Previous topic - Next topic

TheThird

The Black Keys are pleased to announce the following shows:

4/28 Kansas City, MO - Sprint Center
    4/30 Pittsburgh, PA - CONSOL Energy Center
    5/2 Atlanta, GA – Aaron's Amphitheatre at Lakewood
    5/3 Nashville, TN – Bridgestone Arena

All with special guest the Flaming Lips
[url="http://www.discogs.com/user/TheThird/collection"]http://www.discogs.com/user/TheThird/collection[/url]

Fully

Are you going, Third? I'm thinking pretty seriously about it even though I don't care all that much for Black Keys in a arena. I'd rather see them in a theater, but that's not going to happen for awhile. With the FLIPS, it will be a great show though.

TheThird

If I can get a ticket then I'm most definitely going! The Black Keys have been on my "to see" list for a long time now. I'm a little bit bummed it's at Bridgestone instead of doing a three night run at the Ryman or something like that but I'm not surprised. I'm pretty sure I missed their non-arena days sadly. Although, it being at Bridgestone is easily made up by the fact that the FLips are also playing. I'm not too familiar with the music of the Flaming Lips, but I've heard that they put on a killer show so that's enough to have me excited. If you decide to go let me know!
[url="http://www.discogs.com/user/TheThird/collection"]http://www.discogs.com/user/TheThird/collection[/url]

Fully

Quote from: TheThird on Jan 08, 2013, 08:14 PM
If I can get a ticket then I'm most definitely going! The Black Keys have been on my "to see" list for a long time now. I'm a little bit bummed it's at Bridgestone instead of doing a three night run at the Ryman or something like that but I'm not surprised. I'm pretty sure I missed their non-arena days sadly. Although, it being at Bridgestone is easily made up by the fact that the FLips are also playing. I'm not too familiar with the music of the Flaming Lips, but I've heard that they put on a killer show so that's enough to have me excited. If you decide to go let me know!

You will be in for a treat. I do think I'm going to go. I need to wait to see the lineup for Beale Street Music Fest. It's the same weekend, which may mean that they will play in Memphis on the other night of that weekend. That would be awesome too.

TheThird

Quote from: Fully on Jan 08, 2013, 08:32 PM

You will be in for a treat. I do think I'm going to go. I need to wait to see the lineup for Beale Street Music Fest. It's the same weekend, which may mean that they will play in Memphis on the other night of that weekend. That would be awesome too.

Oh this might change things. Do you know when they're announcing the lineup for Beale Street Fest?

Fully

Quote from: TheThird on Jan 08, 2013, 08:35 PM

Oh this might change things. Do you know when they're announcing the lineup for Beale Street Fest?

I don't. It's a problem. Do I go ahead and buy a ticket for this then possibly sell them or do I wait until  after Beale Street announces and then get nosebleed tickets if I'm lucky? I've seen both bands before. Well, I couldn't actually see the BK at roo because the crowd was too thick and I was too far back. But the Flips, are very visual so being far away isn't so terrible. There's still quite a bit to see. Both bands on the card together make this a very interesting show. It will be a great night.

I also just saw where Widespread Panic is playing at Fontanel on May 3 and 4th. This is becoming a nightmare. Why don't they just go ahead and have a pre-bonnaroo party. It's pretty clear who won't be at roo this year.

ManNamedTruth

Didn't realize the tour was so small when I saw they were coming to Pittsburgh. Gonna buy some tickets right when they go on sale and will try for the floor seats if prices are reasonable. I have seen both bands before, and got to see BK before their arena days. If Flaming Lips weren't coming I probably wouldn't even go, both together should be a great time.
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

TheThird

Quote from: Fully on Jan 08, 2013, 08:39 PM
Quote from: TheThird on Jan 08, 2013, 08:35 PM

I don't. It's a problem. Do I go ahead and buy a ticket for this then possibly sell them or do I wait until  after Beale Street announces and then get nosebleed tickets if I'm lucky? I've seen both bands before. Well, I couldn't actually see the BK at roo because the crowd was too thick and I was too far back. But the Flips, are very visual so being far away isn't so terrible. There's still quite a bit to see. Both bands on the card together make this a very interesting show. It will be a great night.

I also just saw where Widespread Panic is playing at Fontanel on May 3 and 4th. This is becoming a nightmare. Why don't they just go ahead and have a pre-bonnaroo party. It's pretty clear who won't be at roo this year.

I read on ticketmaster that some tickets are going to be paperless. I haven't really looked into it, but I don't think you can sell paperless but I could be very wrong. Just something to think about before buying.

capt. scotty

Quote from: ManNamedTruth on Jan 08, 2013, 11:57 PM
Didn't realize the tour was so small when I saw they were coming to Pittsburgh. Gonna buy some tickets right when they go on sale and will try for the floor seats if prices are reasonable. I have seen both bands before, and got to see BK before their arena days. If Flaming Lips weren't coming I probably wouldn't even go, both together should be a great time.

Pretty crazy they are playing Pittsburgh on a 4 city tour. I wont even begin to try and explain that one. $75 for floor seats though?? I'll pass. I dont think Ill be living in the area anyway at that point. Im wondering how many tickets theyll sell for this. Crazy to think I saw them in Carnegie Mellon University's gymnasium that they sold 1000 tickets barely 2 and a half years ago (also doesnt seem that long ago).
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

ManNamedTruth

Tried getting tickets today but got so frustrated with ticketmaster that I changed my mind about going. I had floor seats and when I went to purchase them, it told me I already had the credit card stored that I was trying to add and wouldn't let me finalize the purchase, but all of the credit cards it was showing that was stored didn't have the correct expiration date. After that I looked was available and only seats in the back were left. Such an anxiety inducing experience that I don't even want to go anymore.

BigHerm

Quote from: ManNamedTruth on Jan 11, 2013, 10:45 AM
Tried getting tickets today but got so frustrated with ticketmaster that I changed my mind about going. I had floor seats and when I went to purchase them, it told me I already had the credit card stored that I was trying to add and wouldn't let me finalize the purchase, but all of the credit cards it was showing that was stored didn't have the correct expiration date. After that I looked was available and only seats in the back were left. Such an anxiety inducing experience that I don't even want to go anymore.
I was trying to get 4 together in the lower bowl. Searched 10 or so times and Ticketmaster blocked my IP. I, too, don't want to go anymore.

ManNamedTruth

Tickets were still available a week later so I decided to go after all, sure would have been fun (but expensive) to have floor seats though. More excited now that the Lips have a new album coming out too.

Jeff Murray

If anyone has a good single available in the lower or middle level for Nashville let me know... gonna make a musical vacation if I get tix for Jim James at the Cannery, don't feel like paying stub hub prices...
Pretty please with peanut butter pudding surprise on top??

Sheets Of Clay

They typically don't announce the lineup for Beale Street until the first of March. In the past, the bands that they "like" on their Facebook page end up being the bands that play. Both the Flips and the Keys are "liked" so they'll almost definitely be playing in Memphis.

The main problem with that is that the Beale Street Music Fest is absolutely horrible compared to almost any other festival.

bearass

this would be an awesome show holy shit...but these are two totally different uhhh "commercial bands" and im sure half of the audience might not dig on the flips

*disclaimer i use the word commercial loosely

capt. scotty

Quote from: Sheets Of Clay on Feb 01, 2013, 03:49 AM
They typically don't announce the lineup for Beale Street until the first of March. In the past, the bands that they "like" on their Facebook page end up being the bands that play. Both the Flips and the Keys are "liked" so they'll almost definitely be playing in Memphis.

The main problem with that is that the Beale Street Music Fest is absolutely horrible compared to almost any other festival.

Why so?

I mentioned to a friend who lives in Memphis about going to NO Jazz Fest this year and he said Memphis' fest is right around the same time...Im assuming Beale St is that fest
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

Sheets Of Clay

Quote from: capt. scotty on Feb 02, 2013, 12:25 AM
Quote from: Sheets Of Clay on Feb 01, 2013, 03:49 AM

Why so?

I mentioned to a friend who lives in Memphis about going to NO Jazz Fest this year and he said Memphis' fest is right around the same time...Im assuming Beale St is that fest

Beale Street and the 2nd weekend of Jazz Fest are the same weekend.

Problems with the fest include:
The layout is horrible (it's at least a mile from the gate to the main stage)
It ALWAYS rains (you can count on it)
Drunk teenagers everywhere
No security barricade down the middle of the crowd at the main stage so it can get pretty rowdy
No video screens so you really can't see unless you're down front
Parking is a nightmare
Headliners end at 12:30am and that's not when you want to be in downtown Memphis (I got an empty 40oz. thrown at my car)

Good things about the fest:
Blues tent

I've been to both and Jazz Fest is a little more expensive but it's way better. Jazzfest will have a better lineup. Beale Street is run by a non-profit so they just don't have the money to get a great lineup.