Big score on rare MMJ CDs

Started by rincon2, Jan 08, 2013, 06:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rincon2

Today I went to our counties only real decent record store with my son. Every time I go there I look for obscure MMJ stuff. Today I did not find anything.There was a bin of rare import CD's, some really interesting stuff. I told my son about it and he immediately found what I missed. 2 import copies of the 2002 9:30 Club show. They were clearly bootlegs, but $4.99 each. That is THE CD I have been looking for. I think it is probably the best album they have to introduce people to this band. One for me, one for an undetermined person. :thumbsup:

Angelo

Nice, it's such a great feeling to come across gems like that. We have a few records stores left where I live however they are a shell of their selves. Just about anything you would want from smaller labels need to be special ordered. Completely takes away the fun of getting your fingers dusty. I can usually always count on them for RSD stuff though, so that's a plus.

EverythingChanges

What is the set list on that?
I wonder why we listen to poets when nobody gives a fuck

rincon2

Quote from: EverythingChanges on Jan 08, 2013, 11:59 PM
What is the set list on that?
1. Suspicious Minds
2.The Way That He Sings
3. Heartbreaking Man
4. The Bear
5. Just Because I Do
6. XMas Curtain
7. One Big Holiday
8. Phone Went West  (In my opinion the best version, at least until the new 2012 version)

EverythingChanges

Is that the heavy jam version that I've seen on YouTube with Quaid? I love it so much!
I wonder why we listen to poets when nobody gives a fuck

johnnYYac

This was an iTunes release, included with other official releases on the MMJ website here:

http://mymorningjacket.com/releases/my_morning_jacket_live_at_930_club_08162002

Its from 8/16/02.  Finding it on CD means someone burned copies, I guess.  I think I have a physical CD of this, too, but I'll have to check when I get home.  I don't think the PWW on this (from 2002) is the same performance as the two iconic JQ-era performances everyone remembers, from Austin 6/03 or from the end of the It Still Moves EPK.

The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

parkervb

Quote from: johnnYYac on Jan 09, 2013, 02:20 PM
This was an iTunes release, included with other official releases on the MMJ website here:

http://mymorningjacket.com/releases/my_morning_jacket_live_at_930_club_08162002

Its from 8/16/02.  Finding it on CD means someone burned copies, I guess.  I think I have a physical CD of this, too, but I'll have to check when I get home.  I don't think the PWW on this (from 2002) is the same performance as the two iconic JQ-era performances everyone remembers, from Austin 6/03 or from the end of the It Still Moves EPK.

love that Mercury Lounge show! a very kind forum person once mailed me a DVD of that show...swell guy ;)
Don't you ever turn it off

johnnYYac

The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

SVRDhand13

10: T5 (At Dawn, Z, Evil Urges) 11: VA, MSG, 2012: BK, Cap Theater 1-2 15: GovBall, XPN, Beacon 2+3

ms. yvon

nice scoop, dale! :thumbsup:

i heard that version of suspicious minds on kxlu here a few years ago and pestered the dj to find out its origin.  bought this on...emusic?  just a download.
"i don't mean to brag, i don't mean to boast, but we like hot butter on our breakfast toast."

rincon2

Quote from: EverythingChanges on Jan 09, 2013, 12:31 PM
Is that the heavy jam version that I've seen on YouTube with Quaid? I love it so much!
No, the youtube one was a year later. Just watched it. Quite impressive. Does Jim say Fuck You and thanks at the end? It sure sounded like it.