new years eve sbd

Started by snail, Jan 01, 2013, 02:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

snail

will i buy able to download this with my ticket stub. any word on that? seems weird they'd make the three port chester shows available, and not this. just curious, thanks.

e_wind

Quote from: snail on Jan 01, 2013, 02:00 PM
will i buy able to download this with my ticket stub. any word on that? seems weird they'd make the three port chester shows available, and not this. just curious, thanks.

Maybe in the future, they have all the shows recorded. I saw a taper there last night, though
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

snail

where was the taper? i didn't see any boom mics behind the soundboard.

Dillsnufus

Quote from: snail on Jan 01, 2013, 02:40 PM

cause it was in front of the soundboard lol.
Gazziza My Dillsnufus

snail

Quote from: Dillsnufus on Jan 01, 2013, 02:47 PM
Quote from: snail on Jan 01, 2013, 02:40 PM

cause it was in front of the soundboard lol.

oh. didn't see it there either and i was pretty close. were the mics up high? i was looking around but didn't see anything. hopefully the recording goes up on archive soon at least if i can't download the soundboard. but i dont' see any reason why the soundboards won't be up if all three port chester shows are.

i don't like phish but that's one thing i like is every show they play you can download the shows.

johnnYYac

I asked the taper to post to the forum when it becomes available.
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

SaraBananaBear

Quote from: johnnYYac on Jan 01, 2013, 05:08 PM
I asked the taper to post to the forum when it becomes available.

Good thinking JY!  :thumbsup:
Europe ♥ My Morning Jacket

HansAndreas

They had seats next to me (F2-L-9), tried to help them keep the balloons from the mics  :cheesy:

johnnYYac

Quote from: HansAndreas on Jan 06, 2013, 03:34 PM
They had seats next to me (F2-L-9), tried to help them keep the balloons from the mics  :cheesy:
I saw that!  Well done, Hans!  Great having you join us in Boston! 

snail

11 days later...either were not getting this or this dudes a bum!

Fully

Maybe he's just busy or has a backlog of shows to put up. Be patient. I'm so busy with the Port Chester shows, I probably wouldn't listen to it much right now anyway.

johnnYYac

Quote from: snail on Jan 11, 2013, 12:13 AM
Let's not insult the tapers.  They are our friends.

And try 2 years and 3 months...

http://forum.mymorningjacket.com/index.php/topic,2233.0.html

Monkeyboy

Quote from: johnnYYac on Jan 11, 2013, 07:54 AM

Good god! I hope its not the same taper, for this will never see the light of day.  Sorry we missed ya Yac, we were looking for you at the cantina and saw you up front.  Jahmazed and I were right behind the guy with the double mic rig dead center.
Bos 06,08,11,12 RCMH 08, Burlington 10, Portland 10, T5-ISM,Z,EU 10, Bangor 11, Newport 12

johnnYYac

Quote from: Monkeyboy on Jan 11, 2013, 08:03 AM
Quote from: johnnYYac on Jan 11, 2013, 07:54 AM

Good god! I hope its not the same taper, for this will never see the light of day.  Sorry we missed ya Yac, we were looking for you at the cantina and saw you up front.  Jahmazed and I were right behind the guy with the double mic rig dead center.
Sorry I missed you guys, too.  I went over to the taper to ask that he post DL links when the show becomes available, and also watched them protect the mics when the giant number balls were bouncing around.  A fun night.

nuggets

Looked like the same guys that taped the last boston show and that never surfaced. As a former taper, I get that sometimes your recording is compromised for any number of reasons (have had batteries fail, mics get knocked over, recordings ruined by talkers, screamers, laser shows, ect...ect), but if a friend wanted a copy they would get one. Even if I never even ran a copy for myself off the master. I can only assume it's a lack of internet tech savvy that prevents these tapers from getting their stuff online. Either that or some sort of weird audio hording complex. Bummer though. I have very few recordings of the 17 MMJ shows I've seen (I have 3) and was kinda banking on a recording being available for the NYE show. When I only saw one set of mics and then recognized the taper, I was worried this might happen.  Hope it's just a delay and it shows up at some point, but........
Oh shit, run!

Vanlinc

Yahoo!! Finally the Boston New Year's Eve show has been posted to the Internet Archive. Just downloaded it - so haven't listened to it all the way through yet, but on a first perusal it sounds pretty decent. Thanks John and Andy- whoever you are. So nice to relive this awesome night.  :happy:

Angelo

Did anyone tape PHJB's set? I'd love to get my hands on a copy of whatever song it was Jim came out for.

Dillsnufus

Quote from: Angelo on May 06, 2013, 08:32 PM
Did anyone tape PHJB's set? I'd love to get my hands on a copy of whatever song it was Jim came out for.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQN_GFa-r9A#ws 

The audio on this good?
Gazziza My Dillsnufus

Angelo

The audio on this is great, thanks, Dillsnufus. I was hoping to get it as a flac or mp3 but I guess I can get a Youtube video converter right?