Music Rooms?

Started by he.who.forgets, Jan 07, 2013, 08:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

he.who.forgets

So I just did some renovating and created a little music room in my loft upstairs.  Anyone else have a room dedicated to music, whether it be listening or playing?
Here's a few pics...still have some work to do, but I think it's coming along nicely

headhunter

You mean the man cave aka the sanctuary?

Yes, it's my favorite room in my house.  Could be one of the few things that helps keep me sane in an otherwise insane world.  I've been fortunate enough to share my music room with some very good people on this forum.

I think I've posted some pix in the past in other threads but I am sure you must be very proud of yours.  Looks like a beauty.

was some shakin' and some record playin'

Hawkeye

Very nice!

Had one in my old house, before we moved this past June...it wasn't that nice though.  I need to get a second stereo system or something...the problem I run into is my good speakers and record player always end up in the living room, with my "cool" furniture and music playing equipment in another room.

My basement in this house has some potential...I plan on having a music section, a workout section, a brewing section, and a storage section  :thumbsup:

(Someday soon?)
We could.

Loress

Looks nice :)

Yeah we have one too, the man cave, or "information centre". Hundreds of CDs, records,
books, it's pretty amazing. It's the only room in the house I rock out with the harmonica.
These pretzels are making me thirsty.

Jaimoe

I'm planning on a music room soon. Wall-to-wall framed gig posters, inspired by the Fillmore in San Fran. I'll have two amps up there, 6 guitars and a music centre set up. Can't wait!

BH

I've been planning a music room in my head for years and it looks a lot like yours!    I'm jealous!
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

pawpaw

he.who.forgets, looks great! The one thing that's missing is a killer bong, and maybe a shrine for it.

Hawkeye's music room is now the nursery!  :grin:
"I'm able to sing because I'm able to fly, son. You heard me right..."

iLikeBeer

Quote from: bbill on Jan 08, 2013, 11:44 AM
he.who.forgets, looks great! The one thing that's missing is a killer bong, and maybe a shrine for it.

Yes!  What is a music room without a bong?   :cool:

My music room is currently in the form of a girl's playroom in our attic?!  :tongue:   One day it will be mine... ALLLLL MIIIINE!!!   :beer:

he.who.forgets

thanks for all the compliments!  I plan to trash that pc and desk (which you can barely see from the photos) and replace with a laptop.  I'm also going to add a beanbag chair or two.  And finally still need to frame some more posters for the walls but they're all irregular shapes/sizes so could be holding off for a while since as you probably know it can get quite expensive.

pawpaw

Quote from: iLikeBeer on Jan 08, 2013, 12:53 PM
Quote from: bbill on Jan 08, 2013, 11:44 AM

Yes!  What is a music room without a bong?   :cool:

My music room is currently in the form of a girl's playroom in our attic?!  :tongue:   One day it will be mine... ALLLLL MIIIINE!!!   :beer:

Without a killer bong, it's just storage.  :grin:
"I'm able to sing because I'm able to fly, son. You heard me right..."

Jaimoe

No bong in my music room, but I will have a beer fridge and Fender Twin Reverb amp.

johnnYYac

If you're gonna have a beer fridge in your music room, shouldn't it be this one?

$399

http://marshallfridge.com/
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

Jaimoe

I will, but Bud won't be in it, that's for sure.

LeanneP

No, Jaimoe, it'll be 50 all the way   :tongue:
Babe, let's get one thing clear, there's much more stardust when you're near.

el_chode

Quote from: he.who.forgets on Jan 07, 2013, 08:32 PM
So I just did some renovating and created a little music room in my loft upstairs.  Anyone else have a room dedicated to music, whether it be listening or playing?
Here's a few pics...still have some work to do, but I think it's coming along nicely

You have a very happy turntable
I'm surrounded by assholes

Jaimoe

Quote from: LeanneP on Jan 09, 2013, 08:52 PM
No, Jaimoe, it'll be 50 all the way   :tongue:

No Canuck domestic old man/hipster swill!

Some nice imports and craft beers for me!

Shug

Quote from: el_chode on Jan 09, 2013, 09:46 PM

yeah, just noticed Zepp IV on the turntable and Tatoo You as well, nice!  :thumbsup:  Nice looking cocktail there, too, although it looks like melting ice has diluted your bourbon, I think you need a fresh drink!  :smiley:

I just recently got our office/music room going, got some framed posters up and CD racks mounted on the walls and stuff, it looks kinda like yours without the guitars.  Those are all in my sons' room, he's the guitar player in the family.  I'll try to get some photos soon.
"Some like their water shallow, I like mine deep"

LD

Quote from: Shug on Jan 10, 2013, 02:52 PM

yeah, just noticed Zepp IV on the turntable and Tatoo You as well, nice!  :thumbsup:  Nice looking cocktail there, too, although it looks like melting ice has diluted your bourbon, I think you need a fresh drink!  :smiley:

I just recently got our office/music room going, got some framed posters up and CD racks mounted on the walls and stuff, it looks kinda like yours without the guitars.  Those are all in my sons' room, he's the guitar player in the family.  I'll try to get some photos soon.

When you post pics of the office/MUSIC room, post some of #2 kids room and don't forget the Led Zeppelin diorama he made!!! Cool stuff
It's too late to play it safe so let's let it all ride

he.who.forgets

Quote from: Shug on Jan 10, 2013, 02:52 PM

You guys are exteremely observant :thumbsup:

el_chode

I'm just talking about the face I see in the turntable
I'm surrounded by assholes