New Year's Non-MMJ Playlists

Started by MamaKel, Dec 31, 2012, 06:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MamaKel

Since I'm not ringing in the New Year with MMJ, I thought I'd make a short playlist of tunes that I'll be ringing in the New Year with...feel free to add your own.

Wilco - " I Am Trying To Break Your Heart "
I Am Trying To Break Your Heart

Babylon System (I don't come to bow...)
Babylon System (I DON'T COME TO BOW, I COME TO CONQUER)

Joss Stone & Melissa Etheridge
Piece of My Heart...there's something particularly defiant about Melissa Etheridge singing this after battling Cancer...which I really respect

The Clash - London Calling
London Calling

Five To One (Live Roundhouse London)
5 to 1

"Well I looked my demons in the eye, lay bare my chest...said do your best to destroy me. You see, I've been to hell and back so many times, I must admit, you kind of bore me." -Ray LaMontage

Jaimoe

I'm heading to, gasp, a suburb outside Toronto, so good tunes will be questionable at best.

MamaKel

You bring the music, my friend...the suburbs need the influence!!! :beer:

Jaimoe

I don't venture out to the hinterland too often, but my friend lives in burbs of a small nice town 40kms from downtown Toronto.

MamaKel

I live 20 miles outside Chicago, and it's a lovely place to live. Lots of really good people. And a lot of the music I know and love came from within its suburban landscapes... :smiley:  But...I AM going to the city... :cheesy: :beer:

Mr. White

Quote from: Hawkeye on Dec 31, 2012, 08:04 PM
Grateful Dead - Fire On The Mountain 12-31-78

I just love this video! When it came out on DVD a few years ago, I made my younger brother and my parents watch this whole New Year's Eve show to bring in the new year (about 30 years late)!
Kentuckians For The Commonwealth (KFTC) Member Since 2011

MamaKel

Fuck, man.  I'm not gonna lie, I almost didn't listen to the songs you posted because I have a real aversion to Hall & Oates.  But I did...because @Tracy2112 suggested listening to things that you don't like...and as it turns out, I really loved it. And I'm so glad I listened to it.  Thank you.  Now, I like Hall...and like Oates from Red Rocks...maybe, just maybe, I will someday like Hall & Oates together.

Also, doesn't Jim look kinda like Jerry next to Donna?

P.S. TONIGHT IS THE ANNIVERSARY OF DONNA'S FIRST SHOW!!!!

MamaKel

Here's to letting your freak flag fly...and doing shit you fear.  I am going to listen to shit I don't like...I am actually going to dress like a weirdo and go have fun...and I hope you do the same.  Here's to everyone doing new things that make them happy. God Bless you fine folks.
"If 6 Was 9." Jimi Hendrix Experience

YimYodd

Mama
I also read Tracys' suggestion about listening  to music I hate. Gonna do it , just so many choices I haven't begun to narrow it down yet.
On the other hand, lots of good stuff at Daryl's House.
Check out the archives ( 60 or so episodes) of the paladia channel show here.
    http://www.livefromdarylshouse.com/welcome.html

New bands, classic artists and ensembles, classic H&O hits , Oates makes a few appearances. Good food!
Check it out, Groovy Mama :cool:
My heart pumps away for your loving touch, My Sweet Juls. You know I never, I Never Could Get Enough

YimYodd

Quote from: MamaKel on Dec 31, 2012, 08:36 PM
Here's to letting your freak flag fly...and doing shit you fear.  I am going to listen to shit I don't like...I am actually going to dress like a weirdo and go have fun...and I hope you do the same.  Here's to everyone doing new things that make them happy. God Bless you fine folks.
"If 6 Was 9." Jimi Hendrix Experience

" cause I got my own world to live through and I ain't gonna copy you." :cool:
My heart pumps away for your loving touch, My Sweet Juls. You know I never, I Never Could Get Enough

Hawkeye

Quote from: Mr. White on Dec 31, 2012, 08:15 PM
Quote from: Hawkeye on Dec 31, 2012, 08:04 PM
Grateful Dead - Fire On The Mountain 12-31-78

I just love this video! When it came out on DVD a few years ago, I made my younger brother and my parents watch this whole New Year's Eve show to bring in the new year (about 30 years late)!

Watchin' it right now, man  :cool:

Always puts me in the NYE mood!
We could.

YimYodd

Quote from: MamaKel on Dec 31, 2012, 08:27 PM
Fuck, man.  I'm not gonna lie, I almost didn't listen to the songs you posted because I have a real aversion to Hall & Oates.  But I did...because @Tracy2112 suggested listening to things that you don't like...and as it turns out, I really loved it. And I'm so glad I listened to it.  Thank you.  Now, I like Hall...and like Oates from Red Rocks...maybe, just maybe, I will someday like Hall & Oates together.

Also, doesn't Jim look kinda like Jerry next to Donna?

P.S. TONIGHT IS THE ANNIVERSARY OF DONNA'S FIRST SHOW!!!!
FROM THE NYE COVERS THREAD

Quote from: Penny Lane on Dec 07, 2012, 01:24 PM
Quote from: justbcuzido on Dec 07, 2012, 10:47 AM
Hall & Oates - Rich Girl
This could be so over the top in awesomeness I wouldn't know what to do with myself.

I mentioned this years ago! I'd also love to hear Jim do Sara (or Penny) smiles..

Penny, do you live in Austin per chance, and did we sing Hall & Oates together? A few weeks back I was at a piano bar called Donn's Depot and they were taking requests so I kept saying "Rich Girl". The couple next to me started a 10 minute speech about how much they love Hall & Oates, in particular Sara Smiles. So the piano player says he can play it, but doesn't know the words..... I get up on the stage and sing it to the entire bar with this couple doing backup vocals for me with the whole band playing behind.... Serious life affirming validation for me that night! I'm not quitting my day job any time soon, but maybe a Hall & Oates cover band could be in my future ;)

That's awesome! But nope, I'm up in ole' NJ! Sounds like a great night.
It's so trendy to love H&O now..but I've always loved them...especially that song...I wanted to be named Sara...(my aunt is Sara with no 'h' just like that). *kudos SaraBB.

-I did not know this. Mama,  you can be trendy too! :cheesy:

pawpaw

"I'm able to sing because I'm able to fly, son. You heard me right..."