The NFL Thread: 2012

Started by capt. scotty, Apr 25, 2012, 03:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jon T.

ericm

Quote from: Jon T. on Jan 17, 2013, 03:06 PM
Like these guys?    :grin: :grin: :grin:

Like I said, there have been some questionable high picks over the years. :wink:

"Where's Jim going?"

Ruckus

I'll say it again but he shouldn't even go in the first round unless he runs a 4.5. The guy just isn't that talented to warrant mid to high first round.
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

manonthemoon

He isn't even as talented as Keuchly who is a legit stud or Wagner who played at a high level this year.  I think he'll probably go somewhere in the mid to late first round.  Of course in this draft there aren't too many sure things except for the tackle from A&M, Millner from bama, the guard from Bama, and the guard from UNC.  Overall a pretty weak group with no legit 1st round qbs, rbs, or wrs.  Heavy on OT, Safetys, and DL.  Also some good, but not game breaking TEs comming out as well.
Alive or Just Breathing

capt. scotty

Quote from: manonthemoon on Jan 17, 2013, 07:09 PM
He isn't even as talented as Keuchly who is a legit stud or Wagner who played at a high level this year.  I think he'll probably go somewhere in the mid to late first round.  Of course in this draft there aren't too many sure things except for the tackle from A&M, Millner from bama, the guard from Bama, and the guard from UNC.  Overall a pretty weak group with no legit 1st round qbs, rbs, or wrs.  Heavy on OT, Safetys, and DL.  Also some good, but not game breaking TEs comming out as well.

I havent really started looking into the draft and prospects yet, but just because its weak at the skill positions in the 1st round (which I know to be the case), doesnt mean the actual 2013 class is weak (dont know about this yet).
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

johnnYYac

Sweet!

Bill Belichick Builds New Tight End From Mutilated Dog Parts (from The Onion)

The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

manonthemoon

Quote from: capt. scotty on Jan 18, 2013, 09:25 PM
Quote from: manonthemoon on Jan 17, 2013, 07:09 PM

I havent really started looking into the draft and prospects yet, but just because its weak at the skill positions in the 1st round (which I know to be the case), doesnt mean the actual 2013 class is weak (dont know about this yet).

I guess I was just saying where there was a lot of sure thing talents (IMO) last year with Luck, RGIII, Richardson, the cornerbacks, a couple of linemen.  This one has a lot of people with question marks about different parts of their game.  Of course you never really know with these picks, but I just feel that there was a lot of talent that didn't declare early and next year will have a lot more talent with Clowney leading the way.  I think he would go number 1 overall this year if he was eligible.
Alive or Just Breathing

davymac

Please please win today falcons!! ATL fans need this! :beer:

johnnYYac

Off to Foxboro!  Go Pats!

lucylew

capt. scotty

Quote from: davymac on Jan 20, 2013, 10:20 AM

Honestly forgot the Falcons were still alive for the last day, felt like the Seahawks won last week I guess. I was figuring that the NFC was the late game because they were playing is San Fran  :grin:
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

davymac

Quote from: capt. scotty on Jan 20, 2013, 11:42 AM

Honestly forgot the Falcons were still alive for the last day, felt like the Seahawks won last week I guess. I was figuring that the NFC was the late game because they were playing is San Fran  :grin:

this is exactly why the falcons need a super bowl! ATL sports gets shit on...the braves are the only team that has won us anything!  our defense is questionable at best but we have some offensive talent!

capt. scotty

Quote from: davymac on Jan 20, 2013, 11:58 AM
Quote from: capt. scotty on Jan 20, 2013, 11:42 AM

this is exactly why the falcons need a super bowl! ATL sports gets shit on...the braves are the only team that has won us anything!  our defense is questionable at best but we have some offensive talent!

I dont think ATL sports get shit on, I think the Falcons just dont have as strong or as large of a fanbase as expected for a couple reasons. One, UGA and college football seems to reign supreme over the Falcons. Also, Ive heard ATL is a huge transplant city (moreso than others) so there's a lot of football fans down there who arent really Falcons fans, or they arent their favorite team at least. They also dont have as much tradition most of the large market (or even smaller market like GB, PIT, KC, etc) teams.

You have talent on D, I think Weatherspoon and Decoud are 2 of the most underrated players in the league at their respective positions, and obviously their CB's are very good. I think this game will come down to Ryan and the offense getting TD's against that SF defense though. You gotta think SF is good for 24 pts. Julio has been very big or MIA in games this year it seems, rarely having that mediocre 7/80 type of game, theyll need him to show up. Turner having a nice game would be huge as well.

manonthemoon

Think it's 9ers and rat birds with the point spread given.  Should be good games all around.
Alive or Just Breathing

Jackets N Pones

Here it is, in its entirety, our cover of ELO's Telephone Wire

johnnYYac

View of Gillette, and Chris at my car, tailgating has commenced!

Mr. White

It's looking good for Atlanta right now! Go Falcons!
Kentuckians For The Commonwealth (KFTC) Member Since 2011

capt. scotty

Helluva game so far. Im surprised how bad the 9ers D is getting abused. Should be a good 2nd half. Big drive by ATL to end the half.

I think youre going to get a good game as well Yac!

capt. scotty

Quote from: capt. scotty on Nov 28, 2012, 09:55 PM
Im loving this QB controversy in SF. I think SF and Harbaugh are making the right decision with Kaepernicus.

The NFC is so loaded offensively, I dont think SF can win a SB/get by all of GB, ATL, NYG, etc. I think gambling with Kaep is the right call. Smith has been quite good, but I think Kaep really increases their chances of a SB win, or even getting there.

ericm

Quote from: capt. scotty on Jan 20, 2013, 06:10 PM
Quote from: capt. scotty on Nov 28, 2012, 09:55 PM
Im loving this QB controversy in SF. I think SF and Harbaugh are making the right decision with Kaepernicus.

The NFC is so loaded offensively, I dont think SF can win a SB/get by all of GB, ATL, NYG, etc. I think gambling with Kaep is the right call. Smith has been quite good, but I think Kaep really increases their chances of a SB win, or even getting there.

Don't hurt yourself there Scotty. You might pull something patting yourself on the back. :wink:

"Where's Jim going?"