Thanks for making the switch back

Started by scosby2, Sep 05, 2012, 02:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scosby2

In my talkings to diehard and newbie mmj fans all over the country this past tour the main complaint about the new site was the fan forum. Of course all of us crazies hated it but it was even heard from the fans just getting into the band. Many of them told me signing up was so difficult they just didn't bother with it.

It's very obvious this band listens to their fans and does not want any kind of civil war or factions formed on their regard. I for one am very glad this is back...now i'm off to figure out how to post a pic since I never learned the last time...can't wait to see all of you folks start popping back up in here!!

cheers to the best band in the world!!!!!

peafunk31

Homer no function beer well without.

Devil Ledbetter

Quote from: scosby2 on Sep 05, 2012, 02:44 PM
.no to figure out how to post a pic since I never learned the last time...can't wait to see all of you folks start popping back up in here!!
In the reply window, just click that tiny Mona Lisa icon (below the B for bold), then paste the image URL between the {img}{/img} tags. Or just key in some {img} tags yourself, using plain brackets instead of the curly ones.

So it should look like {img}http://www.myimageurl.somewhereontheweb.com{/img}.
We understand it's the '90s.

scosby2

like this??

this is from mpp...glowpicking

Devil Ledbetter

We understand it's the '90s.

Fully

Yay, Seth! You did it! Also want to echo the sentiments. We do really appreciate this. Thank you can't be said enough.

Bernard

Me likey, once that twitter feed pop'd up I was ready to call it quits.  Glad they finally listened.

Long live The Jacket!

lasvegas

well gat damn. what a relief to have this back.

that other thing was awful.

kudos to whomever it was that made the decision to go back.

cheers
Is there a doctor in the house tonight?

MarkW

I think CC had more than a little to do with it.  Also Yyacster and the other mods, so 'spec to them all.

Here's a tribute to the Flying V love on the Roo 04 thread.  Jim during OBH at the Astoria in London 2006; my first MMJ gig.  I'd totally lost my shit at this point - not sure how I took a photo.

This is why I love The Jacket, and always will.  :beer:
The trouble with the straight and the narrow is it's so thin, I keep sliding off to the side

kev

Agreed, thanks for taking away the horrid other site... didn't like it and just happened to see the hyper link for the "old site" in an email today.  :grin:

thebigbang

Yes, Indeed. Thank you for going back to the old forum.  I tried to give the other one a good faith effort, but it was just plain terrible compared to this format.

I completely gave up visiting it and only through the email notice this week did I find out that the old forum had returned.  I would love to know the usage stats after the switch, because I gotta believe I was not the only one who gave up using it and I suspect posting numbers and views went down drastically after the change.

In the next email from MMJ the band might want to make a HIGHLIGHTED mention of the old forum returning, as I almost missed the practically obscure mention of it in the email I received. That might bring even more people back to the forums.
Just a Heartbreakin' Man, doing a Victory Dance with Shaky Knees, along a Bermuda Highway

MMJ_fanatic

Agreed, agreed, agreed, agreed  :cool:
Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.