How Could I Know

Started by e_wind, Oct 16, 2012, 10:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

e_wind

is this the best MMJ song you've ever heard, too?

i cannot get enough of it lately
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

bluesky

it is a Beauty with a capital B!!! thanks for directing me to have a listen this morning

Haldon

johnnYYac

Thanks for putting this into my head.  A great one!  When was this last played live, beside T5-Z?  A forgotten gem.
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

smhoffmann02

I can't understand why this tune isn't WAY more popular.  :huh:
Give me a butt load of reverb on this one - just pile it on.

BH

Love this song too.   Jim's voice is so great in it.   Juussssst let me beeeeeee

Played 22 times total.

17 times in 2004
3 times in 2005
1 time on 1-5-2007 (House of Blues - Anaheim, CA)
1 time on 10-21-2010  (It Still Moves T5)

Classic audio version that also has some banter about the name and it's alternate name, Oxen:

5-28-2004 Toronto, ON at The Opera House
"http://archive.org/details/mmj2004-05-28.flac16"

Hope you don't mind my edit, Dave.  I put the LMA link in quotes to make it work.

I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

johnnYYac

Why was it played during the ISM night at T5?  I have it as track 2 from the Off The Record EP. Also, Oxen is listed during a scene from the Z EPK.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BH

Quote from: johnnYYac on Oct 16, 2012, 03:45 PM
Why was it played during the ISM night at T5?  I have it as track 2 from the Off The Record EP. Also, Oxen is listed during a scene from the Z EPK.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It was definately recorded during the Z sessions but it was played live for the full year or more before Z was released.   Maybe that's why they played it on ISM night???  Or maybe they were just filling in holes as close to where stuff fit as they could.    Technically, at T5, it was played after ISM and before Z just like real life in one long T5 tripped out extravaganza experience!   :smiley:
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

johnnYYac

Quote from: BH on Oct 16, 2012, 02:59 PM
Love this song too.   Jim's voice is so great in it.   Juussssst let me beeeeeee

Played 22 times total.

17 times in 2004
3 times in 2005

Classic audio version that also has some banter about the name and it's alternate name, Oxen:

Hope you don't mind my edit, Dave.  I put the LMA link in quotes to make it work.
This is REQUIRED listening.

Crispy

How Could I Know was the very first song I ever heard MMJ play live. That is all.
"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

jadavis7

I don't think I've ever heard this song (which is pretty amazing). It's not How Do You Know off the Split EP, right?

If not, where can it be found?
My head takes a lickin' but my heart keeps on tickin' just the same

BH

Quote from: jadavis7 on Oct 16, 2012, 04:25 PM
I don't think I've ever heard this song (which is pretty amazing). It's not How Do You Know off the Split EP, right?

There were two versions of the Off The Record single if I remember right.   The "good one" had How Could I Know and the new version of Chills.   Not sure if you can still find it anywhere.   If you can't, let me know.

BH

Quote from: johnnYYac on Oct 16, 2012, 04:15 PM

Played 22 times total.

17 times in 2004
3 times in 2005

Been listening to this at work.   Forgot how great this show was.   Best Masterplan EVER!

LeanneP

My husband was at that show. Trippy! 

Agreed, good show.
Babe, let's get one thing clear, there's much more stardust when you're near.

subinai

Played 22 times total.

17 times in 2004
3 times in 2005

Fully

Quote from: subinai on Oct 16, 2012, 10:36 PM

Played 22 times total.

17 times in 2004
3 times in 2005

I forgot I have this show and how great a show it is. Plus what a recording!

Angelo

Just listened to this track for the first time, makes me wonder what other gems are out there that I haven't heard yet. This song is incredible.

So this was released on the Off The Record release? I think I have this buried somewhere deep in my basement.

e_wind

Quote from: BH on Oct 16, 2012, 04:57 PM

There were two versions of the Off The Record single if I remember right.   The "good one" had How Could I Know and the new version of Chills.   Not sure if you can still find it anywhere.   If you can't, let me know.

i didn't even know that. chills is okay, but this song is out of this world. it could easily be up there as one of their staples with OBH, Mags, Wordless, etc if they made it a more known song

johnnYYac

Quote from: e_wind on Oct 17, 2012, 11:03 AM

i didn't even know that. chills is okay, but this song is out of this world. it could easily be up there as one of their staples with OBH, Mags, Wordless, etc if they made it a more known song
I totally agree.  I'm thinking Spontaneous Curation was a missed opportunity to return this gem into the fold.  Maybe Port Chester could get it, considering its a 3-show, repeat-free, Spontaneously Curated event.  However, Carl said they were working on the setlists for PC soon, so get those requests in ASAP!  I'm not doing PCx3, so I'm staying out of the mix.

e_wind

Quote from: johnnYYac on Oct 17, 2012, 11:13 AM
Quote from: e_wind on Oct 17, 2012, 11:03 AM

I totally agree.  I'm thinking Spontaneous Curation was a missed opportunity to return this gem into the fold.  Maybe Port Chester could get it, considering its a 3-show, repeat-free, Spontaneously Curated event.  However, Carl said they were working on the setlists for PC soon, so get those requests in ASAP!  I'm not doing PCx3, so I'm staying out of the mix.
i started tweeting for it, but it was 2 days ago