lpkell2145

Round 2 Group 3

1. Just One Thing
2. One in the Same
3. It Beats 4U
4. Dancefloors
20 times I wish you'd understand...

APR

i can't believe Master Plan is out already.  One of my all time favorites.

1.  Just One Thing
2. Evelyn
3. It Beats 4U
4. The Day is Coming

exist10z

Just One Thing is great, but I can't believe that Wordless Chorus is gonna get voted off.  Seriously, Just One Thing is great, but WORDLESS CHORUS?

I don't know, I guess that's why we all have preferences, and Z was the first album I really got into - so maybe that's part of it, but Wordless is a definite top 10, probably top 5, maybe top 3 for me.  Sure, Steam Engine, Dondante, War Begun maybe, and a few other I might vote over it if I ended up having to choose them head to head, but not Just One Thing.

'We are the innovators..., They are the imitators..., COME ON!' :cheesy:

I don't know, maybe others feel like that's cheesy, but for me, that's one of my top Jacket tingling moments - goose bumps, hair standing on end, all that shit.

Anyway, it's probably too late and I know this isn't a 'make your case' for the song thread, but I just couldn't help myself.

Pardon me...
Sisyphus - Just rollin' that rock up the hill, and hoping it doesn't crush me on the way back down..

Tutofqueens

Quote from: exist10z on Nov 03, 2012, 01:23 AM
Just One Thing is great, but I can't believe that Wordless Chorus is gonna get voted off.  Seriously, Just One Thing is great, but WORDLESS CHORUS?

I don't know, I guess that's why we all have preferences, and Z was the first album I really got into - so maybe that's part of it, but Wordless is a definite top 10, probably top 5, maybe top 3 for me.  Sure, Steam Engine, Dondante, War Begun maybe, and a few other I might vote over it if I ended up having to choose them head to head, but not Just One Thing.

I don't know, maybe others feel like that's cheesy, but for me, that's one of my top Jacket tingling moments - goose bumps, hair standing on end, all that shit.

Anyway, it's probably too late and I know this isn't a 'make your case' for the song thread, but I just couldn't help myself.

Pardon me...
Agreed. I'd say most hardcore jacket fans have a little pre-Z bias and we've been seein that with this bracket big time!

EverythingChanges

Quote from: Tutofqueens on Nov 03, 2012, 01:29 AM

Pardon me...
Agreed. I'd say most hardcore jacket fans have a little pre-Z bias and we've been seein that with this bracket big time!

Agreed, yeah Wordless is perhaps overplayed, but it no way is Just One Thing a better song.  Wordless is My Morning Jacket. 
I wonder why we listen to poets when nobody gives a fuck

johnnYYac

I was gonna put in my two cents to defend Just One Thing, then saw that I chose Wordless.  I'm not going to change my vote, but its a close call.  Defining MMJ by Z works for some, but It Still Moves is my defining moment.  I discovered MMJ one month before the release of Evil Urges, yet ISM seems the perfect balance of where MMJ came from and where they were heading.  Z is great, Wordless is iconic, hell, I voted for it.  But Just One Thing is a great song. 

Any given Sunday.
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

peafunk31

Just One Thing
Evelyn
It Beats 4 U
Dancefloors
Homer no function beer well without.

e_wind

I definitely don't think Wordless is one of their best. Definitely not in my top 10. Probably not in my top 30.
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

zanjam

Quote from: johnnYYac on Nov 03, 2012, 10:57 AM
I was gonna put in my two cents to defend Just One Thing, then saw that I chose Wordless.  I'm not going to change my vote, but its a close call.  Defining MMJ by Z works for some, but It Still Moves is my defining moment.  I discovered MMJ one month before the release of Evil Urges, yet ISM seems the perfect balance of where MMJ came from and where they were heading.  Z is great, Wordless is iconic, hell, I voted for it.  But Just One Thing is a great song. 

Any given Sunday.
That is hilarious.  I, too, thought it was a close call.  Wordless was one of my first absolute faves (just like Stan.)  But over time I've tired of it a little.  I still love it but DAMN Just One Thing is soooo good.
anything + reverb always = better

Shug

1. Wordless Chorus   very tough to not go Just One Thing, but looks like it'll win anyway
2. Evelyn
3. It Beats 4U
4. Dancefloors
"Some like their water shallow, I like mine deep"

lpkell2145

Pardon me...

I love Wordless Chorus and I actually chose it first. But then changed my mind at the last minute 'cause I measured both songs on the "goosebump meter" and Just One Thing won by a hair.  A very difficult decision though.
20 times I wish you'd understand...

iLikeBeer

1. Just One Thing
2. One In The Same
3. It Beats 4U
4. Dancefloors

BH

1. Wordless Chorus
2. One in the Same
3. It Beats 4U
4. Dancefloors
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

Haldon

1. Wordless
2. Evelyn
3. IB4U
4. Dancefloors

ManNamedTruth

Damn, wordless and Just One Thing gonna go down to the wire like the election on tuesday. **VOTE Wordless 2012**
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

gardenparty

It's a great song but was never one of my favorites.  I'm often suprised that it became such a live staple.   Just One Thing, on the other hand is the song that got me into MMJ in the first place.  Unfortunately it is never/very rarely played live so i think it is in need of some love

vwxg14a

I agree Wordless losing to Just?

Hell, Just isn't even in the top 8 on ISM

Steam Engine, OBH, Mahgeetah, Dancefloors, Golden, Master Plan, IWSYS, Run Thru...

Then Just One Thing (and that throws out Easy Morning Rebel, Rollin' Back, which may or may not be better).

Of course, that said, ISM is an incredible album, and to have 8 greats and 3 almost greats on one album is impressive.

And especially live, Wordless blows away Just.  JMHO.
Pops, Langerado, Lollapalooza, RCMH, Miami Beach, MSG, St Aug, T5.

e_wind

Rollin Back is possibly my favorite Jacket song
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

Murph

Just One Thing
Evelyn
It Beats 4 U
Dancefloors