The NFL Thread: 2012

Started by capt. scotty, Apr 25, 2012, 03:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jackets N Pones

Quote from: iLikeBeer on Sep 18, 2012, 11:48 AM
Quote from: Northern Neighbour on Sep 17, 2012, 05:11 PM
Anyway, the Boys got smoked yesterday.  Other than parts of the first half, Seattle controlled the game.  They were the more physical and the hungrier team.  They just beat up the Boys and the Boys, as usual, just whimpered.

Man, I was so encouraged after opening night beating the Giants in the Meadowlands!  And then last week happened?!   :rolleyes:  That was an awful performance all around but I'm mostly disappointed with one Dez Bryant!  Starting with his off the field issues, and that seems to be carrying over to affect his play on the field?!  How many dropped passes did he have?  Or how about muffed punts?!  He has all the talent in the world, but he's such a head case, I'm beginning to wonder if he's worth the trouble?!

I think you and Shango are on the same page...

Dallas Cowboys look pathetic vs the Seahawks
Here it is, in its entirety, our cover of ELO's Telephone Wire

ericm

GO GIANTS!!   :beer:

Need a win in Philly just like last year.
"Where's Jim going?"

Northern Neighbour

The Dallas Cowboys - the NFL's softest team.

iLikeBeer

Quote from: Northern Neighbour on Oct 02, 2012, 12:13 PM

Total reflection of their coach if you ask me.  Jason Garrett is a good assistant coach, but just not head coaching material...

manonthemoon

Quote from: iLikeBeer on Oct 03, 2012, 10:36 AM
Quote from: Northern Neighbour on Oct 02, 2012, 12:13 PM

Total reflection of their coach if you ask me.  Jason Garrett is a good assistant coach, but just not head coaching material...

Actually a reflection of their QB.  For every great play, he has a total disaster linking in the near future.  He's a poor man's Favre, who IMHO was overrated as well.
Alive or Just Breathing

johnnYYac

Heading out shortly for my first Pats game this year. We're at the mercy of friends who are season ticket holders but moved to NC. Sometimes, they or their family claim tix but my brother, sister, and I get what's left.

Today, Denver and Peyton Manning come to Foxboro. Hoping to see more of the ground attack that we saw in Buffalo last week.

Go Pats!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

Jon T.

Quote from: johnnYYac on Oct 07, 2012, 08:33 AM
Heading out shortly for my first Pats game this year. We're at the mercy of friends who are season ticket holders but moved to NC. Sometimes, they or their family claim tix but my brother, sister, and I get what's left.

Today, Denver and Peyton Manning come to Foxboro. Hoping to see more of the ground attack that we saw in Buffalo last week.

Go Pats!

Nice, Yac!  Should be a good game.  Have fun!

Ruckus

Quote from: Jon T. on Oct 07, 2012, 09:12 AM
Quote from: johnnYYac on Oct 07, 2012, 08:33 AM

Go Pats!

Nice, Yac!  Should be a good game.  Have fun!
Have fun Yacster!  The way I look at it, since the Jets are going to lose just about every other game left this year, the Patsies are going to have to do the same for us to win the division with a 7-9 record. :grin:

C'mon Broncos!
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

johnnYYac

It's gonna be a wet one!  Ah, $10 beers!

johnnYYac

Photos from the nosebleeds...

Looks like rain.

Pats take the field.

Kickoff!

Brady's run-in touchdown.

BillYYac - my brother

Halftime.

Patriots 31  Broncos 21

johnnYYac

ericm

Great all around game by the Champs today.  Harbaugh got schooled IMO. You have to strap it up and play in this league buddy. Gimmicks, and bad challenges might get by in college, but  this is the big leagues  fella.  A BIG FU to maybe the douchiest coach in the league.

I know it's only one game, and a regular season one at that, but this guy needs to be knocked down a peg or two,IMO. There's a long way to go, and SF has a great team, and will probably be there at the end in the NFC, but Harbaugh just bugs the hell out of me. His brother in Baltimore is not anywhere near as bad, and a much better coach,IMO.. How could these two be so different?
"Where's Jim going?"

exist10z

I think you're a little rough on Jim there eric, but I do appreciate the props to John. :smiley:

Nice win by the Ravens today, but maybe not such a 'win' in the long run.  A defense already looking suspect without Suggs, today lost Webb and maybe Lewis as well.  Flacco's gonna need to score a lot of points (and not convinced he can) for us to continue to win.
Sisyphus - Just rollin' that rock up the hill, and hoping it doesn't crush me on the way back down..

ericm

Quote from: exist10z on Oct 14, 2012, 10:12 PM
I think you're a little rough on Jim there eric, but I do appreciate the props to John. :smiley:

Nice win by the Ravens today, but maybe not such a 'win' in the long run.  A defense already looking suspect without Suggs, today lost Webb and maybe Lewis as well.  Flacco's gonna need to score a lot of points (and not convinced he can) for us to continue to win.

No way ex.  The more I see of JH the  more I can't stand.   I've seen a lot of great coaches over the years, and don't let my fan bias get in the way of respecting one,or giving one his props when it's deserved. This guy acts like he invented the wheel or something. Today he flat out got out coached,  and had his team out played.  This wasn't the Jets,or Bills they were playing. He's a bully who ran it up on lesser teams, and got sent home crying to Mommy today when he faced a team as good or better than his. One that wasn't afraid to go toe to toe, and let the best team win. The Giants more than matched the Niners physical play, and in fact beat them at their own game.

JH out foxed himself today, and his gimmicky back -up QB spread offense or whatever he wants to call it, didn't fool anyone. His own players have to question why he kept jerking Smith in and out of the game. They could never get a rhythm on offense, and this tactic neither helped nor worked. I know if that was my team's coach I wouldn't be happy with him, and probably even harder on him than I am now.

His first challenge on what was clearly a play that wouldn't be overturned, might've been the worst use of the red flag I've seen yet.

I'm not usually one to gloat over a win, but this one was sweet. Like I said, JH hasn't won shit yet, and needed to be smacked down a bit,IMO. I'm glad to see it happen, and even happier that is was my team that did it.
"Where's Jim going?"

manonthemoon

While I do not think Jim Harbough is on the level of a Rex Ryan in the douchbag department.  I stll think he is pretty douchy in his demenor and play calling. The NFL is different than college and just becuase you have a dominant D, doesn't mean you can win every game.  Was glad to see them get waxed for the second time, but by a better team than the Vikes.  I do love me some Willis though, straight up stud at the MLB position.
Alive or Just Breathing

capt. scotty

Quote from: ericm on Oct 14, 2012, 08:52 PM
Great all around game by the Champs today.  Harbaugh got schooled IMO. You have to strap it up and play in this league buddy. Gimmicks, and bad challenges might get by in college, but  this is the big leagues  fella.  A BIG FU to maybe the douchiest coach in the league.

I know it's only one game, and a regular season one at that, but this guy needs to be knocked down a peg or two,IMO. There's a long way to go, and SF has a great team, and will probably be there at the end in the NFC, but Harbaugh just bugs the hell out of me. His brother in Baltimore is not anywhere near as bad, and a much better coach,IMO.. How could these two be so different?

I did not see the game, but Jim Harbaugh bothers me as well (and much more than John H, who I still think is a little too cocky more his own good, but nothing like Jim). Pretty sure Jim H rubs me the wrong way more than any other coach going right now. Without a doubt, Jim is a very good coach, he just comes off far more arrogant and an asshole than he has earned thus far. He was a fairly successful player in his day, so I think part of it relates to that as well as just his personality, but I wont give him an excuse in the asshole department.

As for coaching, he helped groom Luck into the #1 pick. In 1 year, he turned SF from a joke into a team in the NFC championship game. Alex Smith was a laughing stock a year ago and for his entire career really, but going into this week he was leading the league in passer rating (yes, I know he threw a few picks this week). Some of that its hard to say how much credit you give to Harbaugh, but he's clearly doing something right.

Mostly its just his track record isnt long enough for him to be such a pompous cockface yet.
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

capt. scotty

Sounds like Ray Ray and Webb dunzo for the year, Ngata possibly as well. Im still not sold on Sizzle being back anytime soon.

That said, my Steelers absolutely suck, especially on the road. I was total doom and gloom after that horrific game thursday, but now I am only slightly with the Ravens succumbing to similar injury problems and 3rd best team and 9th best team in the AFC all being 3-3 and only a half game better than the Stillers.
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

exist10z

Quote from: capt. scotty on Oct 15, 2012, 10:57 AM

Sounds like Ray Ray and Webb dunzo for the year, Ngata possibly as well. Im still not sold on Sizzle being back anytime soon.

That said, my Steelers absolutely suck, especially on the road. I was total doom and gloom after that horrific game thursday, but now I am only slightly with the Ravens succumbing to similar injury problems and 3rd best team and 9th best team in the AFC all being 3-3 and only a half game better than the Stillers.

Yeah, the Steelers are having a rough time too, but with basically losing all our best defensive players, I think we'll be lucky to split with you.  The Ravens defense wasn't stopping anyone WITH Lewis and Webb.

I checked the rest of the schedule, and even at 5-1, I think the Ravens will be fortunate to finish at 10-6 (crazy fortunate at 11-5 - if the offense goes nuts, but I don't see that happening), and 9-7 seems more likely.  That could/should still get us into the playoffs, but I don't see us going anywhere.

Bummer... :cry:
Sisyphus - Just rollin' that rock up the hill, and hoping it doesn't crush me on the way back down..

iLikeBeer

My god?!  Only the Cowboys can rack up almost 500 yards of total offense, 220 yards rushing and win the time of possession battle 40 minutes to 20 and still lose the effing game???

When Jason Garrett is fired won't be soon enough!

walterfredo

yesterday was possibly the worst day of my life.  Both of my teams lost and I had to listen to effin' Joe Buck announce BOTH games.  I hate that guy.  :angry: