Tiny references

Started by SaraBananaBear, May 05, 2010, 01:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SaraBananaBear

"Contrary to popular belief, the Internet hasn't killed every print form of communication. OK, maybe it will but that's beside the point. One magazine still standing - and standing strong mind you - is SPIN  and last week they unleashed their 25th anniversary edition featuring an interactive, black leather biker jacket cover. Inside those pages are a bunch of guest contributors - sadly none of which are Wang or Chung. I spoke with the mag's publisher Malcolm Campbell about the super cool edition, and where he sees SPIN and rock going into the future.

(...)

Moving on to the bigger picture, who is the future of rock in your humble opinion? Explain.
There are so many more qualified people here to answer that question, but in a general sense I am very bullish on the future of music. There is just so much vitality and variety in music, that it bodes very well for our consumer. But, if you were to hold my feet to the fire, I'd personally say [highlight]Jim James from My Morning Jacket[/highlight] will only get better as time goes by."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/jon-chattman/emspinem-magazine-publish_b_563127.html
:D
Europe ♥ My Morning Jacket

My Morning Coffee

Awesome find!

The "Yim Dynasty" has only just begun  :)
~ I ain't often right, but I've never been wrong ~

vwxg14a

I just saw it myself.   :D

I just wonder when the rest of the US will finally get it.  

In the meantime, I will keep going to shows getting choice seats/pit and enjoy see the boys up close and personal.  St Augustine show was the bomb.
Pops, Langerado, Lollapalooza, RCMH, Miami Beach, MSG, St Aug, T5.

Love Dogg

To quote Jim James (on occasion), "WOW!.....................................WOW!................................. WOW!"
"Sometimes it runs its course in a day, babe.  Sometimes it goes from night after night."

Ghosts_on_TV

Sarah BB does it again! You fucking rule.  8-)
Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...

crazylove

Awesomeness......like we didn't know this already!!!
"You could kill someone up here and bury them in the snow! No one would ever find them!"- Penny Lane

SaraBananaBear

QuoteAwesomeness......[highlight]like we didn't know this already![/highlight]!!

Indeed!
:)

tdb810

.....Back at the Model Home

SaraBananaBear

Another short mention, but I really liked the "has a knack for being awesome"  :)
http://arbiteronline.com/2010/05/09/sasquatch-is-just-around-the-corner/
My Morning Jacket
This Louisville, Kentucky based five piece has a knack for being awesome. The band's last album, "Evil Urges," combines southern rock and funky R&B into a splendid concoction of musical bliss – think P-Funk meets the Allman Brothers Band. My Morning Jacket will headline the first day of the festival

twofingers

[url="//www.thesteamengine.net"]www.thesteamengine.net[/url]

SaraBananaBear

QuoteSaraBB's MMJ radar is top notch!

Haha, my sisters call it "geekiness", but radar definitely sounds cooler  ;)

Soulshine

QuoteAwesomeness......like we didn't know this already!!!

No doubt C-Love...tell me something I dont know!  :)
Because we're all in this together...

bluesky

Sara,
I think you need your own subject on the forum!

johnnYYac

[size=20]MMJ-dar[/size]
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

SaraBananaBear

QuoteSara,
I think you need your own subject on the forum!

Oh thank you, you're too nice!  [ch9829] :)

SaraBananaBear

[size=20]MMJ-dar[/size]

Haha, yes that's what I'll tell my sisters next time they call it gekiness, not sure if it will help my case though...  ;)

SaraBananaBear

Another short mention/tiny reference (or whatever it's called, English isn't my native language, so I'm pretty confused most of the time).

Blues Traveler's keyboardist Ben Wilson, when asked "Of today's young artists, who impresses you?":

I don't get excited about bands in the Top 40. Occasionally one comes along that I feel is a real band. I do like My Morning Jacket, although I don't know if I consider them new or young.

Found here: http://www.newstimes.com/entertainment/article/Blues-Traveler-to-perform-at-The-Ridgefield-524941.php

:)

woodnymph

Very nice very nice!  :)
Daylight is good at arriving in the night time

BH

I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

Love Dogg

"Sometimes it runs its course in a day, babe.  Sometimes it goes from night after night."