Music Rooms?

Started by he.who.forgets, Jan 07, 2013, 08:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Taterbug

My little oasis where I get away and pound on the ivory and such. 
"Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle" Honest Abe

headhunter

Looks mighty nice Tater.
was some shakin' and some record playin'

Fully

Quote from: el_chode on Jan 10, 2013, 06:43 PM
I'm just talking about the face I see in the turntable

I knew what you meant! Love it, I see faces too! :kiss:

Taterbug

Quote from: headhunter on Jan 10, 2013, 08:25 PM
Looks mighty nice Tater.

Thanks HH.  I'd take more pics but I'm waiting to get some posters up. 
"Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle" Honest Abe

el_chode

Quote from: Fully on Jan 10, 2013, 08:29 PM
Quote from: el_chode on Jan 10, 2013, 06:43 PM
I'm just talking about the face I see in the turntable

I knew what you meant! Love it, I see faces too! :kiss:

Paredolia I think it's called
I'm surrounded by assholes

sweatboard

I made my wife view this thread so she wouldn't think I was so insane for having a "Music Room!"   Thanks  :kiss:
There's Still Time.........

he.who.forgets

Quote from: sweatboard on Jan 10, 2013, 10:43 PM
I made my wife view this thread so she wouldn't think I was so insane for having a "Music Room!"   Thanks  :kiss:
glad to help :cool:

Taterbug

Quote from: sweatboard on Jan 10, 2013, 10:43 PM

Let me know if you need a bong for your room.

sweatboard

Ha, I'm barely getting by with my Surfer Rosa poster.  Our friends kids LOVE the music room...especialy the Surfer Rosa poster, my wifes grandma...not so much.  I remember in highschool my mom found a homemade bong in my car and I told her it was a science experiment for school....she at least pretended to buy it, then again, I kinda Was telling the truth.   
There's Still Time.........

Taterbug

Quote from: sweatboard on Jan 12, 2013, 12:04 AM
Ha, I'm barely getting by with my Surfer Rosa poster.  Our friends kids LOVE the music room...especialy the Surfer Rosa poster, my wifes grandma...not so much.  I remember in highschool my mom found a homemade bong in my car and I told her it was a science experiment for school....she at least pretended to buy it, then again, I kinda Was telling the truth.

I remember finding my moms weed when I was 8.  My brother and I were in the midst of trying kill each other and he pushed me into the rubber tree plant and knocked it over.  It was hidden in the planter.  She said it was catnip.  We didn't have a cat.  I still bought it. 

iLikeBeer

Love the weed stories!  :cool:

Shug

Damn, posting photos still eludes me, even though I've been taught before.  Well, here's a link to Flickr if you are inclined to take a look at our music room and a couple of my sons guitars (Taylor acoustic and an Epiphone Les Paul)
http://www.flickr.com/photos/15142692@N06/sets/72157632509033358/

Oh yeah, that Zeppelin diorama is a school project my son did a few years back.  Yep, he's a way cool kid!
"Some like their water shallow, I like mine deep"

Fully

That Zep diorama is so cool! Your son is quite talented.

LD

Quote from: Fully on Jan 13, 2013, 02:04 PM
That Zep diorama is so cool! Your son is quite talented.

Thanks Fully!  That was one of my favorite projects with Austin!! He was in 3rd grade and the assignment was to read a book and make a diorama on a favorite person or persons.  Austin chose Led Zeppelin!  Luckily his teacher was pretty cool and it probably didn't hurt that she was a Neil Young fanatic too!  Recently, we were going through the house purging stuff and can you believe we were wondering whether to keep the diorama or not.  I must have had a momentary lapse of reason on that one!  We kept it and will forever and it has a new home in the music room!
It's too late to play it safe so let's let it all ride

he.who.forgets

newest addition: bought this beauty in a consignment shop the other day - it's a 50's bar and faux fireplace with built-in speakers.

Now for that bong...

Crispy

Quote from: he.who.forgets on Jan 17, 2013, 04:34 PM
newest addition: bought this beauty in a consignment shop the other day - it's a 50's bar and faux fireplace with built-in speakers.

Now for that bong...

Holy SHIT, I am coveting that thing!
"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

ffghtrs

Currently i've been taking over the dinning room.  If i had my own place i would have a great music room with many posters, amps, guitars, a bass, keyboard and i would have to buy a drum set for some sweet jams.  oh man can i dream.
Can you keep it simple? Can you let the snare crack? Can you let it move without holding back?

LD

Quote from: he.who.forgets on Jan 17, 2013, 04:34 PM

Now for that bong...

That is swwweeeeettttt!!!
It's too late to play it safe so let's let it all ride

darkglow

he.who.forgets

kickass, Darkglow!!! I really need a rug to pull everything together...