Who will replace ERIC MAYERS.

Started by rna2525, Jan 03, 2013, 03:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jaye

Good luck Eric! - I've been a big fan of your tweets and photos and always impressed with your work at the shows.   I know how hard it is to leave a great job but you are right - kids grow up too fast.  Thank you and see you at the shows!

subinai

Quote from: johnnYYac on Jan 03, 2013, 04:04 PM
Thanks for stopping by, Eric.  We really appreciate your role in making My Morning Jacket the best live experience in rock n roll these days!

:beer:

scosby2

Quote from: Eric_Mayers on Jan 03, 2013, 03:51 PM
Guess it's time to chime in here.  First off, thanks to all of you that I had the opportunity to meet while traveling around the country... er... world.  It is true that after seven years, it is time for me to focus all my energy on my family, and my three year old daughter.  It is brutal that after one quick tour, I find myself returning to a different human.  I can't miss a moment.

I can say that the time with MMJ was the greatest.  No news to most of you I am sure.  It was fun, enlightening and a total blast working for the greatest band out there.  They really do crush it every night. 

I am working now for a great company in Philadelphia, called CID Entertainment.  www.cidentertainment.com  We run VIP and travel programs for a ton of festivals and tours.  I will undoubtedly see you out there.

As for the replacement... We looked high and low and have found a very like minded, old soul to assist with Jim's upcoming solo album shows/tour.  You'll meet him out there.  That's all that is set in place for now.  Also, many of the MMJ touring crew will also be out on those dates. 

It is sad really, and it was a heard call.   I hope to see you at MMJ shows as soon as possible.  Only this time, I'll be out front, having my face melted with ya'll.

Happy New Year.

EM

good luck out there eric! see you soon! it has been a pleasure being a part of this awesome thing that is My Morning Jacket. thanks so much for stopping by and telling us goodbye! I can't even begin to explain how it's not gonna feel the same seeing you at MMJ shows from now on. of the 30+ shows I have been to you have always been there, orchestrating stuff and then ultimately laughing your ass off at me and my friends while we get our faces melted. good luck in all your future endeavors. I will have a spot on the rail saved for you at all shows!

e_wind

Man, reading that was kind of emotional...

I've seen MMJ/Jim in some form perform music 31 times since my first show in April 2010. There is truly no happier place than on the rail at a jacket show, and the band, the fans, you, Ryan, and other crew members have all been a part of that. Change is good, but I wish it wasn't in my MMJ world! Good luck in the future, and thank you for everything. Even the little things like tweets from shows I couldn't attend are great.

No doubt that your daughter will bring you more joy than anything else in life! Thank you!
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

e_wind

P.s. a lot of us are a little sentimental from the post PC/NYE blues...
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

BigHerm

now i feel bad about my post in this thread.

:shocked:

CHIMMJFAN

Hey Eric,

Thanks for posting and giving us the skinny! I wish you the best in your Mr. Mom role as you might find that even harder work, lol.

Speaking on behalf of all those that have ever experienced an MMJ show or 20, we truly appreciate all that you have done for the band!

We'll see you soon in the crowd!

CHIMMJFAN
"He got tired of walkin' a tightrope"

vespachick

Slainte, from you admirer's in PDX.   :beer:
My jacket's gonna be cut slim and checked

GO4IT

Eric, thanks for your wonderful work in helping to evolve this band into the best in the world.  Seen your handiwork now 21 times since Radio City in 2008 and every show was stellar+++.

I spied you on the side balcony during the last show at PC and posted a photo on the 12/29/12 thread, page 7 a few days ago.  Little did I know at the time that this would be one of your last shows as tour manager :cry:

br00ke

Quote from: e_wind on Jan 03, 2013, 05:11 PMThere is truly no happier place than on the rail at a jacket show, and the band, the fans, you, Ryan, and other crew members have all been a part of that. Change is good, but I wish it wasn't in my MMJ world! Good luck in the future, and thank you for everything. Even the little things like tweets from shows I couldn't attend are great.

Ditto!! Much luck in Philly & beyond  :beer:

manonthemoon

Eric, thanks for all of the hard work you've put in over the years and good luck with the new endevour and definately enjoy the little one growing up.  It happens so fast.

Just make sure you continue to grow that sweet beard.
Alive or Just Breathing

Mr. White

Here is that great video of Honest Man Eric M. posted a few days ago. I found it when searching YouTube for Port Chester videos and wondered why it was the only My Morning Jacket video on his YouTube site. The sound may be a tad bit over-driven, but it is wonderful in all other ways! (Eric, if you have any more songs/videos from that night, or any other night, would you please post them for us?!? Thanks in advance and have a great life with your family!)

Honest Man - My Morning Jacket 12-29-12. Capitol Theater, Port Chester, NY.
Kentuckians For The Commonwealth (KFTC) Member Since 2011

Mr. White

Kentuckians For The Commonwealth (KFTC) Member Since 2011

Rizzos Girl

Thanks Eric for all the good good stuff you helped put together and best of luck to you and your family as your life moves forward!  You will be missed! But I will continue to follow your twitter and hope its filled with great stories of your 3 year old!  And I will look forward to maybe seeing you on Whisker Wars. I'm pretty sure that beard of yours could be prize winning!  :thumbsup:

FiddleCastro

Thanks Eric! It was an absolutely incredible run, thank you for all the hard work you put in on all of the 20+ shows I've seen! And best of luck in the future!

I, too hope to see you at a show in the near future!  :cool:
I NEEDED IT MOST WHENEVER tbh

Haldon

Eric, you will definitely be missed.  Enjoy your time with your family and best of luck in your future endeavors.

Quote from: Fully on Jan 03, 2013, 04:22 PM
Eric, if you're going to rock the rail you had better find a way to get there before scosby, Whippy, Haldon, miss evonne, and crispy. We'll enjoy hanging out with you  in line. Great decision to put your child first. It's an investment you only get one chance to do the right way. I respect you even more for putting her first.
Eric will always have a place in the line with me if he wants it.  I'm a sucker for interesting conversations and good stories....and I bet he has got a few.

alexzbik

Sad to see you go Eric but completely understand your reasons for leaving.  You will be sorely missed.

Hope to run into you at a show in Philly so I can buy you a beer as a thank you for everything you have done for the MMJ community!

Best of luck at CID!
Stolen as the war begun, this time your soul is my one.

joey_rogo

Eric, thanks so much. You have put together many great memories for myself and other fans. Take Care. :thumbsup:

Crispy

I have enjoyed the fruits of your labors many times, Eric, thank you SO MUCH. Best wishes in future endeavors.
"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

Sassbox

Quote from: Fully on Jan 03, 2013, 04:22 PM
Eric, if you're going to rock the rail you had better find a way to get there before scosby, Whippy, Haldon, miss evonne, and crispy. We'll enjoy hanging out with you  in line. Great decision to put your child first. It's an investment you only get one chance to do the right way. I respect you even more for putting her first.
Or he can just roll in with me, as one of those fine folks always seems to be saving me a spot  :wink:
God sure baked a lot of fruitcake, baby.