Who will replace ERIC MAYERS.

Started by rna2525, Jan 03, 2013, 03:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rna2525

Just dont understand why hes leaving..but any ideas who might take his place.i think this is a huge loss for the band!

Fully

Maybe he wants to be home to watch his kid grow up.

CHIMMJFAN

Eric, you will be missed!

CHIMMJFAN
"He got tired of walkin' a tightrope"

subinai

Quote from: CHIMMJFAN on Jan 03, 2013, 03:53 AM
Eric, you will be missed!

CHIMMJFAN

for real. the next dude has some big shoes to fill

alexzbik

If they are hiring I am available...

Mayers will be missed big time.
Stolen as the war begun, this time your soul is my one.

tdb810

.....Back at the Model Home

BigHerm

He's a tour manager... Guy seemed nice enough but I don't think his loss matters in the grand scheme of things,

johnnYYac

Quote from: Taterbug on Jan 03, 2013, 09:48 AM
I wish him luck.   He's got his own production company doing festivals and such and is busy as a manager of the Punch Brothers. He's the oil that greases that jackets wheel at these shows.  He has the bar set pretty high for whoever is his replacement.

Eric Mayers @Eric_Mayers "Jason's going to do great.  You have nothing to worry about."

Not sure who Jason is, but he appears to be MMJ's new tour manager.  Couldn't be our Jason from The Steam Engine, could it?   :huh:
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

mahg33ta

Quote from: johnnYYac on Jan 03, 2013, 10:40 AM
I wish him luck.   He's got his own production company doing festivals and such and is busy as a manager of the Punch Brothers. He's the oil that greases that jackets wheel at these shows.  He has the bar set pretty high for whoever is his replacement.

Eric Mayers @Eric_Mayers "Jason's going to do great.  You have nothing to worry about."

Not sure who Jason is, but he appears to be MMJ's new tour manager.  Couldn't be our Jason from The Steam Engine, could it?   :huh:

that would be great for us, no? (always thinking selfishly)

ericm

Quote from: mahg33ta on Jan 03, 2013, 10:57 AM

Haha. Yes it would be.  :cool:

"Where's Jim going?"

FiddleCastro

Haha that would be so awesome!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

I NEEDED IT MOST WHENEVER tbh

Penny Lane

Quote from: ericm on Jan 03, 2013, 11:54 AM
Quote from: mahg33ta on Jan 03, 2013, 10:57 AM

Haha. Yes it would be.  :cool:

Modified: no...boo...Steam Engine would have been a great choice, too!
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

LeanneP

Frankly, there should be a committee of Jacketeers to run these tours. I could handle the laundry duty  :cheesy:

Babe, let's get one thing clear, there's much more stardust when you're near.

Penny Lane

They need a whole new crew to run Roll Call. It's a travesty. Even Tater could get it right and you know how bad he is with deck chairs.

I would be a great tour manager. I can be loud and pushy and I can make sure we're on time and I can hang Jim's pants up on the right crease and I can get Patrick's red shirt pressed and get us to the sound check on time and make sure Jim's meals are full of vegan protein and I'd make sure Tommy's bus cubby is stacked with comics ...and....well..I'd supply with the band with booze, women and all the drugs they wanted because that's what I imagine a tour manager does. I'd hand pick each person for the rail.

wow, that sounds overwhelming. i'll probably just stick to being an online stalker..
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

twofingers

Damn would that be cool, but no, it is not me! Not to say I wouldn't accept if offered!

Hope all you fine folks are well. Got some cool solo Jim stuff going up on The Steam Engine this week!
[url="//www.thesteamengine.net"]www.thesteamengine.net[/url]

Fully

Quote from: Penny Lane on Jan 03, 2013, 12:30 PM
They need a whole new crew to run Roll Call. It's a travesty. Even Tater could get it right and you know how bad he is with deck chairs.

I would be a great tour manager. I can be loud and pushy and I can make sure we're on time and I can hang Jim's pants up on the right crease and I can get Patrick's red shirt pressed and get us to the sound check on time and make sure Jim's meals are full of vegan protein and I'd make sure Tommy's bus cubby is stacked with comics ...and....well..I'd supply with the band with booze, women and all the drugs they wanted because that's what I imagine a tour manager does. I'd hand pick each person for the rail.

wow, that sounds overwhelming. i'll probably just stick to being an online stalker..
Tater could do a better job than ground control. But you and Ben do a great job keeping us going, Penny.

Eric_Mayers

Guess it's time to chime in here.  First off, thanks to all of you that I had the opportunity to meet while traveling around the country... er... world.  It is true that after seven years, it is time for me to focus all my energy on my family, and my three year old daughter.  It is brutal that after one quick tour, I find myself returning to a different human.  I can't miss a moment.

I can say that the time with MMJ was the greatest.  No news to most of you I am sure.  It was fun, enlightening and a total blast working for the greatest band out there.  They really do crush it every night. 

I am working now for a great company in Philadelphia, called CID Entertainment.  www.cidentertainment.com  We run VIP and travel programs for a ton of festivals and tours.  I will undoubtedly see you out there.

As for the replacement... We looked high and low and have found a very like minded, old soul to assist with Jim's upcoming solo album shows/tour.  You'll meet him out there.  That's all that is set in place for now.  Also, many of the MMJ touring crew will also be out on those dates. 

It is sad really, and it was a heard call.   I hope to see you at MMJ shows as soon as possible.  Only this time, I'll be out front, having my face melted with ya'll.

Happy New Year.

EM

tdb810

Quote from: Eric_Mayers on Jan 03, 2013, 03:51 PM
Guess it's time to chime in here.  First off, thanks to all of you that I had the opportunity to meet while traveling around the country... er... world.  It is true that after seven years, it is time for me to focus all my energy on my family, and my three year old daughter.  It is brutal that after one quick tour, I find myself returning to a different human.  I can't miss a moment.

I can say that the time with MMJ was the greatest.  No news to most of you I am sure.  It was fun, enlightening and a total blast working for the greatest band out there.  They really do crush it every night. 

I am working now for a great company in Philadelphia, called CID Entertainment.  www.cidentertainment.com  We run VIP and travel programs for a ton of festivals and tours.  I will undoubtedly see you out there.

As for the replacement... We looked high and low and have found a very like minded, old soul to assist with Jim's upcoming solo album shows/tour.  You'll meet him out there.  That's all that is set in place for now.  Also, many of the MMJ touring crew will also be out on those dates. 

It is sad really, and it was a heard call.   I hope to see you at MMJ shows as soon as possible.  Only this time, I'll be out front, having my face melted with ya'll.

Happy New Year.

EM
I'm all choked up over here....thank you, and best wishes to you in your future endeavors!
.....Back at the Model Home

johnnYYac

Thanks for stopping by, Eric.  We really appreciate your role in making My Morning Jacket the best live experience in rock n roll these days!  And you make a fine glass of champagne!

The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

Fully

Eric, if you're going to rock the rail you had better find a way to get there before scosby, Whippy, Haldon, miss evonne, and crispy. We'll enjoy hanging out with you  in line. Great decision to put your child first. It's an investment you only get one chance to do the right way. I respect you even more for putting her first.