Main Menu

The Wire

Started by Penny Lane, Mar 05, 2012, 03:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ruckus

Yeah I'm not the biggest Stringer guy myself Sticky.  Hey look!  He's learning about supply and demand and product elasticity.  Woopity Doo!
It was a mistake to pit Bubs as a 7 seed against Clay Davis at a 2 seed.  I voted for Clay but I knew Bubs would pull the upset.

Also bummed to see Herc go.  Love that guy.

And Penny?!  Ziggy's cousin is hot?  If he is so is Ms. Daniels
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

Penny Lane

Quote from: Ruckus on Mar 07, 2012, 10:34 AM

Herc is a loveable Neanderthal..

oh and...

Hottest dock worker I've seen!

..and Hottest Wire body winner: DANIELS

but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

el_chode

Based on my experience over the past year: even if the street life is somewhat glamorized in the show, the interplay between police, prosecutors, judges, and witness/defendants/victims is scary accurate.
I'm surrounded by assholes

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

Yeah I'm not the biggest Stringer guy myself Sticky.  Hey look!  He's learning about supply and demand and product elasticity.  Woopity Doo!
It was a mistake to pit Bubs as a 7 seed against Clay Davis at a 2 seed.  I voted for Clay but I knew Bubs would pull the upset.

thank you ruckus, I'm glad someone here isn't insane.

the best characters:

1.) Omar
2.) Bodie
3.) Bunk
4.) Avon
5.) Bubbles

Penny Lane

Quote from: Sticky Icky Green Stuff on Mar 07, 2012, 07:44 PM

the best characters:

1.) Omar
2.) Bodie
3.) Bunk
4.) Avon
5.) Bubbles

I'm not insane. I loved Stringer, so are you saying killing D'Angelo was wrong?

Sticky--the more I think about it, Brodie was an awesome character...I'm glad he made it out (sorta)..I have three more eps, though..

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

Quote from: Penny Lane on Mar 07, 2012, 10:22 PM

the best characters:

1.) Omar
2.) Bodie
3.) Bunk
4.) Avon
5.) Bubbles

Sticky--the more I think about it, Brodie was an awesome character...I'm glad he made it out (sorta)..I have three more eps, though..

D'Angelo's death was sad.  he shouldn't have narc'd them out.

Ruckus

Probably the weakest track on a great album.  Still....

Blacastan - The Wire
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

Penny Lane

D'Angelo's death was justified but still sad. Stringer was doing what he had to do, what he knew Avon wouldn't do. Doesn't that count for anything? (sure he was boning his woman but...she was kind of a wh*re?)

this is cool:

http://www.grantland.com/blog/hollywood-prospectus/post/_/id/45133/youtube-hof-the-wire

mjk73

Quote from: Penny Lane on Mar 08, 2012, 09:09 AM
D'Angelo's death was justified but still sad. Stringer was doing what he had to do, what he knew Avon wouldn't do. Doesn't that count for anything? (sure he was boning his woman but...she was kind of a wh*re?)

this is cool:

http://www.grantland.com/blog/hollywood-prospectus/post/_/id/45133/youtube-hof-the-wire
bizness if fucking bizness. Never mess with money.

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

Quote from: Penny Lane on Mar 08, 2012, 09:09 AM

this is cool:

fuck no.  stringer straight up stepped out of line.  there's certain etiquette to being a thug.  Avon is a west side pimp straight up.   nothing to fuck with.  you don't go behind Avon's back and fuck with shit.  period. 

d'angelo, like every other character who gets offed in the show, died for narc'ing.  the rule of the wire is to never narc a nigga out.   unless you're going to be a bad ass like Omar you better check yourself before you wreck yourself.   

stringer deserves to be murdered just as much as d'angelo.  he was trying to run shit himself behind avons back.  total bullshit.

CTdeadhead

Funny how after I watched this series I realized that McNulty and Stringer Bell are English actors with a fake American accent....damn thats great acting. 

capt. scotty

Quote from: Penny Lane on Mar 07, 2012, 10:22 PM

the best characters:

1.) Omar
2.) Bodie
3.) Bunk
4.) Avon
5.) Bubbles

Talk about premature claim to making it out the streets  :D

Im only 7 episodes into season 1 but im sooo glad Wallace is getting off the corner alive

;)

The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

capt. scotty

the best characters:

1.) Omar
2.) Bodie
3.) Bunk
4.) Avon
5.) Bubbles

Stringer was the man, but I like your list. Just saw the movie Takers a week or so ago (pretty good movie bogged down by TI and Chris Brown but at least he doesnt punch any wimmens), and Idris Elba was like Stringer re-incarnate except for using his real accent. Also saw another movie starring him like a month ago called Legacy where he has a psychotic breakdown in a hotel room that was good.

Hardest show ever to rank characters because of how many great ones there were, but

1) Omar
2) McNulty (probably the most underrated somehow)
3) Bodie (only character I at first hated and came to love)
4) Stringer
5) Marlo
6) Bunk
7) Lester
8) Avon
9) Michael
10) Slim Charles
11) Bubbs
12) Carver
13) Snoop & Partlow (gotta be a duo)
14) Wee-Bey
15) Prop Joe
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

capt. scotty

Oh yeah, I popped in here to bump this thread because I found out yesterday that Omar (Michael K. Williams) is going to be playing Ol' Dirty Bastard in an ODB biopic movie. Talk about a match made in heaven. Omar is gonna make Big Baby Jesus shine on the big screen  :bath:

I never wouldve thought ODB would get the Biggie, Johnny Cash, Ray Charles, etc treatment but Id by lying if I didnt say Im anticipating this about as much as Dark Knight Rises, hah.