Jim's New Website

Started by MamaKel, Jan 10, 2013, 02:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MamaKel

Jim's new website looks cool.  There's a cool Instagram contest for those interested...it's for a prize package...all you have to do is take an Instagram photo influenced by "A New Life". That's pretty cool...

Good luck to those who participate...but y'all should check out the site.

Fully

Quote from: MamaKel on Jan 10, 2013, 02:44 PM
Jim's new website looks cool.  There's a cool Instagram contest for those interested...it's for a prize package...all you have to do is take an Instagram photo influenced by "A New Life". That's pretty cool...

Looks like going to church and looking up at the pulpit. The picture, I mean. Nice spring flowers. Jim seems to be marketing this as Sexy Jesus which is fine by me.

MamaKel

Sexy Jesus...amazing Fully!!!!

I like Jesus' new threads though. Spiffy little dresser, the Lord is.  Nice attention to color, as well. Super calming.

Taterbug

Quote from: Fully on Jan 10, 2013, 03:13 PM

Looks like going to church and looking up at the pulpit. The picture, I mean. Nice spring flowers. Jim seems to be marketing this as Sexy Jesus which is fine by me.

There is NOTHING sexy about our lord and savior.   :evil:   Fully your from the bible belt.  Very disappointed.
"Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle" Honest Abe

Dillsnufus

Quote from: Taterbug on Jan 10, 2013, 03:22 PM

There is NOTHING sexy about our lord and savior.   :evil:   Fully your from the bible belt.  Very disappointed.

Jesus got those washboard abs lol
"Hamlet 2" - 'Rock Me Sexy Jesus' Sing-Along
Gazziza My Dillsnufus

Bigsky

Didn't Jesus hook up with Mary Magdalene? So he had to be sexy, because she was hot...

Fully

There is NOTHING sexy about our lord and savior.   :evil:   Fully your from the bible belt.  Very disappointed.  I would totally expect that from from one of those east coast liberals.  But not you.  :smiley:

Really, Tater? Jesus isn't sexy?

I've proved my point.

Taterbug

Quote from: Fully on Jan 10, 2013, 03:44 PM

There is NOTHING sexy about our lord and savior.   :evil:   Fully your from the bible belt.  Very disappointed.  I would totally expect that from from one of those east coast liberals.  But not you.  :smiley:

I've proved my point.

Maybe if he shaved his beard and I got really drunk I might find his supple lips intoxicating.
"Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle" Honest Abe

Fully

Quote from: Taterbug on Jan 10, 2013, 03:51 PM
Quote from: Fully on Jan 10, 2013, 03:44 PM

I've proved my point.

Maybe if he shaved his beard and I got really drunk I might find his supple lips intoxicating.

Well, if anyone can get you drunk, Jesus can.  :bath:

MamaKel

This is totally a conversation that would have appalled me as a kid...I always thought I was going to hell or something if I wondered if Jesus was ever naked, or if he had a girlfriend, or if he ever laughed when he farted.  Seriously.  I still wonder about that stuff. Like, does being "enlightened" mean that you can't be sexy? Or that you don't find stupid things funny? Or like, did Jesus ever have an "off" day where he just kind of laid around?  Did Mary ever get upset with him for like not sweeping the hut or whatever?  Did he ever just like fuck up a furniture project that Joseph had assigned to him?

I think about this stuff a lot. 

LeanneP

I bet Jesus farted a LOT. I mean, can you imagine how much hummus and fool that guy ate every day?!  I only had a few TBSPs of hummus last night and I'm expelling lethal gasses like semi-dormant volcano.

Jim James is my personal Jesus.
Babe, let's get one thing clear, there's much more stardust when you're near.

Fully

I imagine Jim farts moonbeams and star stuff  since we're being sacreligious.

MamaKel

That's what I don't understand!!! I go to church every week, and consider myself a follower of Christ...but I don't understand why asking questions is sacreligious. But I guess it goes against what a lot of religions want you to be doing, so I guess that's why...

MamaKel

P.S. Leanne, that was pretty hilarious.  :grin:

WAIT...we may have something. Scientists recently discovered ancient volcanoes on Venus, which not only are an indication of life, but also indicate what may have happened to life on Venus...the trapping of Volcanic gas in the atmosphere. Think of it like "a dutch oven"

SO...here on Earth, volcanoes are a huge part of what creates NEW LIFE. I BET some MOONBEAMS and dusty STAR MATTER came from Venus, and landed here on Earth to bring us NEW LIFE!!!!

We are solving ancient riddles and no one even seems to notice. This is what happens when you ask questions.

Fully

None of them bother me much because I'm not a believer. They're nice rules to live by, but I don't need them to guide me through life. My moral compass works well without a big daddy in the sky. However, I do get that religion is necessary for lots of people. If it helps you get by, then more power to you.

MamaKel

I dunno if it's like a "necessary to get by" thing...I genuinely believe in what Jim talks about as 'a tapestry of faith'...of taking different things from a lot of different religions and philosophies and kind of weaving your own consciousness.  I go to church the way some people meditate.  It is a place of spiritual grounding.  I know most people aren't necessarily like that, and are a little more fundamental with what they call 'belief'.  I don't 'believe' in anything.  I have faith. There's a big difference. But whether you believe or not, I think people should be respectful...but not at the expense of not asking questions...

This thread got weird quickly.

Mr. White

Quote from: MamaKel on Jan 10, 2013, 08:30 PM
I dunno if it's like a "necessary to get by" thing...I genuinely believe in what Jim talks about as 'a tapestry of faith'...of taking different things from a lot of different religions and philosophies and kind of weaving your own consciousness.  I go to church the way some people meditate.  It is a place of spiritual grounding.  I know most people aren't necessarily like that, and are a little more fundamental with what they call 'belief'.  I don't 'believe' in anything.  I have faith. There's a big difference. But whether you believe or not, I think people should be respectful...but not at the expense of not asking questions...

I kind of agree with you on all of this MamaKel. From some of the things Jim has said during concerts and in interviews, I fell he has been searching and searching all the way back to his days of "experimenting" in alternate consciousness in his high school days. I was raised in a church-going family and still go every week with my wife. (She is much more religious than I am.) I had read up on several religions and ways of thinking about reality over the years, and I kind of do the same thing as what you described Jim as doing. I take the best stuff and try to leave out all the crap that "followers" want to force you into thinking and doing.

I missed your posts last week. Welcome back!
Kentuckians For The Commonwealth (KFTC) Member Since 2011

Fully

And that's cool too. Whatever gets you through life is good. Everybody needs something different. Who am I to judge. My brain just doesn't work that way. Going to a great live show gives me what I think that religious people get from going to church or at least what some of them get. Maybe good music is as close to the idea of God as I'll ever get, and if it is, I'm completely fine with it because it fills my soul more than religion ever has.

MamaKel

Thanks, pal. Good to be back.  :thumbsup:

I remember those high school "science" experiments.  They often wound up with such results as me in the shower singing "Walk Like An Egyptian" in a made-up foreign language...

And Fully, I truly think that the live music experience is one of the closest experiences to 'God' or "unity consciousness" that you can get. I've actually written a lot of essays about the process of making music, (from the recording process, to artist collaboration, to the concert experience), and how it is the closest thing to transcendence, particularly on a mass-scale, that we can experience.  I don't think our views/experiences are that far removed, we just use different words to describe it.
Quote from: Mr. White on Jan 10, 2013, 08:50 PM

I kind of agree with you on all of this MamaKel. From some of the things Jim has said during concerts and in interviews, I fell he has been searching and searching all the way back to his days of "experimenting" in alternate consciousness in his high school days. I was raised in a church-going family and still go every week with my wife. (She is much more religious than I am.) I had read up on several religions and ways of thinking about reality over the years, and I kind of do the same thing as what you described Jim as doing. I take the best stuff and try to leave out all the crap that "followers" want to force you into thinking and doing.

I missed your posts last week. Welcome back!

sweatboard

There's Still Time.........