Messages from Islam

Started by Fully, Sep 13, 2012, 01:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fully

I really didn't know how to title this post but boingboing has a link to an album of images of people protesting the murder of diplomat Chris Evans Stevens. I find that it shows that just like in the United States, sometimes people across the sea in countries that many of us think we have nothing in common with people can be embarrassed by the actions of their radicals and don't want to be lumped in with them. Also, the guy in the background in the second picture I'm posting is hot.

Fully

Crispy

Interesting stuff. Also, the man's name was Chris Stevens.
"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

Fully

Oops, my bad. I was trying to get it posted quickly before my ACT Prep students' practice test timer rang.

Shug

Thanks, Fully, for posting that, its an important message.
"Some like their water shallow, I like mine deep"

tdb810

Thanks Fully, that's some good stuff right there - comforting with everything that's going on. 
.....Back at the Model Home

vespachick

Geez Beth, he's a little young dontcha think?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
My jacket's gonna be cut slim and checked

Northern Neighbour

Thanks for posting Fully.

It's unfortunate we don't hear or see more stories of this.  Instead, the focus is on the act and those who committed the atrocity, which then instills a belief in some people that all people of a particular race, religion, culture, or nationality are terrorists, evil, or enemies.  If all stories were told, maybe, just maybe, people would understand one another better even if we may be thousands of miles apart.

Fully

I agree, NN. It's just too easy to say all Muslims are bad. But just like I'm mortified when one of my state legislators decides to promote anti "Sharia law" legislation or when they pass a "don't say gay" bill for teachers in public schools, this shows that many of them are also mortified by the reactions of their extremists. When emotions start to run high, people who may or may not have realized this previously, aren't able to form a coherent thought. Suddenly - all Muslims are terrorists seems like a logical thought for many people. We've seen plenty of Christian terrorists too, people. But you'll never here a person from the west say that "All Christians are terrorists." because Christianity is something more familiar to them.

Fully

Quote from: vespachick on Sep 14, 2012, 08:39 PM

:grin: Green shirt, Vespa. Dirty, green shirt. :evil:

ericm

Quote from: Fully on Sep 15, 2012, 05:54 AM

And here I thought you were talking about one of the guys wearing watches. One in red shirt or blue/grey shirt.   :evil:   :wink:
"Where's Jim going?"

Fully

Quote from: ericm on Sep 15, 2012, 08:13 PM
Quote from: Fully on Sep 15, 2012, 05:54 AM

And here I thought you were talking about one of the guys wearing watches. One in red shirt or blue/grey shirt.   :evil:   :wink:
I prefer men in ill-fitting shirts. Also, I don't understand why men wear their sunglasses on their forehead. And Eric, you might be evil. :evil: :grin: