Main Menu

Money for Nothing

Started by MamaKel, Dec 05, 2012, 06:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MamaKel

So, my bro and I were putting up Christmas lights and this song came on the ol' radio.  I started listening to it, and have no idea what the fuck it is about. Like...something about a microwave and a refrigerator...and getting either chips or chicks for free.  We thought it might be about a guy who can't get any chicks because his microwave can never heat up the burritos he keeps in his refrigerator...but it's anyone's guess.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jy6ennSQGbs

exist10z

It was the end of the 'good' (sometimes great) Dire Straits.  Loved it at the time though...
Sisyphus - Just rollin' that rock up the hill, and hoping it doesn't crush me on the way back down..

zanjam

Everything you always wanted to know about Money for Nothing:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Money_for_Nothing_%28song%29
anything + reverb always = better

MamaKel

Dire Straits was sometimes great, right? Like, there was just something about a lot of their songs that was just so emotional...

But that song just like hits the wrong chord from the go for me...but I am so glad ZanJam just posted that Wikipedia!!! Thank you! For some reason, that piece of information will come in handy 2 years from now. :beer:

zanjam

Quote from: MamaKel on Dec 05, 2012, 07:24 PM
Dire Straits was sometimes great, right? Like, there was just something about a lot of their songs that was just so emotional...
Dire Straits / Dire Straits is one of my favorite albums of all time.  Their MTV era stuff, not so much...
anything + reverb always = better

exist10z

Quote from: zanjam on Dec 05, 2012, 07:37 PM
Quote from: MamaKel on Dec 05, 2012, 07:24 PM
Dire Straits / Dire Straits is one of my favorite albums of all time.  Their MTV era stuff, not so much...

Perfectly correct. :thumbsup:
Sisyphus - Just rollin' that rock up the hill, and hoping it doesn't crush me on the way back down..