Brad - Stone Gossard

Started by APR, Mar 07, 2012, 09:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

APR

Stone Gossard's other band, Brad, is coming out with a new album.  Here is a link to their video........ cool song and I think everyone on here will appreciate Stone's shirt!

http://www.rollingstone.com/videos/new-and-hot/brad-diamond-blues-20120306

lucylew

Love Brad - though their first album is still my favorite.  Stoney's shirt is pretty awesome!

dragonboy

I used to play the heck out of Shame & loved all things Shawn Smith/Brad/Satchel/Pigeonhead...

Satchel - Suffering
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

buaawwww

I destroyed my copies of Brad's "Shame" and Satchel's "EDC" so badly in college I had to replace both.  Those 2 albums are perfect from start to finish.
I saw Brad a few years ago at the Highline Ballroom in NYC.  He actually had Andy Wood's brother in the band and they played 3 Malfunkshun songs (which happened to be my 3 favorite Malfunkshun songs), so that just added to the greatness of that night.  I was front row center and screamed at Stone Gossard to give me his guitar pick at the end of the night.  He gave it to me, and the fact that the pick said Pearl Jam on it just made me happier.  I use that pick to this day with my own guitars.
Great night.  Very underrated band.  Check out Shawn Smith's solo stuff too.

APR

Cool that Stone gave you the pick.  I'm partial to Interiors as that is the first of their albums that I got .  I went back and got Shame and Satchel's EDC because I wanted to hear more Shawn Smith (Suffering is a stand out for sure!  Good call Dragonboy). 

buaawwww

Was a great moment for me.  My friend was given the setlist for that evening.
Interiors is a really good album too.  Frankly the albums after Interiors to me never measured up to the first 2.  Hoping this new one does!

dragonboy

God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

dragonboy