New Studio LP

Started by EverythingChanges, Nov 06, 2012, 09:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EverythingChanges

I swear I remember hearing in an interview somewhere that a new studio album is to be released around late spring of 2013.  Is this true, or am I remembering something else?

On a sidenote, JJ is releasing his studio album this February it seems.
I wonder why we listen to poets when nobody gives a fuck

LeanneP

I think they'll be in studio recording in Spring 2013. I'm certain that was what I read. That then led to some speculation about a release in very late 2013 or early 2014.

IIRC, the interview had one of the fellas saying they'd sat down and looked at their schedule for the upcoming year in order to book studio time in spring.  Anyone have a link to that?
Babe, let's get one thing clear, there's much more stardust when you're near.

Northern Neighbour

Quote from: LeanneP on Nov 06, 2012, 09:23 AM
I think they'll be in studio recording in Spring 2013. I'm certain that was what I read. That then led to some speculation about a release in very late 2013 or early 2014.

IIRC, the interview had one of the fellas saying they'd sat down and looked at their schedule for the upcoming year in order to book studio time in spring.  Anyone have a link to that?

Yep.  The plan is for the band to be back in the studio some time in May or so, right after Jim promotes his solo album.

CHIMMJFAN

Also I believe Jim will be doing a small tour to promote his solo album prior to jumping in the studio with the guys in Spring/13. So I guess from Springtime until who knows, the end of 2013 might be tough for us fans!

CHIMMJFAN
"He got tired of walkin' a tightrope"

johnnYYac

I'm not sure what to think about the potential recording and release of a new MMJ album.  A fall/winter 2013 release might be optimistic.

I first got wind that Jim's solo album was finished back in January of this year!  Its going to be more than a year from its completion to its release.  I suppose they wanted to be done with touring so his solo effort wouldn't get lost in MMJ's shadow. 

Still, I love how active the guys stay, whether supporting other musicians on the road or in the studio, or on their own.  Also, let's hope they carve out some time to approve the mixing and packaging of the Terminal 5 box set! 
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

EverythingChanges

Quote from: johnnYYac on Nov 06, 2012, 05:11 PM
I'm not sure what to think about the potential recording and release of a new MMJ album.  A fall/winter 2013 release might be optimistic.

I first got wind that Jim's solo album was finished back in January of this year!  Its going to be more than a year from its completion to its release.  I suppose they wanted to be done with touring so his solo effort wouldn't get lost in MMJ's shadow. 

Still, I love how active the guys stay, whether supporting other musicians on the road or in the studio, or on their own.  Also, let's hope they carve out some time to approve the mixing and packaging of the Terminal 5 box set!

I'm so excited to see where the guys go next with their upcoming LP.  It is the most exciting release yet for me, since EU was out when my brother introduced me to them and I was not a die hard fan until after Circuital.  I've seen them twice since Circuital (2011 at White River State Park, IN and at Forecastle 2012).  I wish I could have seen them more by now, but I am a poor college student and MMJ doesn't make too many stops close enough to me.

The T5 box set will be so wonderful! Probably the single best musical compilation I will own.  Any idea what the cost might be? 

johnnYYac

Quote from: EverythingChanges on Nov 06, 2012, 06:44 PM
Quote from: johnnYYac on Nov 06, 2012, 05:11 PM

I'm so excited to see where the guys go next with their upcoming LP.  It is the most exciting release yet for me, since EU was out when my brother introduced me to them and I was not a die hard fan until after Circuital.  I've seen them twice since Circuital (2011 at White River State Park, IN and at Forecastle 2012).  I wish I could have seen them more by now, but I am a poor college student and MMJ doesn't make too many stops close enough to me.

The T5 box set will be so wonderful! Probably the single best musical compilation I will own.  Any idea what the cost might be?
I've got no inside info on any T5 release, just speculation... and optimistic desire.
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

LeanneP

I wrote on the old new forum about what recording timelines are like. I think an early to spring 2014 release is probably most likely. Christmas 2013 sounds too tight given releases are generally released in conjunction with a steady tour.
Babe, let's get one thing clear, there's much more stardust when you're near.

GO4IT

These timelines sound about right which means no tour in 2013 but certainly Jim on the road for a few shows to promote his new album and perhaps some random appearances of the band during the year (one can hope!).

I'm going to soak up as much as I can in Port Chester and hope it carries me through the dry spell to come.

EverythingChanges

Quote from: GO4IT on Nov 07, 2012, 10:35 PM
These timelines sound about right which means no tour in 2013 but certainly Jim on the road for a few shows to promote his new album and perhaps some random appearances of the band during the year (one can hope!).

I'm going to soak up as much as I can in Port Chester and hope it carries me through the dry spell to come.

They better play in Louisville at least! I can't go a year without seeing them.

Fully

You and me both.

smhoffmann02

The thought of no live MMJ in the foreseeable future for me is devastating.

Any chance in hell for JWF3?
Give me a butt load of reverb on this one - just pile it on.

smhoffmann02

Quote from: Fully on Nov 08, 2012, 05:53 AM

You and me both.
Any chance in hell there will be a JFW3?

Crispy

Quote from: smhoffmann02 on Nov 08, 2012, 02:42 PM

You and me both.

Of course there will, bank on it! Now, whether or not the band shows up is another question...
"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

MamaKel

While it stinks to think of no Jack-Attacks for a while, I think they've been out on the circuit for a while...I'll be nice for them to get a break to make some new beautiful music, am I right?! I like to think about it not in terms of what I will be missing out on, but rather, what I am waiting for...trying to imagine it makes my head melty, mushy, and happy.

MamaKel

*It'll be nice...
Quote from: MamaKel on Nov 08, 2012, 04:33 PM
While it stinks to think of no Jack-Attacks for a while, I think they've been out on the circuit for a while...I'll be nice for them to get a break to make some new beautiful music, am I right?! I like to think about it not in terms of what I will be missing out on, but rather, what I am waiting for...trying to imagine it makes my head melty, mushy, and happy.

smhoffmann02

Quote from: Crispy on Nov 08, 2012, 03:10 PM
Quote from: smhoffmann02 on Nov 08, 2012, 02:42 PM

You and me both.

Of course there will, bank on it! Now, whether or not the band shows up is another question...

:wink:

smhoffmann02

Quote from: MamaKel on Nov 08, 2012, 04:34 PM
*It'll be nice...
Quote from: MamaKel on Nov 08, 2012, 04:33 PM

Of course, yes.  But still...

oistheone

Here is the link to the original article:

http://www.baltimoresun.com/entertainment/music/midnight-sun-blog/bs-ae-my-morning-jacket-interview-20120815,0,7452000.story

By the sounds of it, 2013 will be a quiet year Jacket-wise. I've got my fingers crossed quite tightly for the T5 box to be released sometime late 2013, but other than that and the JJ solo album/tour, I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't hear much from the boys. At this point I just can't wait to hear new music! And if they've gotta go away for a whole year in order for them to create it, so be it. It will make "2014: Return of the Jacket" that much sweeter.

walterfredo

Quote from: EverythingChanges on Nov 06, 2012, 06:44 PM

Priceless.