Main Menu

My Nephew

Started by rincon, Mar 09, 2012, 04:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rincon

I met several posters here at the New Multitudes shows in LA. I told Ms. Yvon that my nephew resembles Jim. See if you folks agree. They are only a year apart in age.

e_wind

That picture is awesome, I don't care who he looks like
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

Fully

That dog is smiling. I like a smiling dog. :)

rincon

He lives in Korea. I hope he has no evil plans for that dog.  :-\

Fully

Quote from: rincon on Mar 09, 2012, 02:57 PM
He lives in Korea. I hope he has no evil plans for that dog.  :-\

Interesting. Korea looks a lot like Little House on the Prairie just based on that photo.

vespachick

Was there some barn wrastling going on just before this pic was taken?? ???
My jacket's gonna be cut slim and checked

Fully

Quote from: vespachick on Mar 09, 2012, 03:29 PM
Was there some barn wrastling going on just before this pic was taken?? ???

Excellent question. Also, does he always wear such tiny wife beaters? Inquiring minds want to know? ;D

rincon

The man is a mystery to all of his family. Spent a year in China bumming around. Then tried to help the Indians in southern Mexico from getting killed by the government. Mooched off his grandmother for a while before he burned that bridge. Moved to Korea in about 2004, and has assimilated. He is very active in protesting anything military in S. Korea. I don't think he can handle the U.S. He barely communicates with my sister, his mother. But he sure looks like J.J. in that pic, or maybe Seth Rogan.

Fully

This story gets more and more interesting by the post. It sounds like he has taken a very different path in life than many. Thanks for sharing with us.

rincon

He graduated from the University of Texas in 4 years, and has never had a real job. Very sharp dude, but as non-conformist/irresponsible a person I know, excluding professionally.

TheThird

Quote from: rincon on Mar 09, 2012, 04:50 PM
The man is a mystery to all of his family. Spent a year in China bumming around. Then tried to help the Indians in southern Mexico from getting killed by the government. Mooched off his grandmother for a while before he burned that bridge. Moved to Korea in about 2004, and has assimilated. He is very active in protesting anything military in S. Korea. I don't think he can handle the U.S. He barely communicates with my sister, his mother. But he sure looks like J.J. in that pic, or maybe Seth Rogan.

Sounds like this would make a heck of a book!
[url="http://www.discogs.com/user/TheThird/collection"]http://www.discogs.com/user/TheThird/collection[/url]

Fully

On the subject of interesting nephews, my friend has a nephew that took about three years off life and became a real hobo who rode trains. If I thought I could hop into a moving cattle car, I might just follow suit and do the same. The idea of dropping out for a few years isn't a horrible one. Or maybe I've got too many people and things I'm responsible for right now.

Ru-day

Hello Rincon,

I haven't had a chance to see the DVDS yet, but I cant wait to finally see them and have a mini-MMJ show in the comfort of my own living room. Thank you soooo much!  You were totally right about your nephew's resemblance to "the man". Loved reading his brief bio, he seems like an awesome individual. Thanks for sharing that with us.

It was a pleasure meeting you.   :)

-Rudy

rincon

Quote from: Ru-day on Mar 14, 2012, 12:35 PM
Hello Rincon,

I haven't had a chance to see the DVDS yet, but I cant wait to finally see them and have a mini-MMJ show in the comfort of my own living room. Thank you soooo much!  You were totally right about your nephew's resemblance to "the man". Loved reading his brief bio, he seems like an awesome individual. Thanks for sharing that with us.

It was a pleasure meeting you.   :)

-Rudy
I think I was mistaken is saying that dvd plays on a player. I only put it on a dvd because it was over 800 MB. I know it plays on a computer, but I think that is all.
As for my nephew there is little romanticism of his escapades in our family. It is generally viewed as irresponsible selfish pattern of behaviors, even though he seems to be trying to save the world. He had 2 years to make arrangements for his sisters wedding in Seattle a few years ago. He never made it, ruining probably the only chance that all 8 cousins from our side of the family would be together. Most of his cousins write him off as a nut or a punchline, and he is the eldest of all of them. He never even really addressed the wedding with us.
I was nice meeting the both of you also. Too bad you live so far, would be nice to have a beer and watch that with you. I finally watched the Sharon Jones video, now that I know you. I would have been terrified.I am way too white to dance in front of 3,000 people with a female R&B singer. :o