

Fully

Quote from: Jon T. on Apr 17, 2012, 11:14 AM
Quote from: Fully on Apr 17, 2012, 10:11 AM

I have never heard that before.  We have the same white quartz sand - fed in from the Gulf of Mexico that Orange Beach/Gulf Shores does.  Were you maybe on the Sound side instead of the Gulf side?  Regardless, it's not like that now.

That's good to  know.