Great MMJ video idea

Started by rincon, Oct 02, 2012, 10:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rincon

When Led Zeppelin released it's incredibly comprehensive live DVD they utilized some fan video footage, with the professional mixed soundtrack. It blended into the professional video. They used it to fill some video source problems. After going to all the Wiltern shows, seeing almost everything was filmed by the audience, imagine something professional like Okonokos, professionally filmed with pristine soundtrack, with maybe 20-30% of the video coming from a few dozen IPhones in the crowd. The sound would be consistent  to the professional film, but some of these amateur videos are fantastic. If it were done right it would be a landmark video. They would not have to do anything more than 10-30 seconds of amateur video at a time, just interspersed where it would fit best. It seems like such a great idea, maybe someone has already done this.

jaye

rincon

Well, I knew it was too good of any idea for me to be the first.

Dillsnufus

Didn't the Beastie Boys do it too?
Gazziza My Dillsnufus

Crispy

Didn't MMJ do this, I think with fan-shot videos from a Lollapalooza set?
"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

johnnYYac

Quote from: Crispy on Oct 03, 2012, 04:21 PM
Didn't MMJ do this, I think with fan-shot videos from a Lollapalooza set?
Yep.  Ah, the quality of cell phone video in 2007 left something to be desired.

http://www.spinner.com/2007/08/05/my-morning-jacket-get-shot-by-lollapalooza-crowd/

Its no longer available on Current TV's site, so I'm uploading a version I have to YouTube.  The link should be active soon...

All Eyes on My Morning Jacket
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

rincon

Something like 2012 Red Rocks with about 30% of high impact fan cam stuff would be nice. I think the mix of pro and amateur adds a little spice more than just amateur.