Bob Dylan - Tempest

Started by MrWhippy, Sep 11, 2012, 06:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MrWhippy

Wow, this album is astoundingly good and easily my favorite since Love and Theft. 

Who else has heard it, and what do you think?
My heart can't wait to meet you on the other side.

wolof7

Mr. Whippy, I agree

I loved Modern Times and could get behind Together Through Life but to me this Album is up there with Time Out of Mind and Love & Theft for best among his latter day output.

Tin Angel is an early fav for me. Duquense Whistle is so much fun. Each word is sang, spoken or barked with conviction, irony and/or importance. These songs are stories and are masterfully crafted through a hyponotic roots/blues lens which makes the album feel timeless.

Such a great album. 
Oh, I will dine on honey dew And drink the Milk of Paradiseeeee

johnnYYac

I've got the vinyl preordered and will wait until the needle drops in the comfort of my own home, but I've heard a lot of good things and look forward to it.
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

KingCobra

Great Album!!!!  Tin Angel is great so is Pay In Blood .. All the way through great album.
I'm On A Four Day Creep

headhunter

I agree.  My favorite Dylan album in years.  He uses his voice (what's left of it) well with these great tunes.

Funny, when I saw him live 2 weeks ago opening up the new Capitol Theater, he did not play anything from the new album.
was some shakin' and some record playin'