Main Menu

Swedish Music

Started by Ruckus, Nov 16, 2012, 08:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ruckus

SARA!  the last thread disappeared!

This puppy had to be restarted because they are such a prodigious music making country.  5 of my top albums of the year are:

Graveyard - Lights Out
The Amazing - Gentle Stream
First Aid Kit- The Lion's Roar (my favorite)
Meshuggah - Koloss
Tallest Man on Earth - There's No Leaving Now

Just amazing stuff!  My apologies if the thread still exists though I fear it was vaporized in the switch from the old old forum to the old forum that is again the current forum.
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

wolof7

Graveyard - Lights Out

Non-stop for me right now!
Oh, I will dine on honey dew And drink the Milk of Paradiseeeee

LeanneP

Opeth!  (Mikael Akerfeldt is the yum!)
Spiders
Babe, let's get one thing clear, there's much more stardust when you're near.

SaraBananaBear

Woop! Thanks for bringing it back! :thumbsup: I don't know how it is that everyone knows more about Swedish music than I do, I'll probably be exiled shortly...

So in case any Swedish authority is reading this (likely), I'd like to say that I love Robyn, especially this song:

And this Hello Saferide song:

And this Tiger Lou song:

And this Oh Laura song:

And I'll be checking out all the other mentions shortly... Can't have you out-Swedish me!  :wink:
Europe ♥ My Morning Jacket

Jaimoe

Albums by The Refused, early The International Noise Conspiracy and The Soundtrack Of Our Lives belong in anyone with taste's record collection.

BH

I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

SaraBananaBear

Europe ♥ My Morning Jacket

Ruckus

LeanneP

That Graveyard is awesome!  Apparently we got a bunch of copies today. I really have to get my husband on the forum - apparently he's Graveyard's Canadian publicist (and has worked for other bands listed so far.)

He reminded me of a couple other Swedish bands:

Peter John and Bjorn
Jens Lekman
Bathory
Bob Hund (Sweden's answer to Pavement)

Ruckus

Quote from: LeanneP on Nov 17, 2012, 01:00 AM
That Graveyard is awesome!  Apparently we got a bunch of copies today. I really have to get my husband on the forum - apparently he's Graveyard's Canadian publicist (and has worked for other bands listed so far.)

Peter John and Bjorn
Jens Lekman
Bathory
Cool!  Sounds like the hubby does work for some real good bands.  Graveyard just rocks and sometimes all I want is some kick ass hard rock n' roll.

Thanks hansandreas for introducing me to them :beer:

HansAndreas

Quote from: Ruckus on Nov 17, 2012, 11:23 AM

Peter John and Bjorn
Jens Lekman
Bathory
Cool!  Sounds like the hubby does work for some real good bands.  Graveyard just rocks and sometimes all I want is some kick ass hard rock n' roll.

You're welcome Ruckus. Cool that he mentions Bathory, one of the most legendary black-metal bands.

Jaimoe

Quote from: Jaimoe on Nov 16, 2012, 10:44 AM
Albums by The Refused, early The International Noise Conspiracy and The Soundtrack Of Our Lives belong in anyone with taste's record collection.

In fact, it was four new bands in early 2000s that restored my faith in rock: The International Noise Conspiracy, The White Stripes, MMJ and TSOOL.  Goddamit but TSOOL are impossible to dislike: an intentional hybrid of Stones + Stooges + Who+ Beatles + Pink Floyd, and they also are one of the best live bands on the planet.

Soundtrack Of Our Lives Sister Surround Live Jools Holland 2002

LeanneP

Quote from: HansAndreas on Nov 17, 2012, 12:51 PM

Peter John and Bjorn
Jens Lekman
Bathory

You're welcome Ruckus. Cool that he mentions Bathory, one of the most legendary black-metal bands.

Ruckus, yes he does! 

Hansandreas, my husband likes to say this is our wedding photo:

HansAndreas

Quote from: LeanneP on Nov 17, 2012, 05:51 PM

Peter John and Bjorn
Jens Lekman
Bathory

Ruckus, yes he does! 

Hahaha very nice :) They're Norweigan ;-)

HansAndreas

Peter John and Bjorn
Jens Lekman
Bathory

Ruckus, yes he does! 

HansAndreas

Peter John and Bjorn
Jens Lekman
Bathory

Ruckus, yes he does! 

Hahaha..say hello to Abbath from me :)

LeanneP

Quote from: HansAndreas on Nov 17, 2012, 07:19 PM

I know, but since you knew and appreciated Bathory, I figured you'd enjoy the Immortal  :thumbsup:

Penny Lane

Quote from: LeanneP on Nov 17, 2012, 07:24 PM
Quote from: HansAndreas on Nov 17, 2012, 07:19 PM

I know, but since you knew and appreciated Bathory, I figured you'd enjoy the Immortal  :thumbsup:

tiredeyes (Bill) from here had a Bathory shirt on yesterday but the caligraphy was weird, i kept asking him why he had a 'Batlord' shirt on..he was getting annoyed.

okay checking out Graveyard now.

and First Aid Kit--in my top five albums of the year.
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

iLikeBeer

Jose Gonzalez and Junip are two Swedish favorites of mine.  Also Jaimoe, agree with you on TSOOL...  :thumbsup:

José González - How Low - A Take Away Show

Junip - Without You (Live on KEXP)

alienlanes

Some of my favourite Swedish bands/performers are

Bathory
Watain
Edge of Sanity
Grave (first three albums!)
Candlemass
Bob Hund
Jens Lekman (actually released his first album on our label in Canada)
Graveyard
Entombed
Death Breath
Disfear

okay, that's enough to start with

:thumbsup: