JEFF the Brotherhood

Started by capt. scotty, Jun 20, 2011, 10:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

manonthemoon

Quote from: bold992006 on Feb 06, 2012, 03:42 PM
Saw these guys friday open for the Kills....I thought they were great.  Nice heavy scuzzy sound.  A few songs did sound like Weezer but nothing wrong with that...my favorite part was watching Allison from the Kills singing along to every word of their last few songs.

I saw them on Thursday and Allison was out there watching the whole set from the upper area where acts stand sometime.  These guys kill it when on stage, but they got to get a stage crew as they arrived late to the gig and then had to hurry the setup after The Hunters.  The did an okay job, but the vocals seemed a little off as you could barely hear them over the riffs and drums when standing right at the front of the stage.  Of course the NPR recordings of the set were fine so it could of been more about location.  Would love to see them do Forecastle.
Alive or Just Breathing

YouAre_GivenToFly

I listened to "Heavy Days" for the first time this past weekend, and I'm mad at myself for not picking up on these guys earlier. Haven't had a chance to listen to anything else, but so far so good.
The wind blew me back, via Chicago, in the middle of the night.

Ruckus

Quote from: YouAre_GivenToFly on Mar 20, 2012, 07:23 PM
I listened to "Heavy Days" for the first time this past weekend, and I'm mad at myself for not picking up on these guys earlier. Haven't had a chance to listen to anything else, but so far so good.
Looking forward to their set at Forecastle.  I'm curious as to what your take will be on We Are the Champions
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

YouAre_GivenToFly

Ruckus

Yes!  June 15th.  Red Palace!  I'm in. 

manonthemoon

In as well for the 15th, so psyched to see them again this year, especially since they are headlining this time so I would expect a longer set.

I guess I might see you at the Filmore for Mastodon and also for Baroness in May.
Alive or Just Breathing

Ruckus

Quote from: manonthemoon on Mar 28, 2012, 11:24 PM
In as well for the 15th, so psyched to see them again this year, especially since they are headlining this time so I would expect a longer set.

I guess I might see you at the Filmore for Mastodon and also for Baroness in May.
What's up Brett?!  Me and Kate will be at Red Palace for sure.  Love that venue.  First time there was for Futurebirds and loved it.  Perfect space for JTB.  Looking forward to seeing you guys again.

I won't be at either of those metal shows.  We're going to Philly for Baroness, Meshuggah but nothing in DC.

MrWhippy

Quote from: Ruckus on Mar 29, 2012, 12:47 AM

What's up Brett?!  Me and Kate will be at Red Palace for sure.  Love that venue.  First time there was for Futurebirds and loved it.  Perfect space for JTB.  Looking forward to seeing you guys again.

I won't be at either of those metal shows.  We're going to Philly for Baroness, Meshuggah but nothing in DC.

I'm also likely in for the Red Palace show.  Agreed that it's a great venue, and seriously intimate.

Brett, I'll be at both the metal shows at the Fillmore in May, it would be fun to meet up if you would like.  I'll be in touch as they get closer.  I'm going to Baroness/Meshuggah with a friend, but Opeth/Mastodon by myself at this point.
My heart can't wait to meet you on the other side.

manonthemoon

Quote from: MrWhippy on Mar 29, 2012, 05:48 AM
Quote from: Ruckus on Mar 29, 2012, 12:47 AM

I'm also likely in for the Red Palace show.  Agreed that it's a great venue, and seriously intimate.

Brett, I'll be at both the metal shows at the Fillmore in May, it would be fun to meet up if you would like.  I'll be in touch as they get closer.  I'm going to Baroness/Meshuggah with a friend, but Opeth/Mastodon by myself at this point.

So its own for the Red Palace, it'll be good to see you guys and Kate once again.

Mr. Whippy definately let me know if you end up going to the both shows, we're already got our tickets for Mastodon and should be getting our Broness ones shortly, might be with another couple  for this one, but would still not mind meeting up.  Just let  me know, cheers.
Alive or Just Breathing

YouAre_GivenToFly

Listened to their "Live at Third Man" release last night... looking forward to seeing these guys live.

oistheone

Quote from: YouAre_GivenToFly on Apr 02, 2012, 01:36 PM
Listened to their "Live at Third Man" release last night... looking forward to seeing these guys live.

How is that album? Been pretty tempted to pick it up the last couple of weeks.

YouAre_GivenToFly

Quote from: oistheone on Apr 02, 2012, 02:31 PM
Quote from: YouAre_GivenToFly on Apr 02, 2012, 01:36 PM

How is that album? Been pretty tempted to pick it up the last couple of weeks.

Solid. Not a must have, but they sound good.

manonthemoon

Saw JEFF last night at the Fillmore where they played with the worst band I have seen in a long time, Fidlar, and Delta Spirt, who I'm not too big on either.  Their set was solid, if a bit short since they were the middle band.  It was great to hear I'm A Freak which they don't play a ton of to finish off the set and it was only 2/5 of stuff off the new album which was good as its not really their best work besides Staring at the Wall and the Ozzy cover.  I was surounded in a sea of hipsters though, it was quite the experience.
Alive or Just Breathing