Waful + 1 / Eric Mayers

Started by br00ke, Mar 06, 2012, 10:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

br00ke

Jeff Waful (lighting director for Umphrey's McGee) "shadow's MMJ's tour and production manager, Eric Mayers, from early in the morning until after the band has triumphantly left the stage, Waful gives us an insider look at what goes into putting on a rock show on such a huge scale. Check out the trailer..."  :)

johnnYYac

Thanks, br00ke!  Nice find.  I look forward to the whole episode (March 28th?). 

I note in the little blurb they describe the Dec. 14th MSG show as "sold out", which I hadn't heard confirmed anywhere.  What does that mean in terms of actual numbers, roughly? 
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

br00ke

concert capacity is about 20k but i'm not sure if that number is before or after the renovation (and if renovation changed that number).

i was really proud out the turnout for that show (compared to 2008). also, a local music group i'm part of, which can be a very critical group, everyone had really great things to say about the show :thumbsup:

mahg33ta

Thanks for the link Br00ke- really looking forward to that!

I think the 20k is full arena capacity; when they section off behind the stage it has to be considerably less...

bluesky

great find Br00ke! Can't wait to see more...

johnnYYac

Once this trailer whets your appetite, head over to Roll Call for part 2 of the Q & A video with Eric Mayers.  I'm assuming part 1 is up for those who missed it.

SaraBananaBear

Ooooooh! I like, thanks for sharing!  :D
Europe ♥ My Morning Jacket

BigHerm

Nice find. Looking forward to this.

tdb810

.....Back at the Model Home

br00ke

br00ke

just watched it and  ;D ;D ... around the 0:50 mark, the shot pans the crowd/front row and there's jeff, me, valerie (or penny? i need to watch it again) and a mess of others i'm sure i didn't catch. great job to waful as well as my friend regan that helped produce and all the other folks on this project !!

the crazy things i have to do with my job producing photo shoots with last minute requests like "can you get us a monkey" and such .. it's so neat to see managing/coordinating for something on a much much grander scale. bravo to eric and the entire team :thumbsup:

NSLrecordings

Watched this earlier today, excellent mini documentary.  Very interesting to watch how he handles everything going on before a show. 
[url="//www.facebook.com/nslmedia"]www.facebook.com/nslmedia[/url] / [url="//www.nslmedia.net"]www.nslmedia.net[/url]

Fully

It was nice seeing so many of our forum members in the photos. Very interesting documentary

smhoffmann02

Truly enjoyed this.  I especially like the behind the scenes stuff when you can see the boys candidly - smiling and just being themselves.  Erik Mayers is amazing - all the shit he has to deal with it and he gets it done.  I'm thinking he could use another assistant.  I am available...
Give me a butt load of reverb on this one - just pile it on.

bluesky

The mystery is solved, Jim's clothes are dry cleaned!  ::) Thanks for posting Br00ke!

Fully

Quote from: bluesky on Mar 29, 2012, 01:41 AM
The mystery is solved, Jim's clothes are dry cleaned!  ::) Thanks for posting Br00ke!

bluesky, you are a wonderful woman. I think we are all relieved to see this - well, the women are. I doubt the men give a shit. Now if we could just explain that freakin' shirt with the torn elbow...

br00ke

Quote from: Fully on Mar 29, 2012, 07:17 AM

bluesky, you are a wonderful woman. I think we are all relieved to see this - well, the women are. I doubt the men give a shit. Now if we could just explain that freakin' shirt with the torn elbow...

and don't forget the pants with holes. the man likes his outfits the way they are so let him have 'em .. plus, we now know they are dry-cleaned for each show (they gotta be, can you imagine how much he must sweat throughout an entire show .. that's hardworking stuff up on there on stage!!)

bluesky

Quote from: br00ke on Mar 29, 2012, 10:25 AM
Quote from: Fully on Mar 29, 2012, 07:17 AM

and don't forget the pants with holes. the man likes his outfits the way they are so let him have 'em .. plus, we now know they are dry-cleaned for each show (they gotta be, can you imagine how much he must sweat throughout an entire show .. that's hardworking stuff up on there on stage!!)

Fully did you see Jim wore the torn elbow shirt back stage at MSG. I believe he was hoping to run into you  ;)

mahg33ta

"It's an older demographic
We're REALLY doing our best to get the younger crowd"

OUCH!!!!!!

johnnYYac

Quote from: mahg33ta on Apr 01, 2012, 01:17 PM
"It's an older demographic
We're REALLY doing our best to get the younger crowd"

OUCH!!!!!!
Yeah, I was gonna say something but...  :-\