In appreciation of all of you

Started by Haldon, Dec 30, 2012, 02:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Haldon

I'm riding the train up to Boston, and felt compelled to write down this little message.

I'm so thankful that there are so many wonderful folks who come out to these shows.  As much as I looooove rocking out during the show, I enjoy hanging out with each if you before hand just as much.  It's not often that a south Floridian chooses to spend his day just standing in the cold, the wet, or the snowy weather....but if I ever had to do it again, I'd hope that I'd be looking at your bearded and/or beautiful faces.

So thanks so much for being the great, enjoyable, fanatical assholes that you are.

If you'll be in Boston, I look forward to seeing you there.  If not, I can't wait till next time.

Love,
Haldon

danz

Fully

Very sweet, Haldon. You made the long wait worth it.

MrWhippy

Great to see you again, too, and the hours waiting in front of the Cap Th. in the cold, rain, and snow was all worthwhile due to the great company.
My heart can't wait to meet you on the other side.

headhunter

Haldon, you speak the truth.  I love hamging with all of our crazy forum folks pre-show almost as much as I enjoynrocking out to MMJ on the rail at the shows.

No doubt that the wonderful community of people we have amassed and become friends with over the years is amajor reason why so many of us travelfrom so far to thesespecial shows.

Can't wait until the next time weget to do it again.

Happy New Year to all of you wonderful and crazy people.
was some shakin' and some record playin'

tdb810

I get so happy when I get to see everyone before a show! It truly is my favorite part. I am also always so impressed with the dedication that our little community has to seeing this band play live.
In a moment of reflection last night, I was Thinking how neat it would be if the band knew, through a love letter of sorts, all of their fan's stories, and the lengths they go to in order to be present for a few hours of magic. Such a wonderfully intelligent, caring, compassionate, loving, and spirited group of people you all are! I mean really! Just to name a few of the people I was thinking of in particular:

Sarabananabear all the way from Sweden!

Mountain girl and hubby for her Christmas surprise all the way from Utah - patching together childcare and flights and all that - and Mr and Mrs Headhunter hosting them.

Mr and Mrs Northern Neighbor from Canada -- well, missing night one, after Mr NN single-handedly negotiated all of the PC/Boston hotels!

Crispy, MsY, and Haldon - Dedicated to that early line up reminiscent of T5 days.

Scosby2 - nurse, tweeter, and can name that tune before ANYONE!

DeathStick - with his beautiful posters!

And there are SO many more stories!!!!
So many stories and so much sacrificed to behold the glory that is a live Jacket show. Impressive. Love u guys!

.....Back at the Model Home

e_wind

Yup. I was saying to someone last night that I don't think if be nearly as motivated to travel if it wasn't for you all. It's half the experience, for sure. I love seeing everyone, and meeting new people.
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

headhunter

Well put Trish.  This merry gang of dedicated and friendly peeps has made for a special and unique community.  As much as we all love the band, the community of people is what encourages each and every one of us to travel so far and to share so much.

I posted these pix in another thread too but it seems appropriate here.   Until we all meet again, a healthy & a happy new year to all of you.

http://s1047.beta.photobucket.com/user/jgsvinyl/story/23591
was some shakin' and some record playin'

APR

What a blast.  Everyone is so happy and friendly.  Thanks Liz and Jeff..... the JJ Holiday card and the commemorative bumper stickers are fine examples of generosity and thoughtfulness that is so present on here.   I'm already (in reality always) looking forward to the next MMJ show. 

All of you in Boston and soon to be in NJ, have fun and please report the highlights to us those of us missing it.

Penny Lane

Thanks to everyone as well! Half of the joy is the music, half is the camraderie...no better group of fans anywhere. I love the spirit and fortitude you all have traveling from all over, saving spots, bitching out security, drinking heavily into the night...taking videos and instanteously posting them, banding together against common enemies (BOARDIES!!!??)...XOX Happy New Year. Hope to see you all on the MMJ Cruise in 2013. (Fully and Tater are committee Chairs)
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

Fully

I too am very thankful for all of you. This group is so fun to travel with. Whippy, scosby, tubetop, Penny, Crispy, ericm all went out of their way in some form to take care of me on this trip. When I tell people that I'm doing these trips, they always say, "You're going alone?" as if I'm going alone. But none of us are alone on this or any other trip. You people make it 127.3 times more enjoyable. I love and miss you all. And I can't wait to see you again. (Band - we like this idea of a holiday vacation, but can it be somewhere warmer next time? We all have colds from being in the cold all day, so that cruise idea isn't bad or maybe just a warm island somewhere.

MrWhippy

Quote from: Fully on Jan 02, 2013, 03:01 PM
I too am very thankful for all of you. This group is so fun to travel with. Whippy, scosby, tubetop, Penny, Crispy, ericm all went out of their way in some form to take care of me on this trip. When I tell people that I'm doing these trips, they always say, "You're going alone?" as if I'm going alone. But none of us are alone on this or any other trip. You people make it 127.3 times more enjoyable. I love and miss you all. And I can't wait to see you again. (Band - we like this idea of a holiday vacation, but can it be somewhere warmer next time? We all have colds from being in the cold all day, so that cruise idea isn't bad or maybe just a warm island somewhere.

Nah, let's keep it in a cold climate.  Weeds out the weaklings and the less rail-committed.
My heart can't wait to meet you on the other side.

Taterbug

Quote from: Penny Lane on Jan 02, 2013, 02:32 PM
Thanks to everyone as well! Half of the joy is the music, half is the camraderie...no better group of fans anywhere. I love the spirit and fortitude you all have traveling from all over, saving spots, bitching out security, drinking heavily into the night...taking videos and instanteously posting them, banding together against common enemies (BOARDIES!!!??)...XOX Happy New Year. Hope to see you all on the MMJ Cruise in 2013. (Fully and Tater are committee Chairs)

Penny, So a Committee Chair Person is in charge of delegating, correct ?  I delegate you to be in charge of the hotdog stand on the  Pantless Deck  :thumbsup:
"Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle" Honest Abe

Penny Lane

Quote from: Taterbug on Jan 02, 2013, 04:22 PM

Penny, So a Committee Chair Person is in charge of delegating, correct ?  I delegate you to be in charge of the hotdog stand on the  Pantless Deck  :thumbsup:

no, i meant you're LITERALLY in charge of chairs...deck chairs? clearly that's all you and Fully can be trusted with..

PS--no weiners on the poop deck!
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

Angelo

I too must say it was great meeting all of you lovely people. What an awesome group of people you all are. Thank you Kyle, Haldon, Fully, Yac, Chris, danz(?), Fiddle. Thanks for making the trip and experience that much greater.

One last thing, I proposed to my gf yesterday before we left the hotel and she said yes! Crazy! So there's yet another reason for me to never, ever forget this trip.

Fully

Quote from: Penny Lane on Jan 02, 2013, 04:24 PM

no, i meant you're LITERALLY in charge of chairs...deck chairs? clearly that's all you and Fully can be trusted with..

If one had a weiner on the poop deck, would there be some sort of operation to fix it? Or is this turning into an anti-Phone Went West rant? Cause you all know what I'm convinced that song is about.  (This is why I can't be in charge of anything; I spend too much time thinking about Jim's love of backdoor lovin')

Also, Angelo! Way to go on that one! Great meeting you in person too!

Taterbug

Quote from: Penny Lane on Jan 02, 2013, 04:24 PM

Thanks for clarifying Penny.  That might even be to much responsibility for me to handle.   I tried to sneak a wiener onto the poop deck once but got busted.  Now I'm banned for life. 
"Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle" Honest Abe

Ruckus

Thank you MMJ for putting on three of the best sets of music I've ever witnessed!  As for the fans, you're so on point Haldon.  Although I never have taken part in the line parties, it's always great to walk by and say hi to everyone you badasses :beer:

A special thanks to Whippy and ynwa (Liz) for hooking me up with two single floors for the Saturday shows.  Two friends that I met at the first show who were from Pittsburgh, who I'm sure many others met and hung out with as well, had plans to leave on Saturday.  Due to the weather, their flight was cancelled.  With a little scrambling, you guys came through and got them the floors at face and they were extremely grateful.  Thanks again :thumbsup:
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

johnnYYac

Quote from: Angelo on Jan 02, 2013, 04:26 PM
I too must say it was great meeting all of you lovely people. What an awesome group of people you all are. Thank you Kyle, Haldon, Fully, Yac, Chris, danz(?), Fiddle. Thanks for making the trip and experience that much greater.

One last thing, I proposed to my gf yesterday before we left the hotel and she said yes! Crazy! So there's yet another reason for me to never, ever forget this trip.
That is awesome!  Congrats to you both!  Now you have to set a date that coincides with another MMJ show, if you can wait that long!  Great seeing you and everyone, as always.  :kiss:
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

Angelo

Quote from: johnnYYac on Jan 02, 2013, 08:53 PM
Quote from: Angelo on Jan 02, 2013, 04:26 PM

That is awesome!  Congrats to you both!  Now you have to set a date that coincides with another MMJ show, if you can wait that long!  Great seeing you and everyone, as always.  :kiss:

Haha, thanks. Now you're talking, however I'm not sure she'd go for that. I sure as hell wouldn't mind though!

Oh and also great meeting you NN and Sara. I hope you both have safe and uneventful (in the good way) flights home.