Jacket Bracket Attack 2012

Started by Ruckus, Oct 11, 2012, 02:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EverythingChanges

I enjoy the jams, they are some of my favorite parts of the show.  Especially when they do on an unsuspecting song.
I wonder why we listen to poets when nobody gives a fuck

lpkell2145

Dondante, Please and Thank you!
20 times I wish you'd understand...

gardenparty

Quote from: EverythingChanges on Jan 12, 2013, 11:22 AM
I enjoy the jams, they are some of my favorite parts of the show.  Especially when they do on an unsuspecting song.

agreed.  It's kind of what they do as a band.   If they're having fun playing it for us i'm more then happy to join them on the adventure.   

Granted the 10 extra minutes could be filled with a Run Through or something  amazing but it could also be filled with a set killer like Look At You or Sec Walking

EverythingChanges

Quote from: gardenparty on Jan 14, 2013, 02:51 PM

agreed.  It's kind of what they do as a band.   If they're having fun playing it for us i'm more then happy to join them on the adventure.   

Granted the 10 extra minutes could be filled with a Run Through or something  amazing but it could also be filled with a set killer like Look At You or Sec Walking

I enjoy both of those songs!

Honestly the only song I don't care to hear live from them is probably Holdin' Onto Black Metal.

gardenparty

Quote from: EverythingChanges on Jan 14, 2013, 03:07 PM

Honestly the only song I don't care to hear live from them is probably Holdin' Onto Black Metal.

exactly to my point that they can't please everyone :smiley: 

when does this wrap up anyways?

bluesky

Steam engine for the win!

(Had to sneak in a mid day post😉)

e_wind

Quote from: gardenparty on Jan 14, 2013, 04:45 PM
Quote from: EverythingChanges on Jan 14, 2013, 03:07 PM

exactly to my point that they can't please everyone :smiley: 

when does this wrap up anyways?

One problem that is my fault: after seeing them 10+times a year, I look for variation. That variation didn't really exist in 2010 and 2011 (its been less than 3 years since my first show). The thing that excites me MOST of all at one of their shows is seeing a song I've never seen before. When Dondante starts, I know that the chances of that happening have greatly diminished. Also, at this point there are only 10 LP songs I haven't seen, so I don't know why I expect it any more. But, yeah.. jamming = taking up By My Car time.
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

gardenparty

Quote from: e_wind on Jan 14, 2013, 05:17 PM
But, yeah.. jamming = taking up By My Car time.

haha, i hear ya.  i think we can all agree the likelyhood of a By My Car is not very likely

mahg33ta

cmon Ruckus we are ready for closing ceremonies

johnnYYac

I wish we could embed audio.

So

I

do believe
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

johnnYYac

Which version of Steam Engine should represent the song? 

I'm thinking this...

Jim James - Steam Engine

Did anyone listen to Engine Steam from the Jim show Jason put up on The Steam Engine blog?  The lyrics were a little different.

"Its not the dream... that makes you sleep.... its not the eyes... that make you see."

http://soundowl.com/track/4v51/
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

vwxg14a

Quote from: mahg33ta on Jan 14, 2013, 05:48 PM
cmon Ruckus we are ready for closing ceremonies

Are we waiting for the Inauguration Day?

All hail, Steam Engine!
Pops, Langerado, Lollapalooza, RCMH, Miami Beach, MSG, St Aug, T5.

EverythingChanges

Ruckus likes to take his sweet time with this thing. 

Jacket Bracket Attack 2013!

lpkell2145

This is so exciting.  I have butterflies! 

20 times I wish you'd understand...

Ruckus

And due to the need for formal closure.......drum rolllllllllll

Steam Engine 20 - Dondante 8

Sorry for the delay but the fun is always getting to the Final Four.  Plus I like when Kyle gets impatient with me.  Maybe in a few years Steam Engine will finally be displaced.

Thanks to everyone for playing and sorry again for the delays following the holidays. 

and yes ill do a deer tick one if someone else runs it ;)
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

gardenparty

Excellent work.  Thanks for doing this!

May need to get the street team going now for war begun or sing you songs in 2013

e_wind

we should do another one thats seeded, to see if that effects the outcome. This one was random, but I'm pretty sure Steam would win regardless.
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

EverythingChanges

zanjam

Nice work, Ruckus!  That was fun.  Now what?
anything + reverb always = better

ItBeats4Jew

Quote from: zanjam on Jan 15, 2013, 06:50 PM
Nice work, Ruckus!  That was fun.  Now what?

isn't it obvious?  we do the inverse and identify the most disliked MMJ song. 
what Madonna said really helped