Main Menu

Grab a Body

Started by e_wind, Nov 22, 2012, 12:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

e_wind

So I assume that by tomorrow we'll all have heard it, so I don't feel morally obligated to keep my thoughts under wraps at this point. It's instrumental, and I can't say I'm surprised. I figured it may be another part in the Self-Hypnosis series. It's too bad its just an instrumental that will never get any real support because it is BAD ASS. With lyrics to make it accessible it couldve been their best song since Smokin'.

There is a nice surprise that everyone will recognize in the last minute or so of it.
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

CHIMMJFAN

Can't wait to hear it. I'm both excited and a bit disappointed. I was looking forward to a full new song from MMJ but hey anything new is good with me! Crossing my fingers the record store by me will have this tomorrow. I was basically just told, show up at 9am with no guarantee they would have it.

CHIMMJFAN
"He got tired of walkin' a tightrope"

davymac

I'm too excited...I'm going to be in portland tomorrow, I need to locate a good record store, otherwise I'll have to wait until I get back in Georgia.

johnnYYac

The use of that outro makes me wonder if this song is from the era of ISM, though the recording is likely more recent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

GO4IT

Yeah, the outro was a bit of a surprise.  Perhaps it's just a function of the re-mixing that Jim is into these days.  It woke me up after being put to sleep by what came before.  I've changed my tune in the past after the first listen to MMJ tunes but this simply doesn't carry the uniqueness and creativity that I'm used to in this band. Thankfully, It Makes No Difference, is a real gem.

TheThird

So it's instrumental? I gotta say that's a tad disappointing  :embarrassed: I guess I was just looking forward to a song that i could sing along with at the top of my lungs. But once I hear it, I'm sure I'll love it just like everything else  :thumbsup:
[url="http://www.discogs.com/user/TheThird/collection"]http://www.discogs.com/user/TheThird/collection[/url]

mahg33ta

I'll listen to whatever they throw my way but I get the feeling the song will be a non-event in the MMJ lore when all is said and done.    Enjoyable listen but I dont' see it winning any votes on Jacket Bracket anytime soon.

bartel

bddeat

I'm loving this track, it has 'It Still Moves' written all over it! I broke down and purchased the vinyl even though I don't have access to a record player. I must say a digital download to an unreleased track and another recording of my favorite Band tune was well worth the 6 bucks. My local record store in Bowling Green, Ky had a surplus of these vinyls and I would be more than happy to send it to any MMJ lovers on here who couldn't get their hands on it. I'm looking forward to getting the Port Chester official bootleg and am hoping this sweet little tune makes its way into the setlist!

CountSA

Can someone upload this song?  After getting shut out at the record store I'm dying to hear this track.

Mr. White

I think it is very smooth. It's nice!
Kentuckians For The Commonwealth (KFTC) Member Since 2011

sweatboard

You are my favorite band in the world and your serve this b-side up for a record I drove 45min. each way to get?  Not to cool, in by book.   :undecided:

I will admit I've played side A at least 5 times tonight and it made me cry at least twice times out of those five....so There's that.
There's Still Time.........

zanjam

Move on Up/Phone Went West instrumental version?  Me likey!!!
anything + reverb always = better

br00ke

i love this song so hard and yeah, the outro  :thumbsup: and i say who knows what the future brings for this song ... it could grow and possibly develop some lyrics or more likely and quite tasty, make for some badass segues between our favorite songs.

bluesky

Quote from: br00ke on Nov 24, 2012, 09:53 AM
i love this song so hard and yeah, the outro  :thumbsup: and i say who knows what the future brings for this song ... it could grow and possibly develop some lyrics or more likely and quite tasty, make for some badass segues between our favorite songs.

it gets into my head every morning right now

bartel

it's a pretty awesome track.. horns and MMJ = epic.

jadavis7

Neither of the independent record stores in Memphis had release. I was so bummed. I can't wait to hear this song, though!
My head takes a lickin' but my heart keeps on tickin' just the same

subinai

johnnYYac

subinai tweeted Tommy as to the origin of Grab a Body and got a response...

Quote from: subinai on Nov 25, 2012, 12:15 PM
yac - tom responded to my tweet. confirmed its from ISM sessions

The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

zanjam

Quote from: johnnYYac on Nov 25, 2012, 02:23 PM
subinai tweeted Tommy as to the origin of Grab a Body and got a response...

Quote from: subinai on Nov 25, 2012, 12:15 PM
yac - tom responded to my tweet. confirmed its from ISM sessions

That's pretty fucking cool!  That Tom responded and that it's from ISM sessions!
anything + reverb always = better