Join Our Team "To the Moon"

Started by tdb810, Dec 12, 2012, 10:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tdb810

Hey Guys, so one of our forum friends, Northern Neighbor, started a fundraising team through Catapult.org, which is a funding program dedicated to Gender Equality around the world.  Our team is supporting three specific projects:

-Alternative Economic Options for Trafficked Women (Your support will provide sustainable jobs for survivors of sex trafficking in the Philippines. In cooperation with Bagong Kamalayan Collective, Inc., CATW has equipped a core group of women with skills and training in organizational and financial management, cooperative marketing, and cooking to run a cooperative catering business that values shared earnings and fair trade. This cooperative uses raw organic materials as an alternative to competition.)

-Clean water for a community in  Ethiopia (Currently, women and children are walking two hours round-trip to collect unsafe water from a river.)

-A new chance for women living with Fistula (Fistula is a devastating condition that affects more than 2 million girls and women in the developing world. The consequences of fistula are life-altering, often leading to isolation and abandonment)

Our team is currently in 14th place, with only 7 members! I know that we can do better than that!  Check out our team here, and consider joining or donating:

http://www.catapult.org/team/moon

Thanks!

.....Back at the Model Home

Fully

Thanks for putting this here. I had meant to do this before now. :thumbsup:

tdb810

Quote from: Fully on Dec 12, 2012, 10:37 AM
Thanks for putting this here. I had meant to do this before now. :thumbsup:
you ROCK!  :thumbsup:

Northern Neighbour

Thanks for posting this TDB!  Hopefully more people will join the cause.  Right now, we have 13 members - 12 of whom are MMJ fanatics.  We have the 13th-ranked fundraising team, only $24 behind 10th.  Let's increase the number of team members and the donation total.

Also, people are welcome to select different projects.  If you do this, just make sure to add the project to team "To the Moon". 

BTW, I sent another email to MMJ management asking them to join too.  No response yet.

tdb810

We have 19 team members, and are in 9th place overall!! 

You guys ROCK!

http://www.catapult.org/team/moon

Northern Neighbour

Yes, thank you to those who have joined.  If you're wondering, in addition to TDB, Fully, and me, the following forum members are part of the team:

- Penny Lane
- Headhunter
- It Beats 4 Jew
- Mahg33ta
- mtngurl
- mtnman
- Jaye
- Crispy
- smhoffmann02
- zanjam
- MrWhippy

So join the club!

ms. yvon

*bump!*

just saw this thread.  will look into it further tomorrow.  not clear if you're donating to an umbrella group or what.  could be the beer clouding my comprehension.  :wink:
"i don't mean to brag, i don't mean to boast, but we like hot butter on our breakfast toast."