Early contract on eBay shows MMJ paid $250 in 2002.

Started by johnnYYac, Mar 20, 2012, 04:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnnYYac

I'm fascinated by an early contract and assorted documents up on eBay, not to buy but just to peruse through. 

MMJ opened for Guided By Voices on June 27, 2002 in Minn, MN.  GBV got $8000.  MMJ got $250.  I had no idea what a band gets paid.  Of course, this has to be put in perspective, but interesting nonetheless.

click image to go to listing, where you can "zoom" on the images
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

GO4IT

That's a pretty cool find, jYac!

I would definitely plunk down $250 to have them play in my backyard.

johnnYYac

I'm guessing their pricetag is a bit higher now.  Hell, I wonder what the Independent Spirit Awards paid for the one song?  The boys are doing well these days.
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

Fully

How did you even find that, John? I'm so amazed by your sleuthing. That is interesting, $250. Hmmm. How many of us have spent way more than that on this band in this year alone? :thumbsup: :beer:

tdb810

And GBV?????? Zoinks!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EDIT:  nevermind....i just read it completely.  Need caffeine stat!
.....Back at the Model Home

poochismyhomeboy

Quote from: Fully on Mar 20, 2012, 11:13 PM
How did you even find that, John? I'm so amazed by your sleuthing. That is interesting, $250. Hmmm. How many of us have spent way more than that on this band in this year alone? :thumbsup: :beer:

indeed! I used to keep a running total of how much I spent on the boys, but I realized money is no object. . .

How do you come up with such wonderful, interesting things! It seems like a pretty solid amount, considering that ISM hadn't come out yet, right?
Forecastle '12 & NFF '12