Most underrated MMJ tracks?

Started by ManNamedTruth, Sep 12, 2012, 05:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

YungYave

Totally agree with Remnants, Touch Me Pt. 1, Masterplan, and The Day Is Coming. I'd also go with I Needed It Most and Death Is The Easy Way.
his arms were thin, and off into the night they ran

lasvegas

masterplan????

underrated?????

nah man, nah.
Is there a doctor in the house tonight?

zanjam

Quote from: Fully on Sep 13, 2012, 10:20 PM
Very nice. It even calmed me down after my argument with Zanjam.
So we had an argument, did we?  Just because I'm going to get the underrated Remnants tomorrow night doesn't mean we're arguing now, does it?  :tongue:

I'll even throw in a bathtub for ya  :bath:

And if you play your cards right I might even surprise you with a little sumpin sumpin from the Greek.  :wink:

Who loves ya, baby??!
anything + reverb always = better

meltingaway

Weeks Go By Like Days

lots of potential in turning this one into something special live...maybe some sort of rocking outtro

wolof7

Come Closer
How Do You Know
O is the One (never enuff luv for this one)
El Caporel
Two Halves (too fun not to love)
Oh, I will dine on honey dew And drink the Milk of Paradiseeeee

Ruckus

Quote from: wolof7 on Sep 14, 2012, 06:10 PM
And Speed of Love is an underrated RUSH song.  Go back to your hole
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

MattyJD

Quote from: meltingaway on Sep 14, 2012, 05:29 PM
Weeks Go By Like Days

lots of potential in turning this one into something special live...maybe some sort of rocking outtro

Completely agree. Love that song

wolof7

Quote from: Ruckus on Sep 14, 2012, 06:34 PM
Quote from: wolof7 on Sep 14, 2012, 06:10 PM
And Speed of Love is an underrated RUSH song.  Go back to your hole

Ill make a mix cd of just those two songs and love it all night long

GIFSoup
Oh, I will dine on honey dew And drink the Milk of Paradiseeeee

Willard1979

Slow Slow Tune wasnt one of my favs, but after hearing it live, ive come to enjoy it more.

dylyn

Slow Slow Tune
One In The Same
If All Else Fails
Into The Woods
Sooner
Thank You Too
Remnants
Two Halves
Freak Out

zanjam

Quote from: dylyn on Sep 15, 2012, 12:31 AM
Slow Slow Tune
One In The Same
If All Else Fails
Into The Woods
Sooner
Thank You Too
Remnants
Two Halves
Freak Out
My Wonder Twin (except for Into the Woods.)

dylyn

Quote from: zanjam on Sep 15, 2012, 12:43 AM
Quote from: dylyn on Sep 15, 2012, 12:31 AM
Slow Slow Tune
One In The Same
If All Else Fails
Into The Woods
Sooner
Thank You Too
Remnants
Two Halves
Freak Out
My Wonder Twin (except for Into the Woods.)

!! :)  .... I know most people are freaked out by ITW, but I think its lovely in some crazy way.... I'd also have to add "Death Is The Easy Way"

scosby2

definitely How Could I Know (oxen) and Easy Morning Rebel...good to see EMR popping back up in some setlists...one of my favorite tunes

and I would venture to say Rolling Back  because until we really started pushing for it it had been shelved...other than the intro into TWTHS

scosby2

Quote from: dylyn on Sep 15, 2012, 12:48 AM
!! :)  .... I know most people are freaked out by ITW, but I think its lovely in some crazy way

for some reason Into the Woods has always been one of my favorite songs by these guys. Didn't make it to T5 Z so that's why I really wanted to hear it in Philly...sorry for those that were there that i might have pissed off with the relentless requesting...the best part about hearing it there was that everyone minus us crazy people shut the hell up and started trying to figure out what it was...a lot of people disagree but i think it fits perfectly on Z

zanjam

Quote from: scosby2 on Sep 15, 2012, 12:55 AM
Quote from: dylyn on Sep 15, 2012, 12:48 AM
!! :)  .... I know most people are freaked out by ITW, but I think its lovely in some crazy way

for some reason Into the Woods has always been one of my favorite songs by these guys. Didn't make it to T5 Z so that's why I really wanted to hear it in Philly...sorry for those that were there that i might have pissed off with the relentless requesting...the best part about hearing it there was that everyone minus us crazy people shut the hell up and started trying to figure out what it was...a lot of people disagree but i think it fits perfectly on Z
I completely disagree but respect you just the same!  I die over Old Sept Blues and most people could give a shit.  So I hear you...but don't understand you!

scosby2

Quote from: zanjam on Sep 15, 2012, 01:00 AM
I completely disagree but respect you just the same!  I die over Old Sept Blues and most people could give a shit.  So I hear you...but don't understand you!

and that's what makes the world go 'round

Fully

Quote from: zanjam on Sep 14, 2012, 04:53 PM
Quote from: Fully on Sep 13, 2012, 10:20 PM
Very nice. It even calmed me down after my argument with Zanjam.
So we had an argument, did we?  Just because I'm going to get the underrated Remnants tomorrow night doesn't mean we're arguing now, does it?  :tongue:

I'll even throw in a bathtub for ya  :bath:

And if you play your cards right I might even surprise you with a little sumpin sumpin from the Greek.  :wink:

Who loves ya, baby??!

:grin: I guess I better start playing my cards right then -but I still don't think your getting my Remnants. Although I will concede that it would be possible for them to play it. I just think they are saving it for Nashville - for reasons I've already stated. When they do play it in Nashville, I might have a little surprise for you. :kiss: :beer:

oistheone

I'd nominate "I Won't Cry". Jim wrote this when he was HOW old? Just an unreal song, wish they'd play it live. Could see a countrified version working very well.

johnnYYac

Quote from: oistheone on Sep 15, 2012, 05:54 PM
I'd nominate "I Won't Cry". Jim wrote this when he was HOW old? Just an unreal song, wish they'd play it live. Could see a countrified version working very well.
:huh:
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

oistheone

Can't you hear it?? Not ALAN JACKSON country, I'm talkin' NEIL YOUNG IN THE BARN country. It's a song written so early in Jim's career, yet it's got these GREAT little guitar licks and flourishes that are practically MADE for Jim and Carl to play around with. And that's not even MENTIONING the sweet vocal harmony possibilities.

As a song, it's just TOO GOOD to remain locked up in the vaults. I really believe the guys would knock a full-band arrangement of "I Won't Cry" right outta the park.  I just wish I could somehow persuade 'em to do it.

Anyway, that's why I think "I Won't Cry" is the most underrated MMJ track.