Main Menu

alt-j

Started by Murph, Sep 18, 2012, 09:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Murph

Album came out today is called An Awesome Wave and the guy at my record store convinced me to pick it up.  Dont know much about them, but Im liking the cd a ton.  They really have some cool sounds.  Anyone else??

Alt-J (∆) - "Breezeblocks" (Live at WFUV)

SaraBananaBear

I like them and that one is my favorite song, thanks for sharing! :thumbsup:

Also, JJ remix:
Alt-J - Fitzpleasure, Jim James Apple C remix

:cheesy:
Europe ♥ My Morning Jacket

lpkell2145

Had never heard of them before seeing this post a few days ago. Their album is now in my heavy listening rotation. Thank you Murph!

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2
20 times I wish you'd understand...

Ob1jacobe

Love this album.  Also like that Alt-j is the Mac OS short cut for the ∆ (delta sign).  Nerds.  I think they are currently a big deal in the UK and have been nominated for the Mecury Music prize.

SaraBananaBear

Europe ♥ My Morning Jacket

he.who.forgets

I am currently addicted to this album!

capt. scotty

Quote from: Ob1jacobe on Sep 28, 2012, 05:27 PM
Love this album.  Also like that Alt-j is the Mac OS short cut for the ∆ (delta sign).  Nerds.  I think they are currently a big deal in the UK and have been nominated for the Mecury Music prize.

They ended up winning it.

I cant understand the lyrics sometimes (especially track 1 which is 1 of my favorites), but the music is just so catchy and gets you entranced.

Another album Im guessing would be in my Top 10 for 2012.
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

MarkW

I'm late to Alt-J, having only picked the album up this week.  A nephew (whom I introduced to MMJ) has been pestering me to get it for months.

I think it's an great piece of work - I can definitely see some Radiohead influences in there.  That's no bad thing.  Tickets for their spring tour in the US/Canada seem to be available, but the later UK dates are sold out.  I'm still going to try and check them out, even if it means a resale ticket.
The trouble with the straight and the narrow is it's so thin, I keep sliding off to the side

Jackets N Pones

This album is excellent start to finish. Thank you!

alt-J - Tessellate [OFFICIAL VIDEO]
Here it is, in its entirety, our cover of ELO's Telephone Wire

bigloop

WOW!  just picked up this album.  Some of the vocal affects are a bit much but the music is fantastic.

Long shot, but anyone have extras for tonight or tomorrow in Boston??

EasyRyder

http://www.wfuv.org/npr/alt-j-live-concert-sxsw-2013

Recorded stream of their SXSW show. Obsessed I am  :evil:
"As citizens of eternity we ought to be without anxiety."