cashing in saving bonds..

Started by Sticky Icky Green Stuff, Apr 02, 2012, 10:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

and yes, I accidentally typed saving bongs.  fairly simple question.  I've got a bunch of savings bonds that were given to me when I was born.  they're 30year for the most part from what I can tell.  a small few of them mature in 2024.  but the rest have at maximum 4years left at 4percent. 

question, do I just get rid of these bitches now and cash in on the 1k or do I hold out for 4more years?

didn't even know I had these, thought i used them for college. any help for my economically challenged ass would be appreciated. 

johnnYYac

Cash 'em in and come to Forecastle!  Buy some nice beer.  Or save it for the engagement ring...
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

Quote from: johnnYYac on Apr 02, 2012, 11:32 PM
Cash 'em in and come to Forecastle!  Buy some nice beer.  Or save it for the engagement ring...

that's what I'm saying! but let's be real. 4percent is solid, doesn't hurt to have an emergency fund.  but it doesn't hurt to have a 1000dollars either.  I need to learn math.

Penny Lane

don't cash them in sticky!---i know what you're going to spend them on.. ;)
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

mjk73

Hold on to them. Collect the interest, what little of it there is. It's free money and it's best to maximize that. You don't need more kush.

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

Quote from: Penny Lane on Apr 03, 2012, 08:52 AM
don't cash them in sticky!---i know what you're going to spend them on.. ;)

hookers and blow? how'd ya know?

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

Quote from: mjk73 on Apr 03, 2012, 11:14 AM
Hold on to them. Collect the interest, what little of it there is. It's free money and it's best to maximize that. You don't need more kush.

I think I spend more money on expensive beer than herb.