The Great GoogaMooga Festival

Started by Fully, Mar 08, 2012, 11:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fully

SuperFly who does bonnaroo is doing this. So far they haven't announced who is playing. It looks like a haven for foodies though. Here's what Hidden Track is saying about it:

ast week we reported on a new festival from the co-creators of Bonnaroo, Superfly Presents, called The Great GoogaMooga that was billed as "an amusement park of food and drink." Today, Superfly held a press conference where they revealed more details about the event, which is set to take place in Brooklyn's Prospect Park on May 19 and 20.
The Great GoogaMooga will host approximately 75 food vendors, 35 brewers, 30 winemakers and 20 live music performances. You'll be able to attend the fest for free, but you will have to register beforehand to obtain a ticket. All concessions will be indiviually priced, though you can purchase a Extra Mooga pass for an all-inclusive experience. GA tickets and Extra Mooga passes will be available starting next Thursday, March 15, at Noon ET through the event's website.
Superfly has enlisted a slew of foodie superstars such as Anthony Bourdain, David Rockwell and Marcus Samuelsson to create the fest's look, feel and tastes. Tom Colicchio's Colicchio & Sons, April Bloomfield and Ken Friedman's The Spotted Pig, Roberta's, Christina Tosi's Momofuku Milk Bar, Daniel Boulud's DBGB Kitchen & Bar, M.Wells, Do or Dine, Frankies 457 Spuntino, Russ & Daughters and the Big Gay Ice Cream Shop are among the vendors who will participate. The musical acts have yet to be announced, though Superfly has revealed LCD Soundsystem's James Murphy will spin a DJ set and comedian Aziz Ansari will perform.
Here's a full list of the Googa Mooga "menu"...

BaoHaus
Big Gay Ice Cream Shop
Blue Ribbon
Brindle Room
Char No. 4
Co.
Cookin' With Coolio
Colicchio & Sons
DBGB Kitchen & Bar
Dirty Bird
Do or Dine
Frankies 457 Spuntino
Hill Country Barbecue Market
Joseph Leonard
The Lobster Place
Luke's Lobster
M. Wells
The Meat Hook
Mile End
Minetta Tavern
Momofuku Milk Bar
Porchetta
Red Rooster
Roberta's
Russ & Daughters
Simply Chicken by Jean-Georges
The Spotted Pig
Sullivan Street Bakery
Third Rail Coffee Shop
Tía Pol
Vinegar Hill House
Beer List:
Selected by Garrett Oliver of Brooklyn Brewery
Wine List:
Selected by Peter Eastlake, Superfly's Director of Wine Programming,
and Paul Grieco of Terrior, Terrior TriBeCa, Hearth and The Summer of Riesling Tour
(lists to be announced in the coming weeks)

bluesky

thanks for sharing Fully, very cool. I skimmed what it was about at first and thought it was something to do with bonnaroo and then thought why are all these Brooklyn restaurants going to be there. haha...Prospect Park is great! Funny enough I will be back there over that weekend! Br00ke? Penny? (though your not a foodie)...

subinai

literally a 5 minute walk from my apartment. definitely going to this.

subinai

ALady

Quote from: bluesky on Mar 08, 2012, 11:53 AM
thanks for sharing Fully, very cool. I skimmed what it was about at first and thought it was something to do with bonnaroo and then thought why are all these Brooklyn restaurants going to be there. haha...Prospect Park is great! Funny enough I will be back there over that weekend! Br00ke? Penny? (though your not a foodie)...

Val, you're gonna be in town?  I was considering it, you being there would make me a lot more likely!  Can't believe Frankies is one of the food vendors, love it!  :)

Naomi Shelton and the Gospel Queens are going to be there too, I've heard Galactic as well.  Not bad for free...
if it falls apart or makes us millionaires

bluesky

Quote from: ALady on Apr 17, 2012, 09:10 PM
Quote from: bluesky on Mar 08, 2012, 11:53 AM

Val, you're gonna be in town?  I was considering it, you being there would make me a lot more likely!  Can't believe Frankies is one of the food vendors, love it!  :)

Naomi Shelton and the Gospel Queens are going to be there too, I've heard Galactic as well.  Not bad for free...

Yes I will!!! Not sure if there are tickets still available...will need to look....  :) would love love love to see you either way!

bluesky

Maggie i just looked at the site. they haven't announced the music yet and i am too tired to figure out the ticketing right now...we should talk

FiddleCastro

They're releasing tickets on Tuesday, I believe. Definitely gonna hit this!
I NEEDED IT MOST WHENEVER tbh

subinai

i think the music is announced on the 23rd

br00ke

i tried to get tix to this the day they started registration .. talk about a shit show. i did not get tix nor did any of my BK friends. if you want to attend i'd put your nose to the grindstone on hunting up a ticket (sign up to the email list so you can get info on when more tix are released / follow googamooga on twitter, etc..). i finally got a ticket this week from a friend that scored their original ticket from being on the wait list. this week they got an email saying We thought to ourselves, who wants to go to this event alone? We know you don't. .. and it was a link to register for another ticket.

Penny Lane

I'll be around this weekend! Thought about going to Lucinda W/DBT at Merriweather on that Sat but if bluesky and Alady are in town, I'll stick around and go to this.

I'm not a foodie but I can def eat!  ;)
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

ALady

Yeah, I'm curious about the ticketing as well.  Supposed to be some more of the freebies going up next week I think?  I will keep an eye on it.

The other thing that's weird is the tickets seem to be for only one day or the other, not the whole weekend.  Do you know which day yours are, Brooke?

Hope this works out, would love to see y'all   :)

Penny Lane

Quote from: ALady on Apr 18, 2012, 01:13 PM
Yeah, I'm curious about the ticketing as well.  Supposed to be some more of the freebies going up next week I think?  I will keep an eye on it.

The other thing that's weird is the tickets seem to be for only one day or the other, not the whole weekend.  Do you know which day yours are, Brooke?

Hope this works out, would love to see y'all   :)

if you're here on that Friday--i'll be seeing Mofro at Webster Hall  ;)

br00ke

my ticket is for saturday and i too will also keep my eyes peeled about more tickets being released!!

bluesky

so next Tuesday! I will need to wake early to hop on that east coast time release. So glad you are going on Saturday Br00ke! That's the day I am shooting for, I fly out Sunday. Can we try for a little reunion, maybe just meet up for some grub at the fest....Br00ke, Penny, Alady and Fiddle? Anyone else is free to join too, that is if we get tickets. Maggie, I am not sure where I am staying yet but let's talk, I might be able to be of some assistance.

Penny Lane

Quote from: bluesky on Apr 19, 2012, 11:26 AM
so next Tuesday! I will need to wake early to hop on that east coast time release. So glad you are going on Saturday Br00ke! That's the day I am shooting for, I fly out Sunday. Can we try for a little reunion, maybe just meet up for some grub at the fest....Br00ke, Penny, Alady and Fiddle? Anyone else is free to join too, that is if we get tickets. Maggie, I am not sure where I am staying yet but let's talk, I might be able to be of some assistance.

Grab me a ticket if you can! I'm up for whatever and if you wanna come to Mofro on Fri, let me know.

ALady

Sounds good, you guys!  I *think* in the original ticket release you could get up to 3 (or 4?) plus-ones - so hopefully we can hook each other up?  I need to read the fine print...

Val, let's talk!  :)

May try to stay for Jack White Monday...we shall see.

br00ke

more tickets being released on Tuesday

the ticket i got is not a multi-person ticket. i don't know anyone that got one of those so i'm not sure how what the deal with that is.

ALady

Lineup's supposed to come out tomorrow.

subinai