Forum album club #2 Love - Forever Changes (after Pens game)

Started by ManNamedTruth, Mar 15, 2012, 01:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

woodnymph

Nice nice, I'll put it on soon as I can and give a little run-down / highlights!  Big thanks for puttin' me onto it again!!  Great stuff!  I love those pictures you posted earlier too, by the way!  Awesome get-ups  8)   Cool cats  :thumbsup:
Daylight is good at arriving in the night time

ManNamedTruth

Yeah, for some reason Arthur found it appropriate too be chillin' in his swimming trunks while the rest of the band was fully dressed. Love that billboard pic, I want a poster version. Too bad the album didn't sell well despite the billboard. Need to get this album on vinyl someday!
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

ManNamedTruth

It's great to see that Love was kind of rediscovered, and that Arthur Lee was able to put on what appear to be some amazing performances in the years leading to his passing on.

Arthur Lee Love Maybe The People Would Be The Times Or Between Clark and Hilldale

ManNamedTruth

Here's another video of Alone Again Or with better audio quality than the first video I posted, but I do enjoy the energy, sunlight, huge festival crowd, and that smile on the blonde violinists face of the first video. This video has two songs so I'll repost.

Arthur Lee and Love - Forever Changes Concert (Alone Again Or & A House is Not a Motel)

ralph

I adore Forever Changes. Top 10 all time record for me. Stunning...

Seeing Arthur Lee perform in 2003 is one of the greatest live musical experiences I have witnessed. Never expected to see him. He was amazing and his voice was beyond WOW that night.

"oh the snot has caked against my pants, it has turned into crystal".
At my house, we call them uh-ohs.

wolof7

Sorry late to the club again this week

....Just diving into the album now....greeted by a warm familiar sound from Bottle Rocket...never knew Alone Again Or was a Love song but it's quite interesting. I think vocals are great on this track....it's a perfect song for Calexico

....A House is not a Motel....reminds me of that classic rock n roll transitional sound into psychadelia....there's some Yardbirds and the Animals in there. Quite ahead of its time too.....I love that clean solo tone which was reminiscent of the sound at that time, really lays bare some good guitar -slinging without too many bells and whistles.....

....more to come

Oh, I will dine on honey dew And drink the Milk of Paradiseeeee

ManNamedTruth

Quote from: wolof7 on Mar 16, 2012, 06:01 PM
Sorry late to the club again this week

....Just diving into the album now....greeted by a warm familiar sound from Bottle Rocket...never knew Alone Again Or was a Love song but it's quite interesting. I think vocals are great on this track....it's a perfect song for Calexico

....A House is not a Motel....reminds me of that classic rock n roll transitional sound into psychadelia....there's some Yardbirds and the Animals in there. Quite ahead of its time too.....I love that clean solo tone which was reminiscent of the sound at that time, really lays bare some good guitar -slinging without too many bells and whistles.....

....more to come

I know what you mean about the clean solo tones, Live and Let Live and A House is not a Motel both have that. The fact that most of the guitars are acoustic make the solos stand out that much more, witch I was getting at with my Live and Let live comment. Looking fowward to what else you have to say as well as what yoru selection for next week is.