TTF & At Dawn Demos

Started by shakermaker05, Mar 23, 2012, 09:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shakermaker05

Greetings mmj faithful!  I have been spending a gorgeous early spring evening with my house windows open, cranking some at dawn & acoustic citsuaoca sipping some Guinness and loving life! 

Thought I'd pay this site & forum a visit as its been a while.  I visited the store and noticed that there is a demo cd for ttf & ad!!  I know this is old news for most of you, but it's news to me!  I will prolly throw down some cash on a copy.  Before I do, whats the deal on it??  Limited pressing??  When was it released??  Was it by any chance offered on vinyl??   And oh yeah, how is it??! 

Cheers!
My Morning Jacket: 2003-Cleveland, OH
My Morning Jacket: 2005-Cleveland, OH

e_wind

Not offered on vinyl, originally there was an at dawn bonus disc with most if not all of those demos.

It's really awesome
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

shakermaker05

Oh nice!  Well I went to place an order at the bands store as I wanted to give them the support, but shipping was 10 bucks!???  Woudn't mind them making a buck or 2 off shipping but that much!?  C'mon!  :-(

I bought it off amazon brand new shipped to my house for 10 bucks.  Hated to do that, but unfortunately money doesn't grow on trees for me...  Keep it reasonable guys!

e_wind

Yeah the shipping from the band website is quite a complaint

shakermaker05

That's a quite a shame!  I'll let you know how I like it e wind!  Thanks for the replies  :-)

buymycar

Quote from: e_wind on Mar 23, 2012, 10:34 PM
Not offered on vinyl, originally there was an at dawn bonus disc with most if not all of those demos.

It's really awesome

Honest Man was the only demo on the At Dawn bonus disc not on the demo package.

shakermaker05

QuoteHonest Man was the only demo on the At Dawn bonus disc not on the demo package.

Ahhh, that sucks that's one of my favs.  I'm really impressed with the amount of material on the album though!  I cannot wait to get it!  At Dawn is one of my favorite albums ever.  The only track I know off of TTF is The Bear (I have Acoustic Citsuoca) so I think I'm gonna skip over those demos til I get the album and get to know the original versions a bit better. 

buymycar

Quote from: shakermaker05 on Mar 25, 2012, 12:26 PM
QuoteHonest Man was the only demo on the At Dawn bonus disc not on the demo package.

Ahhh, that sucks that's one of my favs.  I'm really impressed with the amount of material on the album though!  I cannot wait to get it!  At Dawn is one of my favorite albums ever.  The only track I know off of TTF is The Bear (I have Acoustic Citsuoca) so I think I'm gonna skip over those demos til I get the album and get to know the original versions a bit better.

The Honest Man demo is a tad different from the album version as it's only about half as long and it's Jim playing on his acoustic.  It really sounds quite awesome, and I keep repeating myself about this on the board, but it's absolutely criminal that they did not include this on the demo package.

wheelhousetunes

Quote from: buymycar on Mar 26, 2012, 02:13 AM

The Honest Man demo is a tad different from the album version as it's only about half as long and it's Jim playing on his acoustic.  It really sounds quite awesome, and I keep repeating myself about this on the board, but it's absolutely criminal that they did not include this on the demo package.

I really dig the version, too. Maybe they left it off so as to keep the limited At Dawn special!

wheelhousetunes

Dude, TTF is awesome. Probably my 2nd favorite next to At Dawn. Which means I'd give it about a 9.9 and At Dawn a 10. I envy you for your first listen of it.

shakermaker05

QuoteThe Honest Man demo is a tad different from the album version as it's only about half as long and it's Jim playing on his acoustic.  It really sounds quite awesome, and I keep repeating myself about this on the board, but it's absolutely criminal that they did not include this on the demo package.

It would be awesome to hear that song in a stripped down acoustic version!  May I ask where you have heard it if it's not on the demos cd??

QuoteDude, TTF is awesome. Probably my 2nd favorite next to At Dawn. Which means I'd give it about a 9.9 and At Dawn a 10. I envy you for your first listen of it.

I'm expecting good things out of it!  I've actually been trying to get the vinyl from my record store for a couple of months now.  They had to specially order it for me and it came in and someone accidently sold it to someone else or something like that. 

The owner has been trying to order me another copy ever since and now he can't get it.  Not sure what the issue is as it looks like the vinyl is still in print to me...  I'm getting pretty close to just ordering it off of Amazon or straight from Darla! 

johnnYYac

Quote from: shakermaker05 on Mar 26, 2012, 04:04 PM
QuoteThe Honest Man demo is a tad different from the album version as it's only about half as long and it's Jim playing on his acoustic.  It really sounds quite awesome, and I keep repeating myself about this on the board, but it's absolutely criminal that they did not include this on the demo package.

It would be awesome to hear that song in a stripped down acoustic version!  May I ask where you have heard it if it's not on the demos cd??

QuoteDude, TTF is awesome. Probably my 2nd favorite next to At Dawn. Which means I'd give it about a 9.9 and At Dawn a 10. I envy you for your first listen of it.

I'm expecting good things out of it!  I've actually been trying to get the vinyl from my record store for a couple of months now.  They had to specially order it for me and it came in and someone accidently sold it to someone else or something like that. 

The owner has been trying to order me another copy ever since and now he can't get it.  Not sure what the issue is as it looks like the vinyl is still in print to me...  I'm getting pretty close to just ordering it off of Amazon or straight from Darla!

Go straight to Darla.  See link and info below.

Quote from: johnnYYac on Feb 20, 2012, 12:34 PM
Quote from: subinai on Feb 20, 2012, 12:12 PM
from darla record's weekly email today:

My Morning Jacket -At Dawn 2xLP (Darla) Re-press. Exclusive: The Universe. Release date: 5/22.
My Morning Jacket -The Tennessee Fire 2xLP (Darla) Re-press. Exclusive: The Universe. Release date: 5/22.
And on that note, you can pre-order At Dawn now.  Its $20, TTF is $15, price includes download code, both are 2x LP 180 gram.  Shipping for both $10.

http://darla.com/index.php
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

searchinbig

Also, which I can't believe, there are still copies of the TTF colored vinyl (limited to 1,000) available here: http://store.acousticsounds.com/d/50240/My_Morning_Jacket-The_Tennessee_Fire-Vinyl_Record

200 Proof
"Somewhere out there is a land that's cool, where peace and balance are the rule."

danz

Quote from: searchinbig on Mar 26, 2012, 07:58 PM
Also, which I can't believe, there are still copies of the TTF colored vinyl (limited to 1,000) available here: http://store.acousticsounds.com/d/50240/My_Morning_Jacket-The_Tennessee_Fire-Vinyl_Record

200 Proof

awesome - any idea what color they are?

shakermaker05

Quote from: searchinbig on Mar 26, 2012, 07:58 PM

200 Proof

Ohhh... this is interesting.  I was under the impression that all the re-presses were coloured???  Is the repress straight from Darla black????

BTW guys, I got the Demos Package today!  I'm doing my 1st playthrough right now.  Really good!!!!  I just ripped the songs from At Dawn to my iTunes account.  I'm gunna save the Tennessee Fire ones for later  ;-)

e_wind

wait are there multiple pressings of colored vinyl? I thought the original was pressed with color...

searchinbig

Original is black vinyl. Came with the bonus 45. (Darla) Mine is anyway. I believe the UK version did not have the 45. (Wichita)

The repress available above is one record is orange and one record is red.

Don't know what the current repress color is.
"Somewhere out there is a land that's cool, where peace and balance are the rule."

shakermaker05

Quote from: searchinbig on Mar 28, 2012, 07:22 AM
Original is black vinyl. Came with the bonus 45. (Darla) Mine is anyway. I believe the UK version did not have the 45. (Wichita)

The repress available above is one record is orange and one record is red.

Don't know what the current repress color is.

Thanks for the info.  D'you by any chance know if the limited edition pressing is individually numbered (the one with the link of above limited to 1000)???  Just curious; I was on the site and it didn't specify.  I'm pretty sure that's the route I'm going to go. I have a weekend trip this week that's gonna eat up all my extra cash, but I will hopefully place an order for one in the next couple weeks.  The red & orange vinyl sounds pretty sweet!