Official 2013 Festival Speculation

Started by EverythingChanges, Jan 24, 2013, 11:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EverythingChanges

It looks like JJ will be at Bonaroo

Also, Forecastle just posted a link about Flaming Lips upcoming LP.  Perhaps they are a headliner this year?  They have a festival date on the 14th of July so they would have to play on one of the first two days.  Too bad I don't have any of their music yet.
I wonder why we listen to poets when nobody gives a fuck

TheThird

Quote from: EverythingChanges on Jan 24, 2013, 11:24 PM
Also, Forecastle just posted a link about Flaming Lips upcoming LP.  Perhaps they are a headliner this year?  They have a festival date on the 14th of July so they would have to play on one of the first two days.  Too bad I don't have any of their music yet.

I doubt the FLips headline Forecastle since they headlined in 2010 and there wasn't a festival in 2011. Headlining two out of three festival years seems unlikely to me.
[url="http://www.discogs.com/user/TheThird/collection"]http://www.discogs.com/user/TheThird/collection[/url]

Fully

Well luckily RCHP shouldn't headline Bonnaroo for a few more years.

EverythingChanges

I have no idea who will be headlining, I wish they'd announce already...

I hope RHCP doesn't headline Forecastle.  They are just okay.

oistheone

This my favorite/least favorite time of year. I love the excitement of lineup drops and planning my big festival trip for the summer, but I hate my financial restrictions limiting me to only one festival! I also hate how spread out the announcements are. I wish February 10th was "festival day" and every festival in North America would just drop their lineup and then we could all weigh our options and decide. But that will never happen.

I'm torn on a return to Bonnaroo or a return to Forecastle. Just did Forecastle last year, so after an extended absence, I'm tempted to do Roo, and do it big, but something tells me Forecastle will have a bunch of special shit like they did last year.

Without seeing lineups, what festival are you guys being naturally drawn to this year?

MrWhippy

Quote from: oistheone on Jan 25, 2013, 02:57 PM
Without seeing lineups, what festival are you guys being naturally drawn to this year?

Fun Fun Fun Fest in Austin last year was just about the best festival experience I've ever had, when you consider all factors (lineup, convenience, cost, lack of hassles, etc.).  I bought a presale ticket for this year without seeing the lineup first. 

Excited about doing Newport again, but a bit worried that they won't be able to knock it out of the park again in the lineup department like they did last year (and not just due to MMJ).

I also had bought Coachella tickets before the lineup was released, and will not be selling my tix.
My heart can't wait to meet you on the other side.

EverythingChanges

I'm excited for Forecastle, since it is so close to home and half the price of most other big festivals in the area.  I am hoping the lineup is great, but I don't see how they can outshine last year with MMJ.  Maybe that is because I am biased... Ah well, that is what being a fan is all about!

yakeroo

I really hope the Paul McCartney rumors at Bonnaroo are true. Hearing all 80k+ singing Hey Jude will give me chills.

Fully

I think roo will get Fleetwood Mac. If you look at their schedule, it's open on those dates and they aren't far away.

robb

yeah, fleetwood plays detroit on the wednesday before roo starts, and it seems like detroit-bonnaroo has become a pipeline of sorts.
some get stoned, some get strange, sooner or later it all gets real.

MrWhippy

Quote from: yakeroo on Jan 26, 2013, 03:19 PM
I really hope the Paul McCartney rumors at Bonnaroo are true. Hearing all 80k+ singing Hey Jude will give me chills.

And the thought of hearing 80k+ singing "Don't Stop Thinking About Tomorrow" gives me nightmares.

Fully

Quote from: MrWhippy on Jan 27, 2013, 10:12 AM

And the thought of hearing 80k+ singing "Don't Stop Thinking About Tomorrow" gives me nightmares.
What about Tusk?

MrWhippy

Quote from: Fully on Jan 27, 2013, 11:19 AM
Quote from: MrWhippy on Jan 27, 2013, 10:12 AM

What about Tusk?

That's certainly a better thought, but in the interest of no one getting hurt and things not getting broken, it would be best if me and Fleetwood Mac did not cross paths.

Fully

You can go hang out at the drum circle.

EverythingChanges

The Fleetwood Mac idea isn't getting me too excited over here.  I really want to see the lineups. 

Anyone think MMJ might play a festival somewhere? Or just JJ solo this year?

davymac

I'll be at Wanee this year, ABB, WSP, Les Claypool, and NMA are enough for me (and its in my backyard)  :drum:

e_wind

The things I've heard about Forecastle this year are NOT exciting. Apparently they're trying to move more towards electronica
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

ericm

Quote from: e_wind on Jan 27, 2013, 03:44 PM
The things I've heard about Forecastle this year are NOT exciting. Apparently they're trying to move more towards electronica

Damn! Not only is that NOT exciting, it's downright sad, and really bums me out.
"Where's Jim going?"

e_wind

That's from the grapevine, though. Not definitely true
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

EverythingChanges

Quote from: e_wind on Jan 27, 2013, 03:44 PM

This is not true, I mentioned something about this on Forecastle's page a while back and whoever runs the page shot that down immediately, telling me whatever source I learned that from was incorrect.  I hope he's right!